WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 12:07 AM   #1  

Default Non cooker with a ?

Which is better to do points or core if your not a cooker? I mean I can like boil water but that's about it I'm going again tommorow. And I know they have both ways of doing it so I wanted an idea of which is the best. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2006, 12:29 AM   #2  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

I think both would have their benefits! But perhaps the core might be a bit better. Lots of raw (or steamed) veggies and simple proteins.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Core is more whole food based cooking in my personal opinion. However it also helps you understand healthy eating.

Flex allows more use of processed foods, dining out without a lot of special requests and helps you with an understanding of portion control however can lead to not eating as healthy.

My personal thought is to combine a bit of both at least for the first week or two. Flex to learn proper portions and core to learn some healthy food choices.

Additionally you don't have to be a 'great' cook on either program....lean meats, canned, frozen and fresh veggies and fruits along with complex carbs are easy with directions to follow to make them. Lean meats can be broiled or grilled easily and quickly.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:05 AM   #4  
Starting fresh!

S/C/G: 281/226/184

Height: 6 feet

Here's my two cents: I like to cook but when I don't have time I will eat WW Smart Ones or Lean Cuisines which if you are doing Points is sooooo easy. WW has the points right on the package and the others are really easy to figure out. Then, you just add some salad or a canned vegetable and you're good to go!
Old 04-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #5  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

I don't cook either, and I use Flex, because it better allows me to have frozen foods, dining out, etc.

I hope to eventually do core, but I *hate* to cook, so that may not happen for a long time. LOL.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #6  

Thanks for the replies I went to my first meeting today. I think I'm gonna do flex but add better foods.
Closed Thread