WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 01-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #61  
ready to be healthy!

S/C/G: 290/264/170

Height: 5*4

these tips are GREAT!!!! thanks so much!
nikkic718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:08 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 185.2/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Fiber One vanilla yogurt.. 0 points for 1 container... add a cup of sliced strawberries and its a filling, healthy snack for 1 point!
Amandanrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 04:05 PM   #63  

These are great lists.
I have to say my favorite at work/desk snack is the 45 Pretzel Sticks, 2 points.
45 is a lot of pretzels.
And when i'm sitting at my desk working away either up to lunch or late afternoon, those are great for munching on.
I like to add to my breakfast a packed in water, fruit cup (think its dole) 0 points.
jesi74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:19 AM   #64  

Thank you!

Eddy's Strawberry Fruit Bar =1 point
mojojojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:55 PM   #65  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Great thread, there are a lot of wonderful ideas on here!

I would like to add:

- Fiber One 90 Calorie Bars: Just 1 Point and they come in Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chocolate!

- Dairy Queen Fudge Bars: 0 Points!!! Really, just 0 Points and very chocolatey, creamy, delicious! They are the sugar free, fat free ones. They have Orange Cream Bars that are supposed to be 0 Points and good as well, just haven't tried them!

- Jolly Time 1 Point popcorn, of course!

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! Looking forward to trying the caramel corn recipe on here! YUMMY!
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:34 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 162/147/145

Height: 5'7"

Popsicle brand sugar-free popsicles are 0 points. 15 calories a piece. Of course, eat 3 of them, and it's 1 point. But usually 1 or 2 is enough to fill you up for dessert.
GeneralCustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #67  

Great lists. Thanks!
CindyWal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 03:48 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 198/193/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Great ideas -

I'd like to add Vitatops. I order them online and keep them in the freezer. I find the chocolate ones to be just the thing when a craving hits. They are 1 point and so good. You can dress them up with cool whip, fruit, fat free ice cream - just make sure to add the points for the extras.
Oldiebutgoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:57 AM   #69  

Thanks bunches for this list.
auntj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #70  
Less of a Better Me

auntj -- Great list but remember those points are in many cases quite different now. Some of those snacks are still good but are not as low in points any more.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:00 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 176/175/145

Height: 5'1"

I would rather eat as much as I can for the least amount of points so I try to find as many 0-2 point snacks as I can. If you are using the old way to calculate points, which I still do, I have these as a few of my all time faves:

I know they've been mentioned but the FiberOne 90 cal bars are to die for and 1 point

Vitatops (also previously mentioned) are my all time fave chocolate item, also only 1 point

Most "crab sticks" in the seafood section come out to 1 point each, I have found a couple brands that are 2 points for 3 sticks. I like to slice them up and heat them with a little spray butter and garlic and what a great meal like snack. If you like sushi, cut up a sheet of nori (seaweed) and sprinkle on top, it ads nothing point wise because it is only 10 cal

FF sour cream mixed with a little bit of dip mix (powdered) is between 0-1 point depending on how much you have and with veggies

My fake icecream (even my daughter loves this) take 4 tbs of frozen fat free whip topping and put it in a cake cone for one icecream cone it is 0 point, if you have 2 cones it is 1 point

I love popcorn so I use the 94% fat free sprayed once or twice with 0 cal spray butter and then add either of the following and it is 1 point for the whole bag:
1-2 tsp of powdered ranch dressing, spicy ranch dressing, italian dressing, hollandase sauce, taco seasoning, spagetti seasoning, spinach dip mix, veggie dip mix, etc (I try just about anything in the sauce aisle that is powdered and 5-10 cal a tsp and I have been amazed on how great they all taste)
or Land of Lakes potato seasoning sprinkles (parmasean herb, ranch, etc)
or Kernel Seasons popcorn sprinkles (comes in so many flavors sweet and savory)
or powdered chicken bullion (this is a real fave of mine, I just love the way it tasted)

2 point snack...Thomas Better Start english muffin toasted (1 point), spray butter, sliced mushrooms (if you like, 0 pts), and a slice of ff kraft sharp cheddar cheese on each one (1 point for the 2 slices...in where you find the american cheese) I sometimes fry up an egg white with pam cooking spray and that is another 0 points This is a fave breakfast or anytime snack of mine

Oh and the Walden Farms stuff (you can buy online or some stuff at Walmart) is okay in small quantities (or the taste can be pretty bad) but they are all 0 points no matter how much you have because they are 0 cal. I actually like the ranch salad dressing but in very small amounts
mommaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:56 AM   #72  

Koshka, thanks for the reminder. I will remember that.
auntj is offline   Reply With Quote