WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 09:40 AM   #1  

Default ~ Point Help Needed ~

Good morning all! I am wondering something. I know that butter adds points but I am not sure how to do this.

For dinner last night I made frozen green beans... I beleive it was a 2 pound bag... it was a family size bag. I put 2 tablespoons of butter in the bowl of all of the beans.

How would I count that as points? It was the blue bonnet tub of butter. So I know there is points to it.. I am sure. But I am thinking it is such a tiny bit (once a day) that maybe it don't add up to anything. But I am not sure. What do you think?
Old 10-17-2005, 12:06 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

is it the full fat or the low fat version of Blue Bonnet?

If it is full fat that would be 8 points for 2 tablespoons divided by how many servings you got.

If it is the low fat version it is usually 4 points for 2 tablespoons again divided by how many servings you got.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:37 AM   #3  

Ahh, now that makes since! Thanks! I am going to start counting my butter now. I was not sure how to do it before. Thanks again Kelly. Your to awesome.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:57 AM   #4  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

Tracey,
Have you tried "spray butter"? For 2 Tbs it is only 3 points and adds that butter flavor. Maybe you could try tsp instead of tbs. If you add the liquid butter after they are cooked....it coats them and flavors them. Just a thought.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:44 AM   #5  

I do have the "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter" spray!! That adds up points too? I thought that was 0. I just bought that.. and I keep forgetting to use it lol. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 10-18-2005, 04:58 PM   #6  
kellyjoiii

S/C/G: 225/225/165

Height: 5'7"

actually it does......a while back KellyS put out the tally on THAT one lol. I too was using it w/o calculating points BUT it is MUCH friendlier points wise than the other stuff. A TB is 1.5 a tsp is .5 I think. If you do a search it should come up. Good luck!
and HEY CONGRATS ON THE SMOKING!!!!!! You ROCK!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:17 PM   #7  

Thanks for the congrats! It has been a wild ride lol. But well worth it!

I didn't know about the spray butter. I am going to have to do some searching and reading. I will have to look thru the WW site too! There is probably lots of info. on that in there too. Thanks again for the heads up!
Closed Thread