At Home Support Group...4/27 to 5/3

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Morning....
    I did my weigh in this morning....down a pound although it was cutting it close...I finally realized that I just need to buckle down and stick to the plan other wise I'm going to be severly disappointed.

Welcome everyone, I've found that 3FC has kept me motivated and honest with my weigh-ins not to mention accountable. Before I started the community I didn't really have anyone to be accountable to except for myself and we all know how that can go.

Keep up the good work and take one day at a time, I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing.
  • HI EVERYONE!!!!!! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME! It was so exciting to get back from vacation and see all the new faces!

mom2 - Thanks & I knew you would keep it going!

Briana - Hi! That 1# is good! Also, that was very nice what you told the new members! It's so true!

julie, jennifer, jana & melisa - hello & welcome to the thread! It's so fun and "warm" here! I see that you girls figured out the ticker info. User cp will appear after the 30 days. Then, like mom2 said, click on one of ours and it will take you to ticker.com! The nice thing that they have done now, is, when you go in to change your numbers, after you click finish - it automatically sends it here and you don't have to copy and paste anything anywhere. It's so much nicer.

Well I have to scoot but I wanted to check in and say hi to everyone! I just came home from a mini vacation!
    Hugs ~
    jeanne
  • Jennifer,

I am new at this also(week 1 for me), with little will power, but I am going to work on that.

I am doing the At Home program because I live way out in the country- I would have to drive 45 miles one way for the closest meeting. With Gas prices and only having a driving a truck to drive- I can not afford that.

I ordered the Deluxe set which is a lot of good information. I had to get the information because I had no idea what WW was or how to be on it. I am already slacking on writing down everything I eat. I get my main meals down, but when I take a bit or two of my daughter's food I do not get it written down.

Here is a quick overview:
    I am doing the Flex Plan - so you calculate- how many points you get a day, I have 24 points ( my husband has 38 point- not fair) Everything you eat has a point value, then you record everything you eat.

You could also do what is called the Core Plan, then you can eat anything on a list without tracking each thing.

The at home kit also talks about the activity points. -which is you exercise.

One of the things in the At Home Guide book I am finding very helpful is the "tools for living" section. This section gives you a set of tools to use to help you stay positive, motivated and on track. It has some exercises to step through that make you look at your internal behaviors, thoughts and feelings.

Jennifer- I hopes this helps. I need support and relying on this thread for it.

Thanks everyone - for the information about the ticker- I guess I have to wait to get a cool little ticker like everyone else

Julie
  • Thanks Lissa!

Good weigh in Briana, a pound is a pound is a pound, and a pound lost is better than a pound gained, right?!?!!?

JEANNE!!!!! Girl, we've missed you! Where did you go? What did you do? Did you have fun?

I made a new recipe tonight and it was a bust. It was "Light Chicken Stroganoff" and it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great. It was, however, only 9 POINTS for a huge serving and I was stuffed after I ate it. I made chicken pasta salad last night and it was wonderful also for 9 POINTS. I should have just made that again. I have a question...what do you make that your family will eat that doesn't "hog" your POINTS? I'm so sick of grilled chicken and a baked potato! Or, I make something that they like and eat a teeny tiny portion. I need some ideas! I'm off to browse for some recipes, but if anyone has something that you've made and you like, let me know!
  • Receipes...
    I bought several cook books from WW they were like $6 a piece but well worth it. I've made tacos, sloppy joes, pizza, etc... I'll have to copy the receipes and give them to you. If you're looking for something specific let me know and I'll check my books to see if I have it.

• briana- way to go on your weight loss. your goal is similar to mine.

i am down 2 lbs this week.
  • Good weigh in Jean!
  • Hey ladies. I've been off plan and not journaling its been a frustrating few days. I can't wait until those rebate checks get out I need to do some catching up and stock up the kitchen with healthy foods.

I keep peeking at the scale. Bad, I know but its GOOD right now. I have been weighing in on Mondays the last couple months. So I'll see what the official loss(hoping still loss) is Monday morning. I've been slacking on exercise. I dunno why, I have stuff I can do here and I could go to the track but its TOM for me right now and I always get wiped out feeling really tired and blah. So its even better that its TOM and I'm still showing down. I have to get on a good sleep schedule for getting up to go to the gym in mornings next week. I do better when I plan for the gym in mornings. My mom is my only sitter and she sleeps during the day(works nights) usually so unless its something important I don't bother her to watch my daughter. Mornings she is up for awhile before heading to bed so if I get up early enough I can go while my daughter is sleeping and my mom will be here to get her breakfast if she wakes. I'm just not going to let myself fall off track. I have to lose this weight.

Way to go ladies on the losses.

Julie,
    I'll be awaiting my ticker approval with you.
  • Hello ladies and thank you very much for all of the insights and advice and everything else.

So far I have not decided what type of "plan" I want to do. I think WW will be the best option for me, but I am still checking out other plans. My insurance will pay for WW (up to a certain amount) so that is the main reason I am thinking of doing WW. HOwever, they also pay for nutrition counseling (which I SO need - I have no idea how to "eat healthy") and they also pay for a hospital sponsered program. So I am just checking out the different places to see which one suites me best. I like that WW has an at home program. My work schedule is usually normal (9-5) but then there are times when trials are coming up (I'm a paralegal) and I have to put in massive amounts of overtime and therefore would not have the time to go to a meeting. I Think I am going to do nutrition counseling to get me started and then start on WW.

But again, I would like to thank all of you for your help and support. Just hearing your stories, is really helping me and motivating me to make changes for myself. So thank you again!

-Jennifer
  • *******STOP********

Please join us on the new thread for 5/4 to 5/11