Old 09-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Default Starting Tomorrow - WW @ home that is

Hello there.

I've been here on 3FC since August, and have lost between 5 and 10 pounds (it fluctuates). My aunts have been following Weight Watchers for a few months and attend meetings. I asked them to pick me up the Complete Food Guide and I just got it from them today. I am planning on starting it tomorrow since I got it midday.
If anyone has any advice or words of wisdom please let me know, but mostly, I just wanted to pop in here and say hi.

Sarah
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/155/140

I've never done WW but I just had to give u kuddos for starting tomorrow instead of the old standby..."I'll start Monday"
Jokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

Heh, thanks. I'll take all the support I can get.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Woo Hoo welcome aboard! The best thing I can tell you is to journal allyour food and activity. It is amazing how you can miss calculate what you are eating! The next thing I can truly say is move...even if it is only 10 min here 5 min there just keep doing it and before you know it you are doing 10 min here and 30 min there LOL---honest! then you almost like it, then it becomes like a religion LOL --(not) I just keep hoping it will, I just took up running after 30 years and am waiting for me to like it. But I do enjoy dvd's I have bought like 'walk away the pounds' series it has really helped. I hope you post often and let us know what is going on the good, bad and the ugly wel love it all.....also check out the weigh in thread and just post the loss on your designated weigh in day

nancy
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:56 PM   #5  

See if you can get your hands on a points slider...that is the handiest weight watcher instrument (in my opinion!) I have been on ww before and went to the meetings and found them very helpful.

But my current situation doesn't allow me to go to meetings right now, I just can't afford it! So I am trying to do the ww system at home as well. Journal journal journal! Like it was mentioned earlier, if you put it in your mouth, write it down because it is very easy to forget what you are eating and hold yourself accountable!

Good luck!
MummyTummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #6  
ASHABROAD

S/C/G: 222.7/212.5/140

Another thing I would suggest is realize it's not a quick thing. I have lost with WW and it works, but after two pregnancies and then with some other medical issues - I put on 35 lbs in a year and I am the heaviest I have ever been - so when I start losing I want it gone fast..so just celebrate every ounce, lb, and goal you make. I think seeing the victories small or big really lead to the overall loss in time.

Good luck,
Ashley
ASH0424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:44 PM   #7  
is in it to win it

S/C/G: 236/ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Good for you starting up the ol' WW. I just started back up 4 days ago myself! have you ever done WW before? I lost 70lbs on the plan years and years ago and since leaving it and having my first child gained almost double what i lost BACK! ugh!! lol a tip i found is to just search everything in google. I look up the points for everything that i cant find on my own in google and sure enough someone, somewhere has looked it up and posted it for girlies like me and you! so! good luck! i hope you do a great job! Ive already lost 5lbs, so we know it works!
Sherindarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to add that if you don't have a points calculator you can actually buy those on ebay. You'll pay a bit more but it's very valuable when you are trying to figure up points. If you aunt bought the complete food guide she may pick you up a calculator as well. Also, I use my dining out guide a lot. A know I should eat so much fast food, and I try not too but when I am out and need to eat I like having a handy book I can just flip through and find the points. Some resturants are not listed, so I end up coming home or preplanning if I can, and looking it up on the computer. Caloriekind.com is a good site, as well as nutritiondata.com for looking for your NI. Also check the resturants website many have their NI listed.

It's already been said but journaling is very important. I also find that I need to plan my day/week ahead of time. I can not just go to the grocery store and buy what I think I will need for the week. I have to plan what recipes I am cooking for the week and buy groceries according to the recipes I have picked out. Being ready for any situation. When you are hungry and don't have a plan is when you are most likely to grab something you shouldn't.

also, even if you have a bad food day. Don't let it turn into a bad food week, month, year, etc. Everyone has bad days. It's important to pick yourself up and keep going.

that's all I can add right now. congrats on your new lifestyle.. you can do this!
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/158/130ish

Height: 5'9

I am also new! The best tip I can give you, is don't go over 10 points by lunch time! I know that my biggest meal of the day is supper and I don't want to waste 7 points on breakfast. There are some new 100 cal mini bagels out by "thomas"--only 1 POINT! they are great! I usually dont eat breakfast till I get to work, because if I eat TOO early I want to snack more. So by eating at work, I usually give myself a snack around 10ish. and then lunch by 12. Salads are amazing. They are NO points. Be sure you journal EVERYTHING! I have a journal that I write down everything I eat, I also write down little notes. Like sunday I went to zaxbys and just HAD to have a wings n things. 30 points right there! So i wrote a note to myself saying that was aweful! I also recommend not wasting points on non-filling items such as milk or oj--I could take those two points and eat a granola bar and feel fuller.

If I can think of anything else I will definately share!!!

Oh and BTW, the dinig out guide does NOT have a lot of restaraunts in it, but I have found a helpful website with LOTS of restaraunts on it with their WW points..I cant post it, but It is called Dottis Weight Loss Zone...

w w w. d w l z . com/ r es t au r a n t s. h t ml

This is the website without all the spaces! (sorry! wouldn't let me post a full link because im new)
Cierra72387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Also another great item are the Green Giant steamers....a bag of veggies is usually only 1 or 2 pts for the entire bag!
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote