Old 10-12-2008, 11:36 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Default At home support Oct 12-18 time flies

Well chickies,
Thought I would start a thread this week on how fast time seems to fly! I am looking ahead and Thanksgiving will be here before me know it, then Christmas....not to mention halloween with all the little candy monsters running around LOL.

I am trying hard to stay positive each week and I think for the most part I have gone above my expectations (who am I going to complain too that really wants to hear???? duh)

I am down 2lbs from last weigh in which is great! but as I monitored it last week those 2 came off the day after weigh in so I was a bit bummed that I did not get one more pound out..the scale was wobbling between 159 and 160 so I did take the higher of the two.

You know how you have that closest full of big clothes, med sized and small then there is the size you really want that has not seen space since you were a baby? Well I can offically say I am able to get into most of my med sized clothes and the big ones still fit but are getting pretty baggie but wearable. Anyway my point is I have always hung onto my bigger clothes--just in case--and of course have always had to use them. This time around I want to be able to get rid of them but I have this fear I will need them again because I have so many times in the past.

How do you handle this?
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Nancy - Thanks for starting this weeks thread!

As for the clothes, I went through a MAJOR closet purge about 6 months ago - I gave away almost everything that didn't fit. I did keep a few things here and there that were the next size smaller "just in case". Now, I've lost weight and can fit into those "just in case" pants!

My "big" clothes still are wearable, so I will clontinue to do so until they are falling off. Once they are, I may save a pair or 2 of pants, but I am giving everything else away. That way there is not a wardrobe to fall back into. If my current size - whatever that may end up being - begins to get tight, I will know that I should watch what I'm eating better.

When I started this, I vowed that I would never be this size or weight again. I feel like I have found a program that will help me do that, and tht I can stick to for life.

Weigh in is tomorrow for me - I think I have dropped 2-3 pounds so we'll see!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:49 PM   #3  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

well tommorrow is my first official day, still struggling with the menu and all but hope it all goes well.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 PM   #4  
Work in Progress

texs thanks for the insight on the clothes, I know to make this stick this time I really must make lifestyle changes and that includes giving up those clothes as I need to. It is just so hard to give up that 'security blanket'

You are doing so awsome with your weight loss-- so consistant!

me I know you will do fine! as for menus what I found worked for me was find recipes on this forum that were similar to my other eating habits ie pizza then using them instead of the 'fatter' choices and it is working
Old 10-13-2008, 07:22 AM   #5  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancylmrn View Post
me I know you will do fine! as for menus what I found worked for me was find recipes on this forum that were similar to my other eating habits ie pizza then using them instead of the 'fatter' choices and it is working
yeah i'm up kinda early with getting daughter off to school so i'm searching for breakfast ideas, decided i need to make menus then shop instead of the other way around.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #6  

Nancy - I think I have been so consistant because I have so much to lose. I'm sure that there will be a point that my body begins to slow down, but for now, I'm letting it let go of what it wants to!

I think the hardest part of WW and dieting for me was that I felt that I had to drastically change my lifestyle and eating habits. I always thought that I had to say goodbye to things I LOVED - like french fries, cheesecake, and godiva chocolate. I'm now learning, I can still have all of these things, just either prepared differently or in moderation. At times, it's funny to me that it took me all these years to learn this when I should have known it all along!

Me - I had the same issues with my menu when I started WW. Just head to the grocery store with your calculator. You will soon find many items that are good point range substitues for yor old favorites. Also if you are ver wanting to see what others are buying, post here! We'll definately help you out! One of my favorite sites for menu ideas is Greenlitebites.com She has great WW point recipes that are easy, quick, and family friendly!

Hope you all are haveing a great week! Off to exercise!

Last edited by texscrapper; 10-13-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

good morning all!

How did everyone do over the weekend? for me I ate all my flex pts but that was planned, lol.. My FIRM workout system came in saturday so I'm hoping after work today to get on it in addition to my treadmill each day

As for clothes, I do the same, once I start outgrowing them I bag them up and save them for a yardsale, the money I make off them go towards new smaller clothes! I can't wait to do that again.. I'm in a 11/12 right now and I hate it but hopefully by thanksgiving I will be a size smaller

Texas, that is one thing about ww I've always loved too, that I didn't have to give anything up! In fact I enjoyed a big mac and large fries this weekend with my flex pts! tell me what other diet allows that?! LOL! I can't wait to hear about your wi today!

me, the menu isn't too hard to get used to. What do you normally like for breakfast and other meals? well you can take that and just modify it to be less pts Like if you like eggs and toast for breakfast, try some eggbeaters (the southwest kind is really good) and some low calorie bread I have wonder bread that is 1 pt for 2 slices and the eggbeaters are 1 pt per serving (and a serving is considered one egg, 1/4 cup) so I can have two of those and two slices of toast for 3 pts! and it's filling! my favorite breakfast is the eggbeaters and two or 3 corn tortillas and I make mini breakfast burritos which are sooo filling! but you'll find things you like

Nancy congrats on the 2 lbs gone!!!

Well I better get the kids off to school and daycare, I'll check back in this evening
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #8  
Work in Progress

One of my favorite breakfast menu items...2 low carb/low calorie sm tortilla 0pts, stuffed with 2 egg beaters 2pt, one slice of candian bacon each 1pt and a tablespoon or so of hash browns cooked without oil 1pt....for a total of 4 pts and it is very filling...just an fyi after filling the torilla toast it in the pan much better! They are also good meals on the go
Old 10-13-2008, 06:40 PM   #9  

Nancy you must tell me what brand tortilla that is! zero pts? that is a great find!

Last edited by spryng; 10-13-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #10  
Work in Progress

They are made from LaTortilla Facotry-Smart & Delicious (that is what it says on the package)
10 gourmet Tortillas, 50 cal each, 2g fat, 7g fiber and when I use my ww calculator it comes out to 0pts.
But you really need to toast them or it is kinda like eating wet bread. The taste is good just the texture
Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #11  

Morning all! I may be in and out sporadically this week - we are in the midst of last minute prep for my sons elementary school carnival! We have been planing since Jan and it is finally happening this weekend! What a relief when Sun comes around. Our goal this year is $40,000 so we are hoping to have a massive event!

I was down anothe 2 lbs when I weighed in yesterday. Just a question - do you guys measure yourself as well as weigh in? I have been measuring the 1st of each month, but wondered if I should continue doing it.

I'm also looking for more in home exercise videos - please pass on any good titles that you know of. I am currently doing Walk Away the Pounds - which I LOVE - but wanted to try something new.

Hope you all have an OP week!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Nancy~ I am so with you...I've set my Christamas goal at 11 lbs,that's more realistic for me,especially with "THE HOLIDAYS" coming up,and boy do I dread it.....but I think if we all lean on eachother really hard we can do it....I think for Halloween though I'm going to have my mouth wired shut,just to be on the safe side!!LOL!! Thanksgiving is doable,I can get around all of that.but a 22 month old and a bag of candy......sends shivers up and down my spine.
Anyway speaking of my 22 month old(actually 22 months on 11/2) I think he just raided his diaper bag and pulled out all of his wipes.. story of all my days when I'm not working!!LOL!!!
Well I guess I'll split and talk later!!!
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/184.5/150

Glad to see that everyone is doing pretty well and feeling motivated!
Nancy, I hear you on the clothes thing. I wish I could just get rid of the bigger ones, but I'm planning to have 2-3 more kids, so I know I'll need some of them on the way up and down from pregnancy at some point. Sigh. Before when I lost 40 lbs (before marriage and kids) I got RID of almost all that stuff! It was awesome! I actually cut a lot of my jeans up and turned them into a quilt. That was cool.
Doing okay. Much better than I could ever expect after 4 days of traveling (to my sister's wedding) and eating TERRIBLY. I guess I was on the go enough that the food didn't completely sabotage me. Didn't even pretend to count points most of this last week, but I am at 170.4 today. Yay! So motivating to keep watching what I eat and not let all the yummy holiday food that's coming sabotage me. Halloween candy starts tomorrow for us, as we have our first trick-or-treat event at DH's school... Stay strong everyone!
ctrsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:18 PM   #14  
Work in Progress

Yesterday was a good day for me, I stayed within my points and today I am sure I will be fine.

I will be here off and on for the next few days, I am going to be out with surgery and an overnight hosp stay so getting on here to post may not be realistic but I will catch up. I am worried about staying on track while I re-cooporate. Not eating the right foods and grabing what ever is handy because I am hungry and cooking might seem a stretch for me.

if you have any DH menu's that can be fixed and reheated I would love to pass them on.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #15  

Afternoon all!

Nancy I hope your surgery is just for something minor! please get well fast! Thanks for the info on those tortillas! so one is zero pts and two would be 1 pt, what a great find! thanks for sharing!

Sara, it's nice to see someone else who likes large families! I tell my husband constantly that if we win the lottery I'm gonna have many more babies, lol..

Shelby, I agree, if we really lean on each other and get on here daily to be accountable we'll survive this holiday season without much damage!

Texas, congrats on the 2lbs!!!! and have fun with that carnival! I have tons of workout dvd's but some of my faves are The Firm and those 10 min ones, I especially like the pilates one. It really shapes and trims your waistline and they are relatively easy to do.

Well my day today has gone really well. Just finished up beef stew for dinner and I'm at my 20 pts for today. I did do my treadmill for 20 min as well. So it's been a great OP day!