Old 12-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default Support at Home Dec 14-20 thinking of the new year

Well chickies, weigh in was great this week down 2.5! that means a big dance around the room for me!

Today I was out doing a bit of the Christmas shopping and got to pondering my new years resolution I wanted to try something I use at work called a 'smart' goal. I wanted to try and apply that..It means
S = specific
M = measurable
A = attainable
R = realistic
T = time driven

So if for the new year I wanted to reach my goal weight by April 2009 would this formula work? so I wrote it out
S = specific..reach goal weight of 135 by April...not specific enough so April 30, 2009
M = measurable with wi every week ... yes
A = attainable...yes if lose avg 1.25 pounds per week
R = realistic...I think so yes
T = time driven.. yes it is

I am going to put this up on my refrig and keep it in my food and exercise log so I can see it every day. When I reach my goal I will start a new one of maintaining goal weight for xx amt of months.

What do you guys think?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Height: 5'3

I'm here, just don't have much to contribute. Pretty much crashed this weekend (with the birthday party and DH being in Chicago all day Saturday) and gained 1.5 lbs this weekend. Going off sugar until Christmas and TRYING to be better. Have a sick kiddo. Needing a little more sleep. Hanging in there though.
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #3  
Work in Progress

sorry to hear about the sick chicklet! and then to have a gain...Goodness knows I have had my fair share of those these past few months.

I don't think I could swear off sugar but I am trying to eat the SF stuff like SF choc pudding and then I found some 0 cal, 0 carb so 0 points carmel dip from walden farms. It really helps me with my cravings when I dip apple pieces in it. I also got some of the peanut butter which I use for celery. The only draw back to these is I have to order them online and the consistency is a little off if you were to try it without something else..(kinda acts like it is some type of gelatin) but the flavor is fine.

I worked out tonight with my firm dvd..think it was super cardio with abs or some such. Sometimes these dvd's just go to fast for me and I can't keep up since I am not coordinated enough to follow along but I figure since I am moving it must be helping

that is all for now hope everyone has a great day
Old 12-15-2008, 11:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Hello ladies! Allow me to introduce myself for the .... well, it feels like the 5th or 6th time - but really I think it's the 2nd.

I was on this specific board (WW@home) consistantly for 5 or 6 months in a row last year. I check in every now and then, but haven't been nearly as active (to let you know just how not active - I don't see a single familiar face!). I have been a member of 3FC since 2006, I think? I have the blog and everything!!!!

some background story....

My weight loss journey started in January 2007 - I was at 235 pounds. Now, my highest weight on record was 262 - but I didn't decide to start trying to get the weight off until January when I was at 235. Now, before I started trying to lose weight, my lowest weight that I remember from my adulthood was when I was about 17 years old - I stepped on my parents scale and it read 196 or so. I swore to myself then that I'd NEVER get above 200 pounds. Obviously, it happened. So, when I got back under 200 pounds (that happened in November 2007), that was the lowest weight I had been in 10 years!!! I was ELATED!!!!! So, the weight started coming off slower and slower. Finally it crawled to a stop at 188 pounds (I think I saw 187 on there once back in August of this year). Over the course of the past few months, I have completely disregarded everything that has gone into my mouth and I have all but become a hermit. So, on Dec. 6 - I had my official re-start. I weighed in at 197.6. This past Saturday (my weigh in day), I was at 199.2 (TOM is in town though - so hopefully it's not a true weight). I'm back where I was 10 years ago, swearing that I'd NEVER go over 200 pounds.
That brings me to where I am now.
I love WW. It worked for me the first time around and I have no doubt that it will work for me this time around.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Sorry for rambling!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 12:58 PM   #5  

Sorry Nancy, somehow I missed seeing your 2.5 lb loss this week! YAY for you! That's so encouraging!

Welcome (back), LondonJulz. This thread was actually a lot more active during the last several weeks, but I think people are busy, or like me, not doing so hot. That's awesome that you're still under 200 when you've been eating "whatever" for a while. Re-starting after a while is always nice, because if you're good, the weight does come off quickly at first!
Doing okay. I must be really addicted to sugar, because yesterday was SO hard. I WANTED it. I ate over my points, but I didn't eat any junk. I've revised my goal: I can pick 3 times to try something sugary between now and Christmas. I'm more likely to stick with it this way, because I won't want to give up those choices except for something really good...
Old 12-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

ctrsara,

You know I have started taking one one bite from something before I commit to eating the whole blasted thing...I am referring to the bad stuff...anyway, if I don't give the item a ten plus then I throw it out and make my hubby eat it..LOL
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

London, I am not a WW member but I do like some of the recipes and find that I follow most of their advice...instead of counting points, I count calories so I guess it's basically the same principle.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

London, we are always glad to see new or familiar faces!

Since you are new to me and I am new to you let me tell you a bit about myself. I started this journy about 3 years ago with my highest somewhere around the 185-190 (that is my best estimate) Medication did/still plays a role in my weight gain but that is just a fact I have to deal with. I could always manage to lose down to about 155 then start to get comfortable and start to go back to my old eating habits and before I knew it I was back up there...not able to wear my 'big' work clothes blah blah blah. I am sure there are many who can relate. Then I stumbled onto this site last Aug and love it. I don't go to ww meeting or online but through research I have a strong grasp of how it works and now follow the 'wendie' plan. The lose has been much slower than I thought but I am changing my habits slowly so this time I am convinced it will stick to a lifetime.

sara I think thighs has some good advice about taking a bite, savor it and then if you can walk away.

Thigh ww flex is very similar to calorie counting but for me it is like calores counting for dummies I only have to count to 20-30 instead of 1000-1500
LOL

Today I had a nsv....my first one!!!
I have a red blouse I wear to work, made of that stretchy cotton. Well in Aug I could barely button it and was contintly pulling it down since it would ride up. Today I put it on and it actually lose around me and looks like it should instead of like I was poured into it. I actually feel kinda skinny today..what a wonderful feeling
Old 12-16-2008, 11:03 PM   #9  

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I have never been a member of Weight Watchers - but I did purchase all the stuff I'd need from an online auction. It's just so easy and I find that it's something that I can do for the rest of my life!

Ctrsara - Wow, what a goal, especially around the holidays! But I have no doubt you can do it!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:19 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

I too bought all my materials on an online auction and after research found that this is a plan I can stick to. I may never be able to look at food again without mentally calculating the pt value LOL

Well today has been a good day, so far op's but I have errands to run after work so I will not do my exercise today. Which is ok I have done 3 days in a row I will rest today then workout Thur and Fri to make it 5 days out of 7

After yesterday I was feeling so good about this feeling of being 'skinny' I had to weigh myself this morning..well no loss for the week yet but I still feel good--and who knows I might make my mini goal by the end of Jan
Old 12-18-2008, 11:46 AM   #11  
Work in Progress

Well chickies it is a cold snowy day here and I slipped slided my way into work.

Last night was not a good night for pts for me. I did run the errands like I wanted to after work and did not work out that part was ok but then hubby brought home crab legs for dinner (still a good thing) but it was the bottle of wine that pushed me over the edge. It was a mini celebration of sorts for us but now I am regretting the wine. It put me over my points--alot lol..when one drinks one does not use their best judgement. So here I was eating anything that was sweet and not nailed to the counter

Needless to say I went over my pts by 8 and no ap points to counter it.
Now I have not used any of my flex pts all week nor have I cashed in on my ap points so I am hoping this will not kill any chance I have of losing for wi on Sunday
Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #12  

Good morning ladies! Today is my last day of TOM and I am anticipating weigh-in on Saturday to see what my non-TOM bloat weight is. *crossing fingers*

I haven't yet started counting points. All of my WW stuff is at home and I am currently at my parents until after Christmas. I need to dig out my moms stuff and start journaling my food and keeping points. *note to self to get that done!!!!*

Other than that - doing pretty well. I haven't binged in a few days. I am trying to get my mind OFF of the food when I'm stressed or feeling bored. So far so good!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #13  
Work in Progress

London glad to hear you are not binging LOL. I find that keeping a journal really keeps me honest. I have this template that I have modified that has a place for me to check off my water/milk/fruit/oil/veg each day as I use them also a spot to check off ap pts and flex pts so I have a running total I can see at a glance it. It is actually pretty similar to the journal that ww sells and I would be happy to send it to you if you like.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:44 PM   #14  

oh, please email it to me! I'm going to PM you my email addy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:30 AM   #15  

Hanging in there. I think I was pretty close to my points yesterday. We had a little mini-Christmas this morning - so we don't have to lug anything home at $15 - $25 per checked bag - and I only ate two little chocolates. I will try to be good the rest of the day too!