Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 08:53 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 1/28 - 2/3

Starting the topic. Be right back
Old 01-28-2002, 09:07 AM   #2  

Good morning all. I had a good weigh in on Saturday, down 0.8 pound. Of course, I would have liked it to be a whole pound but I'm not complaining. This is the first time I had three losses in a row since, well, since I don't know when. We had a good dinner at the Chinese restaurant with my parents. I did OK point-wise but I think I should have had the ice cream for dessert (as eveyone else did) because I did snack a little too much later in the evening. It didn't leave me much for breakfast and lunch yesterday so I probably ended the week with a little deficit but that's water under the bridge now. I got TOM on Saturday so forget my sneak peek yesterday - between that and the Chinese food it was ridiculous.

I'm fighting off a cold so I took yesterday as a rest day. I have PT later (which I count as a strength workout - it's tough!) though and depending on how I feel, I may get on the treadmill for a little bit after work.

Thanks for the news on Suzanne, Carla. I'm off to give 3FC's my support too - I think the last time I did was sometime last year.

Have a great week,
Judy
163.6/156.8/135
Old 01-28-2002, 10:27 AM   #3  

Good Morning!

Judy-Great job on the loss! Sorry you are not feeling well, hope you feel better soon.

I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine ended pretty good when the Patriots won the game! GO PATS!! I would appreciate any ideas on low point snacks to put out on Sunday besides veggies.

I am going to weigh in at lunchtime today. TOM is here but I will not blow it off again this week. I missed one because of vacation and the next one because work was too busy to escape last Monday being the first day back at work.

I will be back later, have a great day!
Old 01-28-2002, 12:36 PM   #4  

Hi, back again!

Judy-I am joining you with the small losses, I lost .2 this week. I will take it though, considering the cruise and TOM.

I hope all is well with everyone. It is almost 60 degrees here today, what a beautiful day. Certainly don't want to be here at work
Old 01-28-2002, 01:02 PM   #5  

Judy and Michele, congrats on your losses. I feel any loss with TOM is a success and it should be magnified, so you'll both have bigger losses next week.

Vegas - I had a wonderful time! Won lots of money and gave it back, it was so much fun. We don't eat much in Vegas, only once of twice a day, so even though I did splurge once or twice, sneak peak looks good. Also, had a deep conditioning and shampoo and dry, just a bit of pampering. Mumsy is not doing well, so I'm trying to spend as much time as I can with her. I hope we'll be able to do Vegas again because she so enjoys it. Like Michele and Carla, I had the most horrible experiences at the airports and on one of the planes. I hate flying these days.

I'm back OP and hope to report a loss on Wednesday.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:54 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Judy - Congratulations not only on your loss this week, but at three losses in a row. You're on a great trend. I hope that your cold stays at a low roar and that you're feeling better soon.

Michele - Congratulations on your loss. In the face of your cruise and TOM, that's terrific! I have a taco dip recipe that I love that I've made more WW friendly by substituting non-fat products:

Mix together 2 8oz packages fat free cream cheese, with 8oz of fat free sour cream and 1 package taco seasoning mix. Spread in a pie plate and top shredded fat free or 2% chedder cheese and then top with diced tomatoes and whatever else you might like. I add jalpenos on top and sometimes black olives. I think I figured out the points on MasterCook once and will try to remember to look them up tonight. Even if you're not fond of ff cream cheese and sour cream, you really can't taste them in this recipe. I make it all the time without announcing that it's low fat and everyone eats it up.

Karen C. - Glad to hear you had a good time in Vegas. Sorry to hear that you had horrible airport/airplance experiences. Sounds lke you did a great job, food-wise, and your scale is sure to reward you!

I had an ok weekend. Didn't pay strict attention to points and didn't journal (I MUST work on this), but I did notice that I can't eat nearly as much as I used to, stopped myself way before I got the over-stuffed feeling, and didn't let a poor choice or two through me into a binge. So I'm making some progress. At any rate, even though I'm still in PMS mode (I hate peri-menopause), my sneak peeks have been encouraging, especially compared to the sneak peeks from earlier this week (the ones that convinced me to stay off the scale on weigh-in day). I have to go out of town again on Wednesday (and I'm NOT flying ATA) for another business meeting. So I'll have quite a few meals to contend with, but I'm determined to try my very best and not let anything like bad airport experiences or a bad attitude about work, stand in my way.

Talk to you all later.

Carla
Old 01-28-2002, 09:21 PM   #7  
Canadian, eh?

Hey everybody!

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. It's beautiful here, we got about 10" of snow yesterday, and today is absolutely gorgeous.

Judy, congrats on your loss (see, spitting helps!) this week! And for the third consecutive week of being a loser! Hope your cold clears up soon. It's miserable when you're not feeling good.

Michele, congrats to you too on posting a loss, however small. After your cruise, a net loss this week is a major victory!!! My favorite appy for casual company is: take a tortilla, spread with fat free cream cheese, spread the cream cheese with a little salsa (not too much or it'll get soggy) Take a green onion (I think you call them scallions), put it at the edge of the tortilla, then roll the whole thing up snugly so you have a tube shape with the onion in the centre. Wrap it up snugly in saran wrap and refrigerate for a few hours, then take it out and slice into about 3/4" slices. They are to die for, and everyone will think you're a genius. I usually do seven or eight and put them on a platter.

Karen C, welcome back from Vegas. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I've never had the pleasure yet, but one day I'll get there! My friend has been 27 times! I'll be pulling for you Wednesday.

Carla, way to go on not letting the poorer choices turn into a feeding frenzy. You sound totally aware of what's going on with your eating. Journalling has always been a tough thing for me too. I find that now that I'm doing it electronically, I'm much more faithful. Not a morsel has touched my lips since January 3 that hasn't been documented. Hope you're next trip goes better than the last!

I'm not expecting a loss tomorrow, my sneak peaks have been a little pathetic. I know there'll be plateaus...Mike has been dieting along with me since January 6th, he's been eating well, and has lost 20 lbs this month...must be nice to be a man when it comes to losing weight!!!

See you tomorrow...

Karen B.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:13 AM   #8  

Judy - Congratulations on the loss and three in a row. Hope you get rid of the cold soon.

Michele - Congratulations on the loss, especially after the cruise. We joined you with great weather too...70 degrees! Unfortunately winter is supposed to come back tomorrow and freezing rain/snow Wed and Thurs.

Karen C - Glad to hear you had a great time in Vegas and are back OP.

Carla - Good idea to focus on the progress you are making. I hate peri-menopause too! TOM is coming more often so that means PMS cravings more often...yuck.

Karen B - Tell Mike congratulations from us. It sure would be nice to lose like a man. All Darrell has to do is cut down on the junk food a little and he loses. Sounds like you are doing great with the journalling. That has been hard for me lately.

I had a pretty good weekend...a lot better than I have been. I didn't even snack my way through the Rams game. I got in a short weight workout before work this morning.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Old 01-29-2002, 08:49 AM   #9  

Hi all - I'm in a class (at the office) for most of the day today and tomorrow so I don't know how much I'll be able to read and post. I hope to catch up later but I don't know how much time I'll have. I had a good day yesterday - walked at an incline on the treadmill, had PT and even got in a little yoga. Foodwise was OK too.

Hope to "speak" to you later,
Judy
Old 01-29-2002, 09:13 AM   #10  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Pat and Judy, great job in exercising and eating well yesterday!! I was lazy when I got home, at just sat around. Not today, though. I have a date with the treadmill as soon as I get home this afternoon.

The scale didn't let me down this morning, bless its little heart! Even though I was expecting a maintain or worse, I lost a pound!

Will check in later...

Karen B
Old 01-29-2002, 09:21 AM   #11  

Good Morning! Today is feeling like a great day so far, hope it stays this way.

Judy-Enjoy the class, great job on the workouts.

Pat-I hope I can make it through the Pats game this weekend without too much snacking, but I am not sure if I can route on the home team without buffalo wings We are expecting crummy weather on Friday, you must be sending it our way.

Karen-those wraps sound great, I will try them, thanks. I know what you mean about men losing weight quick, when Steve puts his mind to it he drops no problem, just has to cut out sweets.

Carla-your idea sounds great too. Maybe I can make it through the game without those wings afterall. Good luck on your trip, I am sending good thoughts to you for the airport and the meals.

Karen-Glad you enjoyed Vegas and the time with your mother. The airport really is a horrible experience right now, my boss is talking about a trip to Florida in March/April and that is really causing some mixed emotions about going. That and of course $$!

Things are pretty much same old, same old here. Staying OP and trying to bank a few for the game. Take Bobby to get stiches out today, not much else.

Have a great day.
Old 01-29-2002, 10:19 AM   #12  

It turns out the class isn't starting until 1 pm so I had a little time to catch up.

Michele - Good for you for getting to your meeting and congratulations for losing in light of TOM and the cruise! I'll have to see if I can come up with low point snacks for Sunday for you. The one thing that comes to mind is lf popcorn - 2 pts for the whole bag.

Karen C - I'm glad you had a good time in Vegas - winning money and giving it back - that sort of sums it up, doesn't it? I'm glad you got to pamper yourself too. I'm sure your mom really appreciates what you are doing - I hope she's doing better soon. Way to go on those good sneak peeks!

Carla - Sorry to hear that you have another trip this week. Good for you for not stuffing this weekend and not giving into the "oh well, I blew it so I may as well dive in" attitude. I agree about trying to journal - it's key not only for the present but also to look back on for trends, ideas, etc. That recipe looks yummy - do you just put the stuff in the pie plate or do you microwave it?

Karen B - that appy sounds yummy. Sorry to hear that your sneak peeks haven't been great but keep going! The only way we won't get to our goal is if we give it. Yes, men always seem to have an easier time losing - not fair, is it? Way to go on losing that pound!

Pat - I'm so glad to hear you had a good weekend - first time in a long while, isn't it? Way to go on not snacking through the football game - I hope you gave yourself a pat on the back - especially with all the commercials! You are really doing well with the weights too!
Old 01-29-2002, 02:12 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone

Karen B. - Hmmm. Maybe I should give electronic journaling a whirl. See, you can't trust thosesneak peeks. Congrats on your loss! I so envy men their ability to lose weight quickly. I've had appetizers similar to what you've suggested to Michele. They're really good.

Pat - A huge pat on the back for having a good weekend and a huger one for not snacking through the Rams game! I was cheering on the Rams, that's for sure. The enemy of my enemy, and all that. But since we have both a Rams and a Pats fan on this thread, I shall remain neutral for the Super Bowl.

Michele - Thanks for the good thoughts. We're expecting freezing rain tonight and snow or freezing rain for tomorrow, so I have a sick feeling I may be spending some more quality time in the airport. Morningstar Farms makes Buffalo "Chicken Wings" (the meatless variety). I've had them and they're pretty darn good and something like 3 points for 5, if memory serves correctly.

Judy - Nope, no cooking. Just put the cream cheese/sour cream mixture in the pie plate and top with the tomato, cheese and whatever. Couldn't be simpler. Good job getting in all that exercise yesterday.

I had a good day yesterday. Ate at minimum points and hope to do so today to build up a bit of a cushion. My sneak peek has me up a smidge from 2 weeks ago, but TOM just started so we'll see what tomorrow brings. I won't be back on until Friday afternoon at the earliest. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Carla
Old 01-29-2002, 02:52 PM   #14  

Carla, hope your trip goes well and is uneventful, at the airport anyway.

Judy, good luck with the meeting. Congrats on all the exercise, you must be feeling a lot better, good for you!

Michele, yes flying has become quite a deterrent to traveling, we're suffering here in Florida from the lack of tourists. Finally had a chance to check out your photos from the cruise and WOW you look terrific!

Pat, good for you for resisting the munchies! Keep it up!

Karen B, congrats on your loss!

I've had a miserable two days, I guess the post vacation blues have set in. I'm doing okay foodwise and have been exercising, just feeling blah, plus a two day headache. I'm not in the mood to go to yoga class so will skip it. Hope you all have a great evening.
Old 01-30-2002, 12:11 AM   #15  

Judy - Good job getting in all the exercise. Yeah, it was the best weekend I've had in quite a while. Actually I have trouble sitting down to watch the Rams games when they are close. It just seems like every time I sit down to watch this year something bad happens. I go into the other room to play on the computer and just listen to the T.V. so I don't even see the food commercials.

Karen B - Way to go on the loss...especially nice when you aren't expecting it.

Michele - Sending you positive vibes...you can watch the game without buffalo wings. I'm not getting any snacks for the game since it will probably be just Darrell and me. My MIL sometimes has us over for Super Bowl, but not when the Rams are playing. They are season ticket holders and nothing can interfere with watching the game.

Carla - Hope your trip goes smoothly this time and the bad weather misses you.

Karen C - Hope you feel better soon. It sure can be hard getting back into the post vacation routine.

I'm a few points over today since Darrell and I went out to dinner, but am feeling much more control. I'm feeling a little sore from the weight workouts, but it feels good to know that I'm finally doing some exercise.

Talk to you tomorrow.
Pat
Closed Thread