Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 298.6/298.6/175

Height: 5'9''

Default Weight Watchers with Alli?

I just started using Weight Watchers again. I was on the program before and lost 40 pounds, but I reverted back to my bad habits so I gained it all back and then some. I am trying once again and was considering using Alli pills along with Weight Watchers Flex Points system. Has anyone else used the pills along with Weight Watchers? What do you think about this? I have been using the Flex Points for a week now. I haven't weighed myself yet, I decided to weigh every other week instead. One of my biggest problems last time was weighing myself pretty much every day and the small variations day to day stressed and depressed me. Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.
nlm1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I don't know anything about the Alli pill but is that the one where the side effects where you have a lot of gas and produces an oily discharge type stool? If it is what I am thinking about I would rather lose just using ww....
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

I just started doing the same thing. I can say that when I'm not following the WW diet and I just take Alli, that the side effects are explosive (lol). But this past week I have not had any side effects because I have been eating low-fat. So as long as you are watching your fat content, Alli should work well as a diet aid.
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:34 PM   #4  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

I do WW and alli. I normally rarely have side effects. I only had them when I had Gold Star Chili wayyyyy off plan. I think it's fine to use with WW. I know some people will be snotty about it but Alli is a tool just like WW is a tool. Some people just need extra motivation not to gorge on that bag of chips.
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298.6/298.6/175

Height: 5'9''

Thanks, I think I am going to do it. I have been following Weight Watchers for over a week, sticking to the points, so I feel like I probably won't have too many side effects.
nlm1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:44 PM   #6  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I did this when I first started.....mainly because I really didn't want to do what I did in previous attempts at WW (lose a little then fall of the wagon) so I paired up WW Core with Alli.

When I got confident enough to know that this way of eating was becoming a habit then I stopped taking Alli. I never got any of the stuff like oily discharge, etc because I kept my fat intake under the allowed amount with Alli.

Good luck!
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

I am thinking of taking Alli as well. I have lost about 54 pounds w/ WW Core but ever since the program has changed to Momentum (and thanks to the holidays) I'm stuck and find myself eating not so healthy foods along with some healthy foods (i.e. lean cuisine pizza a few days a week but I'll make an all fruit smoothie in the morning). I figure I won't cheat and embarrass myself w/ the effects. I have another 25 pounds to lose.

RomanceDiva- How long have you been on Alli? Have you noticed if you have lost more in a week after incorporating Alli into your plan?
sammi861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #8  
Loving life!!

I stopped taking Alli after 3 months because I felt like I would do ok without it....I don't really know if Alli helped me shed extra weight since after I quit I lost at the same rate. It did help keep me honest though! lol

Last edited by TJFitnessDiva; 01-12-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

hmmmm damnit. I don't know if I want to pay an extra 50 bucks a month just as a sure thing to keep honest. Not to mention public embarrassment lol. I guess I'm just going to really have to kick it in the butt over the next couple of months. Thanks for your input!
sammi861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/190/160

Height: 5'10

What is Alli and where do you get it? Started ww today and have 30 to lose...never heard of Alli, does ww recommend it?
Lisa78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Alli is a weight loss pill. You can buy it just about anywhere. It has a lot of side effects though. Goto thier website and read about the side effects. They dont sound to fun..
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #12  
Loving life!!

Alli is not endorsed by WW....you can pretty much find it in any stores diet section though!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:03 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/206/190

Height: 5'9"

I have to caution people about Alli. Remember, it is a version of a pharmaceutical that was pulled after adverse effects.
I took Alli last spring for two months. I had some side-effects, not terrible, but I couldn't figure out the fat to carb ratio that was supposed to work.
Then I had some stomach problems, but thought that they were from stress, diet, whatever, until two months ago when my gas, bloating, pain and (yes, there it is) anal leakage led me to think I had cancer or an intestinal blockage. I went through ever test imaginable, including a colonoscopy, but there was no real visible damage, except diverticulosis. I have to be VERY careful about what I eat now. Half the time I don't know what to eat, except that it has to be high fiber, which is not what is always available.
I have never had any stomach problems whatsoever, until I took Alli. I'm watching for a class action suit, as I believe that Alli caused permanent damage, and by the way, I only lost 15 pounds and it's back.
keikoasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #14  
Melting the lbs away

S/C/G: 185/154/125

Height: 5'2"

If you do not eat fattening foods, you will not have side effects with ALLI. I have been on it for 5 days and never once have had leakage or ended up on the toilet. You just have to follow a low fat diet, which is what I do anyway. If you are still eating fatty foods, your best bet is to not take ALLI.
Cruebratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #15  
Excited to try WW again

I think Alli can be a good tool, but you have to be serious about following the guidelines.
mishi09 is offline   Reply With Quote