Old 03-25-2009, 09:09 AM   #16  
Hyperactive Firecracker

S/C/G: 316/316/150

Height: 5'5"

Alli used to be marketed as a drug named Meridia, available by prescription only. One of my good girlfriends works in a pharmacy, and reports that one of her regular customers stopped taking it because (please pardon the crudity) he "couldn't take the constant sharts."

Just a piece of info.
Jencendiary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I am not a WW but follow most of their principles. I am a calorie counter rather than a point counter. I have had success with using the combination. The only time I have any side effects (the ones people are so disgusted with that usually have little/no experience with the true Alli plan) is when I have eaten off plan. I discontinued Alli for a few months and continued to lose with diet and exercise alone. I decided to step up my game to make it a bit quicker so I went to see my physician. I am still using Alli (sparingly) under his supervision. I will continue to as well.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 03-25-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jencendiary View Post
Alli used to be marketed as a drug named Meridia, available by prescription only. One of my good girlfriends works in a pharmacy, and reports that one of her regular customers stopped taking it because (please pardon the crudity) he "couldn't take the constant sharts."

Just a piece of info.

Ummm..I think you mean Xenical.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:02 AM   #19  

I'm on weight watchers using the "winning points" system (extremely old school- I think it was the original points system they started with). Anyway I take alli on days I splurge. Yes I have some side effects but as long as you wear a pantie liner or something, its not too terrible. Call me weird but I actually feel relieved whenever I experience side effects because I feel like its actually working and blocked the fat I over consumed on.
MMM87 is offline   Reply With Quote