Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #1  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 245/221.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Default WW @ Home - Super September Success!

Hope it is ok that I started a thread for chatting in September.

Sorry for the cheesy title.....I'm not terribly creative.

Hope that everyone is having a good week.....I am looking forward to an awesome September with lots of weight loss!!

It's gonna be a GREAT month!!! I think I can......I think I can......I know we can!!

(sorry - didn't have the best August ever....so I'm thinking that I need lots of motivation for September! )
Ragsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good for you for starting the thread....think I fell down on the job LOL actually playing with grandbaby hehe

It is going to be so awesome. I am looking forward to a loss since I have not been able to weigh for two weeks now and won't be home until sept 6th so will almost have missed three weigh in's

Since being with daughter I have not been able to do my usual DVD's for exercise (just no room) and have been walk/jogging around a small lake near the apt -- .5 mile walk to lake, 3.5 miles around .5 mile walk back whoo hoo

well check back in later
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #3  
I'm ready, I'm ready!

S/C/G: 203.5/see ticker/155

Height: 5'4"

I'd like to join! I started WW for the second time late July and have lost almost 8 pounds (and was on a 10-day vacation in August). I'd love to have motivation to keep going! I seem to be keeping to my points this week so I'd love to get to my first 10 pound goal!

I weigh in on Friday/Saturday.
alanadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #4  
Chopper5

S/C/G: 258.8/255.5/145

Height: 5' 7"

Default It will get better

I did really good Monday. I was kind of worried that since I had a loss I would splurge on points a little. But, I was able to stay on track and do well for the day. I did great yesterday during the day. Then 30 minutes before I left work, they told me I am being laid off in 2 weeks. Needless to say, it was a large coke and nachos for dinner. Not a great choice, but it happened. After sleeping some of the frustration away, I woke up in a decent mood today. Ready to get back on track this morning and remain that way.
Best of luck to everyone this month. We can do it!
Chopper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #5  
One day at a time!!!

S/C/G: 245/221.2/140

Height: 5'2"

Welcome alanadoodle....glad to have you here!

nancy - I think it is so great that you have been able to spend this time with your daughter and her new baby girl. Sounds like you have done great considering you have not had total control over fixing all the meals and you have done an awesome job with exercising! I really need to do a better job with the exercising part....

Chopper5 - I am so sorry to hear about your job. That just sucks. So many people are getting hit with job loss right now and I am so sorry for that. Keep your head up! Where one door closes, another one opens. I wish you the very best.
Ragsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #6  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

Ivy1534,

That quote, about not doing this overnight, is so important to keep in mind. I know in the past I think I've failed because I keep wanting a quick fix, but it doesn't work like that! At least not if you want to do it in a healthy way that will allow you to maintain.

I am looking to lose at least 100 lbs, and when I first decide to finally do this and lose all of this weight, I knew it would take at least a year if I wanted to do it right. While that is certainly daunting, going into this knowing it will take me a long time makes it a little easier, week by week, because I'm not looking for overnight success.

As it is, I'm already a month in and have lost 11 lbs!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #7  
Work in Progress

Ivy I am not sure where that quote first got started but it is kinda the overall theme everyone should chat.

Tudor congrats on the 11 pounds

Well today we picked up baby's pictures and they are so cute! but as much as I loving being with daughter and grandbaby I am looking forward to getting home to my other DD and DH...been gone almost two weeks. I am worried about my weigh in when I get there and hoping that I have at least managed to lose a pound
Old 09-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #8  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Hi Everyone!
Curious... who is doing Core/Momentum and who is doing points/flex?
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #9  
Work in Progress

noussa I do flex points it seems to work best for me and my lifestyle
Old 09-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #10  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

I started with points and now I am doing the old core program... it seems to work for me since I am tired of "portion control and weighing" you know, traditional dieting-- but it does get a tad boring... any ideas on how to shake things up a little?
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 248.6/249/135

Height: 5'2"ish

Well... I got a rather nice suprise at the doctor's office yesterday. When I got on the scale I was prepared for the worst. It was still higher than I'd like BUT according to my doctor's scale I am 7lbs lighter than my last weigh in on Aug 23. I'm not sure if that's really true because I wasn't on my scale but it was still nice. I'm hoping that when I wi on Saturday morning it'll still be a nice loss even if it's not 7lbs.

noussa - I do the flex points with core. Which means to me that I try to follow the core foods list but I still count portions and points. For me, it's important to have the structure of the points. Sort of a cut off of when to stop eating. I've just never been able to train myself to listen to my body and stop eating when I'm satisfied. But for some reason, if I'm out of points I'm usually able to stop myself from getting another helping of whatever.

I think that's a good question. I don't think we've talked about that before.
Chrissy1175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 02:20 AM   #12  
I'm ready, I'm ready!

Great quote! I try to remember that when I get into the mode of "need to lose this weight ASAP!" I really have to check myself and KNOW that it's going to take awhile. It helps that my husband is deployed, that gives me extra motivation.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

Welll chickies I had a great day yesterday! You know I am visiting DD and new GB. They live in the oakland, ca area so yesterday I ventured out. Took the BART to SF and went site seeing/shopping the entire day. I left to walk to the BART at 9:30am (.7miles) and did not return until 6:00pm and I can honestly say I only sat down when riding the BART, ate lunch, and rode a trolly. So all in all walked about 7.5 hours up and down the hills of San Fran....my legs are telling me all about it today. I even walked to the top of Nob HIill. How many activity points do you think that is???

But I did buy myself two great pair of shoes (I am such a shoe hound--me and emelda)

Ok I am off for now check back in later
Old 09-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #14  
I'm ready, I'm ready!

Nancy--How fun! I love walking around San Fran and taking BART. Planning to go next month with my 2 little ones! Ah shoes!! Love 'em!!

I was so HAPPY to see 192 on the scale this morning!!! First 10 pounds gone! Buh-bye! I'll be at pre-pregnancy weight in 3 pounds. Woo hoo!
Old 09-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #15  
girl disappearing

S/C/G: 311/239.2/195

noussa, I do the points because it's what I did the first time around and I know how it works. Plus, I'm pretty anal, so I like the accountability and record keeping that comes with it.

Plus, I'm not sure I'd trust myself to stop when I was feeling satisfied. If I was able to do that all these years, I wouldn't be in this mess!
Tudor Rose is offline   Reply With Quote