Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2002, 08:26 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 4/22 - 4/28

Starting the topic. Be right back
Old 04-22-2002, 08:48 AM   #2  

Karen B - I think it's great that you are exercising after work - hey, whenever you can get it in is the right time for you! Sorry to hear about the battle of the hormones - boy, do I know how that feels! Congratulations to the Vancouver Canucks! Yummm, we love salmon and I'll bet it yummy. I know, I kow, the sneak peek wasn't the best thing to do - I'm planning on staying off it until Saturday morning!

Karen C - I'm so glad we could help you get back on the WW wagon. Congratulations on result at the scale! I'm sorry you didn't like the Smart Ones Sundae Cups - I really liked them.

Well, TOM got me - I was up 1.2 but I'm pretty sure it's because of TOM. I've decided that I'm going to do everything I can to make it to 10# lost by May. That's 3.4 from my weight on Saturday but I think it's doable since I think the gain is already gone (I feel totally un-bloated now). That's my short term goal - I want to be at my 10% when we go to the beach (end of July) which is 9 pounds from now - aggresive (for how I've been doing) but stilldoable. Ihad a pretty good weekend - I did a cardio/strength workout on Saturday and Tony and I played a little tennis yesterday. I was very careful - we played for only 20-23 minutes. I play left-handed so there's no problem with my forehand and I didn't use my two-handed backhand since I didn't want to mess with my bad (right) shoulder. Since Tony and I just hit the ball to each other it was fine - I tried a one-handed backhand and it was pretty funny. I don't know if I posted last week but I'm on Federal court jury duty for 2 weeks - I have to call each evening to see if I have to go in the next day. I didn't have to go in today and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to tomorrow.

Oh, BTW Carla, thanks for the Smart Ones Sundae cup recommendation - I had one last night and I enjoyed it. I especially like the fact that it is "pre-measured" since that's the problem I always have with Healthy Choice ice cream.

Have a great one!
Judy
163.6/156.6/135
Old 04-22-2002, 12:52 PM   #3  

Hi Judy, sorry about the weighin, but you sure have a great attitude. I'm sure your goals are attainable as long as you stick with the program! All that exercise is what's going to push you towards your goals. I read in Get With The Program that in order to burn fat, you must exercise within your target heart rate. I guess everyone else knew this but me! LOL! That's why I decided to cut back on the time and up the weights. I think it's working pretty well for me because I haven't gained weight! I have to concentrate on snacking, or NOT snacking, because I'm going back to Texas to spend Mother's Day with Mumsy and I really would like to be down a few pounds before I leave.

About the sundae cups: I think I'm just spoiled from the Healthy Choice ice cream, which I love, but like you have problems with portion control. I thought the Smart Ones Peanut Butter had an unpleasant aftertaste and the Vanilla was flavorless. But I'll eat them anyway, heehee!

I've been trying to stay busy so I don't get bored and eat. So far it's working, but this evening will be the hard part. Have a great day!
Old 04-22-2002, 01:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,

Karen B - Yay for treadmilling during the hockey game. Thanks for the reassuring words about Ana and anathesia. Hope you enjoyed the salmon.

Karen C - Good for you for maintaining your weight from the last meeting. Goes to show you how many good habits are ingrained in you now. Sorry to hear you didn't like the Smart One's Sundae cup. I had another one last night - pbutter and chocolate - and while it didn't send me into raptures, it was good. If you can find the Skinny Cow ice cream cup, I think that it's way better.

Judy - Sorry to hear about the gain, but I'm sure it's TOM and will be gone before you know it. Your goals sound good - not too terribly aggressive. Glad to hear you were able to get some tennis in.

I stayed within points this weekend through no effort on my part. Still had tummy problems - especially Saturday. Friday I was feeling good. I had a hamburger and split a small order of fries with my cousin. The food was made fresh and not particularly greasy. It didn't upset my stomach but Friday night I was still so full I couldn't stand the thoughts of dinner. Then the chills hit and sure enough, I had a fever. Spent most of the day Saturday sleeping. I'm feeling better today, at least as far as my stomach goes, but I'm still taking it very easy with what I eat. So, I should see a loss on Wednesday. It's cooled down considerably here, which is nice, but our sunshine went away. Oh well, it should be back soon.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 04-22-2002, 04:57 PM   #5  

Karen C - yup, target heart rate makes a difference. I have a heart rate monitor (have had it for a couple of years) and I really like it - it's been especially helpful when I do run/walk intervals. Of course, the perceived exertion scale he has in the book works well too. As far as activity points, I combine the average heart rate I get from my monitor with the good old fashioned "how much did a I sweat" scale to decide where in the Low, Medium and High my workout fell. Sounds like a good plan to concentrate on dropping a few pounds before Mother's Day. The sundae cups I got were the chocolate with chocolate fudge and I thought they were pretty good - not as good as the chocolate brownie Healthy Choice but not bad for the 2 points - and I stopped at the 2 points (the portion control factor). As for this evening - do you have any hobbies/crafts you can pick up?

Carla - oh my, it sounds like a bit of food poisoning - did you speak with your cousin (I wonder if she (he?) was sick too). I'm glad that you had an OP weekend but sorry you were feeling ill. I think it's a very idea to go easy on your stomach. It certainly cooled down here too and it's been rainy most of the day.

I've had a good day so far - I had a PT session early this morning and managed to squeeze in 1/2 hour of a step tape. It's not too busy at work so I think I can finish on the early side and maybe get in a good stretch tape. I'm off to call the jury duty number - all fingers and toes are crossed!

Judy
Old 04-22-2002, 05:31 PM   #6  

Carla, sorry that you had a bad weekend. That is not a fun way to lose weight. Thanks for the suggestion on the Skinny Cow sundae cups, I love the sandwiches, so if I can find the cups, I'll pick them up. Unfortunately, all I could find last time was the Smart Ones.

Judy, I'm crossing everything for you too! I hate jury duty, my husband loves it! Thanks for the suggestion on hobbies. I used to do needlework, I think I should start again. That would definitely keep my hands busy.

I've done really well today food and exercise wise. I went shopping this morning and picked up a couple of pair of lightweight slacks to make it through the summer, and another pair of shoes! We're still setting record highs, but it's supposed to drop to the 80's tomorrow, which is just tolerable. Have a good evening!
Old 04-23-2002, 10:16 AM   #7  

Karen C - Thanks for crossing your fingers - I didn't have to go in today but of course, I have to call again tonight about tomorrow. I think picking up the needlework is a good idea - I did some knitting last night and it helped.

I had a pretty good day yesterday - I did have a snack right before bedtime (a high fiber one which is what I needed ;-) but everything else was controlled and I am in good shape point wise. Today will be a long day at work (and so far is shaping up to be very annoying) so I will not get any exercise in. My shoulder is bothering me a bit this morning - I don't know if it's the knitting last night (I knit a little more than I probably should have), PT or the combination of both. I'm hoping it goes away during the day - I think I'm going to NEED to knit a bit tonight (stres reduction) - if I do though, I'll keep it to just a few rows. I don't want to go backwards on the shoulder progress.

Judy
Old 04-23-2002, 12:01 PM   #8  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning,

We finally have a sunny day here! It's been miserable for weeks.

Judy - too bad about the gain, but it's only a temporary minor glitch. Glad you didn't have to go in for jury duty. Hope you survive your long drawn out day at work. Why not take a page out of Angie's book tonight and have a long hot soak in the tub? I still haven't found my knitting since we moved. I even initiated a massive garage clean out to spur the effort along, but no luck (although you can actually move in the garage). I'll have to go looking for a new pattern and yarn and get going on a new project. Garden fever has struck hard though, so I may not be able to sit inside and knit for a while.

Karen C - it sounds like you're well and truly back on the wagon, and with another new pair of shoes! I had a major slip yesterday afternoon and evening, and now it's my turn to need a hand back on! Ah yes - target heart rates are very important. Mine is supposed to be around 140. Our treadmill has a HR monitor.

Carla - you poor thing! Hope you'll be back to normal very soon. You'll like what you see on the scale tomorrow though...I'm not holding out much hope for my weigh in.

For some reason yesterday I was absolutely starving at work in the afternoon, and found a box of girl scout cookies buried in my desk. After polishing off at least a dozen, the trend continued when I got home. Grazed until supper, had dinner, and while we were eating some cute little girls came to the door selling chocolate covered almonds as a fundraiser, so that just topped off my day! I HATE it when I do that. Oh well. Feeling back in control again today. I must drink drink drink this morning. This afternoon I'm treating myself to my first ever manicure and pedicure. Tonight I'm going with a girlfriend to a course to make hanging moss baskets. Mike was supposed to be coming with me but he's taking FIL for a CT scan at the same time.

Hope you all have a great day.

Karen B
Old 04-23-2002, 01:57 PM   #9  
Angie-del

Happy Think Thin Tuesday!

Judy- don't dwell on the gain....it'll flush out by weigh in. I think your short term goals are achievable, by all means. Helps to keep us striving towards them full-barrel when they're realistic goals. You're lucking out so far on the jury duty..hope it continues!

KarenC- nice tidbit of info you found in your book! I have a heart rate monitor on my treadmill but it seems to be inaccurate so I just step onto the side rails and watch the time on my treadmill console and check it myself. Jump onto the internet and surf awhile to get rid of free 'danger' time at night. I second Carla's recommendation of the Skinny Cows- they're creamy and a great 2 pt treat.

Carla- hope our grocery store starts carrying the pb and choc Smart Ones sundaes soon. They've just appeared on the shelf lately and the only flavor was the van/choc fudge. I liked it and I think they're a life saver (pt saver?!) to be in a premeasured amt. Sure hope you start feeling a-okay shortly!

KarenB- enjoy your manicure/pedicure! Being pampered is a great way to spend a few hrs. Hope your fil scan comes back all right.

I had a great weigh in yesterday. I was down another 1.4#, so I got my 20# star and my 10% keychain! The program is just clicking with me this time. Have a great day!
Angie

Old 04-23-2002, 02:48 PM   #10  

Karen B - Sorry to hear about your day yesterday but it sounds like you have put it behind you and are moving on - good for you. Have you looked at why you were starving at work - did you skip a meal? It sounds to me like it would be a good idea to get some low point non-perishable snacks and put them in your desk drawer. It may not have helped yesterday but it may help in the future. I may just get in the tub tonight - it would help me get to sleep early because I have to get up very early tomorrow for my podiatrist appt (downtown - I haven't been there since the beginning of the year). I may I'm glad to hear that you can move in your garage! I know what you mean about garden fever - the only thing stopping me from taking out every garden implement we own and "having at it" is trying to be careful of my shoulder.

Angie - Congratulations on your 10% and on your 20# star - you have been a real inspiration!!!! It is wonderful to see how much the program is clicking with you! Way to go and thanks for being suchg a great cheerleader! I got the nice little 16 week consecutive hands clapping thing at my meeting on Saturday and can't wait until I can put it on my 10% keychain! I was very surprised but I really haven't thought about the gain since Saturday morning. I've just thought about achieving my short term goals. I've been trying to incorporate as many "tricks" as I can so far this week - knitting at night, trying to eat a little meals during the day, etc. Tony and I still have a "regular" dinner but I've been trying to have two smaller breakfasts, a smaller lunch and something later in the afternoon so I don't get home starving. I saved half of my sandwich at lunch to have on the way home today because I can't be munching during the presentation but I know I'll be hungry afterwards.
Old 04-23-2002, 03:25 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all.

Had a client meeting this morning in the next town over. It only lasted 1/2 hour and I've been working from home the remainder of the day.

Judy – Yay for dodging the jury duty bullet. I’ll keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow for you. I’m sorry that your day is shaping up to be annoying, as well as long. I hope you’re able to relax tonight. And I hope your shoulder is feeling better. I haven’t talked to my cousin or my mom to see if they’ve been sick. Other than the fries I shared with my cousin, we all ate different things, though.

Karen C – We’re going to have to start calling you Imelda! I love shoes too, but because of a high instep and a wide width, have had trouble over the last few years getting shoes to fit. Highly unfair, I think. I’m glad we’re not having your weather here. Anything 80 or over makes me miserable. I’m glad to hear you had a good day – keep up the good work.

Karen B – Sorry to hear you had one of those “if it ain’t nailed down, I’ll eat it” days. We all do. The important thing is you got right back on track. Nothing good ever comes out of eating a Girl Scout cookie. Wish I could catch gardening fever. As I told Judy once, I like gardening in theory, but not so much in practice. Enjoy your manicure and pedicure and your moss basket class. Sounds like a great day!

Angie – Yay for another great loss, for making your 10% and for 20 pounds gone forever. Awesome job! Has your snow melted yet?

Hi to Pat and Michele!

I had a good day yesterday. John brought home a pizza, but it was thin crust and I had the points for it. Sure tasted good. And no ill effects on my tummy. Today's been a good day too. I'm looking forward to a happy trip to the scale tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 04-23-2002, 04:23 PM   #12  

Judy - I'm sure the gain was because of TOM. Your goal is definitely doable. Hope you don't have to go in for jury duty. Hope your shoulder lets you get in some stress-reducing knitting tonight.

Karen C - I think not working in my target heart range is what has aggravated me with exercise before. I don't notice a difference when I just walk (not fast enough I'm sure) but do lose much better when I add some jogging. Keep working at it and you'll be down some more before going to visit your mom. I need to get out shopping for myself. The girls both went this weekend, but I didn't get anything for myself.

Carla - Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Tummy troubles have been going around here, but fortunately I have been able to avoid it.

Karen B - Sorry about the rough day yesterday. We all have them sometimes, but what is important is to get right back OP. Enjoy the manicure/pedicure.

Angie - Yahoo!! Congratulations on the 20 lb star and 10% keychain.

I'm still hanging in. I didn't weigh in this week. TOM started Monday morning after going out to eat Sunday night for my birthday. My birthday was yesterday and Darrell offered to take me out for ice cream last night, but I turned it down!! I've been keeping up with the exercise program...three weeks straight now.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 04-23-2002, 07:02 PM   #13  

Hi Judy, I hope your day was not as annoying as you thought it may be, and that you lucked out on jury duty again. Sorry your shoulder is acting up again, mine has settled down, thank goodness. I am most impressed with your focus on your short and long term goals. Can I rub you and see if it rubs off on me?

Karen B, I've slowed down the wagon for you, jump right up! Sounds like you have a fabulous pamper day planned! I must tell you that I had my first manicure/pedicure just last year and now I'm addicted! I have a manicure weekly and pedicure monthly! We deserve it!

Angie, YEA!! for you!! You truly are an inspiration! I'm glad it's clicking for you this time around, and thanks for sharing.

Carla, glad you're feeling better, good luck with weighin tomorrow. Yes, I am Imelda! Luckily I have a foot that must have been the model for the shoemakers, so it's easy for me to find shoes. Plus, I only wear open shoes, slides, sandals, clogs, mules. Actually I despise wearing closed shoes, can't even handle heel straps. Good thing I live in Florida!

Pat, happy belated birthday! You are so committed to pass up treats on your special day! Congrats on the exercise, keep it up. I guess I thought that any exercise burns calories, and as long as I was doing it, I would lose, but I guess the clincher is losing fat! Live and learn!

I've had an okay day except for lunch which was egg salad on potato chips. What was I thinking?? At least I jumped right back on the wagon and had soup and cereal for dinner! My sneak peek this morning was frightening! I don't want to gain this weight back again, I have to remember that each and every day.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:18 AM   #14  

Pat - First of all, Happy Belated Birthday - I hope it was a happy one! I'm glad to hear that you are hanging in there. Way to go on turning down the ice cream! Double way to go on staying consistent with your exercise program. Once you get past a few weeks, I think it gets easier to keep it up - I hope you have found that to be true.

Carla - I'm glad to hear that your tunny is feeling better and you've had a few good days. As for the gardening bug, I hope you are still planning on coming to New York for the Judy & Tony tomato sandwich fest (I hope we'll have a good year but with the drought, I don't know). The day turned out to be long but Tony had dinner ready when I got home and I did relax and even got to bed on the early side.

Karen C - LOL - Rub away - I'm more than happy to share my motivation! Good for you for adjusting your dinner in the light of a high point lunch - that's a really important skill to have learned - I think that's another thing that "naturally thin" people do automatically. Sorry to hear about your sneak peek.

I had an OK day yesterday - it was long but it didn't seem to affect my eating - that's a real improvement. I had the second half of my sandwich on the way home so I wasn't starving when I got home and Tony had dinner ready. Given that it was a later dinner than usual and I went to bed earlier than usual, my snacking was very controlled. I also walked from work to the train station on the way home so I managed to get in an exercise day too. I didn't do any knitting 'cause I wanted to give my shoulder a rest - it feels a lot better today - I think my mistake was knitting on the same day as Pt - a bit too much for one day. I hope to be able to knit some tonight.

Have a great Water Logged Wednesday!
Judy
Old 04-24-2002, 12:50 PM   #15  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning Everyone!

Pat - happy belated birthday to you! Hope you had a great day. It sounds like you're doing more than just hanging in there - you're a model of willpower and dedication these days. Way to go on getting all that exercise in, and for passing up ice cream!

Angie - WOOHOO on your loss, and for reaching the 20lb milestone! You're doing just great!

Carla - glad to hear you're feeling better, and great that you were able to incorporate the pizza into your points! Here's to a great weigh in for you today.

Judy - yay for your controlled snacking yesterday. No idea why my snack attack/binge got triggered the other day. I had breakfast and lunch plus an afternoon snack. Nothing particularly stressful happened either. I have some healthy nibblies tucked away. The cookies had been sitting there for months untouched ... anyway the rest of the box is in the garbage.

Karen C - thanks for the hand back up on the wagon! Good thing you do live in Florida, you'd have foot rot if you tried living up here with your shoes!

Today I had a maintain on the scale. Recently my losses have been every second week. Yesterday was a good day for me. The manicure/pedicure was to die for, and the moss baskets look great. I did a 30 minute random hill climb on the treadmill yesterday. Eating was good too. I really have to get out and grocery shop tonight, the fridge and cupboards are bare, it's kind of hard to eat well when there's nothing healthy to eat!

Have a great day!

Karen B.
Closed Thread