WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #1  

Default sugar packets

This is my first post (in a very long time). My name is Stacey and I'm 33 years old. When I first joined WW I was 27 (hence my user name!). I'm trying to lose some baby weight (baby will be a year old this month) and I thought I'd do WW again.

I have a free coupon to register for classes but haven't found the time to go to a meeting yet. Better get off my buns and do it before it expires on the 11th.

Anyway, I'm trying to limit my articial sweeteners (don't care for them anyhow) because I'm nursing, so I use real sugar in my coffee every morning. I put 5 packets in my 16 oz cup of coffee (12 oz coffe, 4 oz steamed milk). Can someone tell me how to calculate pts for sugar packets? I'm assuming they are 1 teaspoon each, but not certain.

Thanks so much!!!!

Edited - I had put non-fat milk, but now I'm not so sure it is non-fat!

Last edited by Stacey27; 03-10-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:31 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Well Calorie King is a good source to help as is the data base here on this site.

1 packet is .1 oz and it is 16 cal/0 fat/0 fiber - technically you can have 4 packets for 1 point
Old 03-09-2006, 03:55 PM   #3  

Thank you Kelly.

Just took a look at calorie king...awesome info! Thanks!

Looks like 5 packets is 2 pts. I need to try drinking my coffee with just 4 packets! Or go back to using 6 since it doesn't alter the pts! Hee Hee!
Old 03-09-2006, 04:39 PM   #4  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Hi Stacey

Noticed you are from Arlington - I'm just down the road in Mansfield. Welcome to 3FC and congrats on the baby and good luck with your goal
Old 03-09-2006, 05:51 PM   #5  

Lucky13 Did you ever visit a board called Ultimate Weddings you sort of look like it. But then again it could just be the Dress

Angie
Old 03-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Stacey, What about STEVIA (you can get it at health food stores) it is all natural but then again so is marijuana. There have been no studies to determine if it is 100% safe (like with SPLENDA and NUTRASWEET) and many people like it and use it. I find it has a 'licorice' type taste but not everyone feels that way.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #7  

Kelly, I haven't tried Stevia. I may have to look for it. The funny thing is, I don't mind diet coke or sugar free jello....things like that. But I do not like anything but sugar in my coffee. And I like milk/creamer in it too. I usually spend 3 pts on my coffee every morning. Could be more...using a convenience store machine for the "steamed milk" and counting it as 2 pt for about 4 oz.

Emily, I live practically in your backyard!!! I'm in Mansfield school district but live in Arlington city limits.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Have you tried Splenda in it? My husband who was the same was about sugar in his coffee can't taste a difference but the key was to put it in the cup first then add the coffee rather than after you pour the coffee.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:52 PM   #9  

I've tried it, but didn't care for it. I'll have to try that trick with splenda. Wonder why that would make any difference? Probably just something in the chemical make up!
Old 03-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

Personally I think it is all in his head but it could be that simple. LOL
Old 03-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #11  
onmyway

No, I agree I was a coca cola fiend who never thought I could switch to diet coke but I did with no problem, but I havent been able to compromise my coffee. I can eat Splenda in other things but it really makes my coffee taste different. When I first joined WW, I just stopped drinking coffee because I couldnt alter it, but now I just absorb the points. I will try putting the Splenda in first....but it's definitely not just "in the head".
Closed Thread