WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 08:41 PM   #1  
Tired of lettuce!

Height: 6 flippin' feet tall!

Default WW and carbs

Hi! I recently posted some questions I had about WW and you all were great in helping me. One thing I've noticed, is that WW dieters can have a lot of carbs. I know that not all carbs are bad, but I thought stuff like bananas, potatos, etc made it harder to lose weight. Am I sadly misinformed? I love eating my fiber one cereal, which is low in points, and my daily apple. Is stuff like that okay? The recipes I'm seeing look delicious and made me curious. I guess it's confusing for me because my mom does low carb.

One more question, and I'll stop bugging you guys--I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and can not have artificial sweeteners like splenda, equal, nutrasweet, etc. Can I still find sweet stuff to eat on WW? I love fruit and don't really crave sugary stuff anyway. I just don't want to be stuck with a diet that depends on artificial sweeteners that make me really sick.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodj0080
Hi! I recently posted some questions I had about WW and you all were great in helping me. One thing I've noticed, is that WW dieters can have a lot of carbs. I know that not all carbs are bad, but I thought stuff like bananas, potatos, etc made it harder to lose weight. Am I sadly misinformed?
Unless there is a medical reason these are 'good carbs' AND do not prohibit or make weight loss harder.

Quote:
I love eating my fiber one cereal, which is low in points, and my daily apple. Is stuff like that okay? The recipes I'm seeing look delicious and made me curious. I guess it's confusing for me because my mom does low carb.
Weight loss needed or shouldn't bar or limit any food group. Low carb is NOT W/W. Weight watchers program allows you to have what you want in moderation and lose.

Quote:
One more question, and I'll stop bugging you guys--I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome and can not have artificial sweeteners like splenda, equal, nutrasweet, etc. Can I still find sweet stuff to eat on WW? I love fruit and don't really crave sugary stuff anyway. I just don't want to be stuck with a diet that depends on artificial sweeteners that make me really sick.
W/W doesn't promote or omit any sweetener aritifical or otherwise. If you can't have it because of medical reasons then don't eat it. Use the real stuff but allow for the added points because of it. Fruit is by far the best nutritionally wise for sweets.
Closed Thread