3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   WW..... Points for splenda plus (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/66825-ww-points-splenda-plus.html)

TMunday 10-14-2005 10:37 PM

WW..... Points for splenda plus

Hi. I am just curious and I thought I would ask. Simply because those who paper journal there points would journal 0 I am sure... but when you journal your points online on ww's website it adds up.

1 packet of splenda is 0 points... but once you hit 4 packets (2 packets per cup of coffee) it is 0.5 points. Same goes for the powdered creamer as well. My creamer would be 0 points.... but after 4 it adds up to.

Does everyone add points for splenda and powdered creamers?

TIA! :)

Kelly_S 10-15-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMunday
1 packet of splenda is 0 points... but once you hit 4 packets (2 packets per cup of coffee) it is 0.5 points.

You are onlying getting 16 calories and under W/W PointCalculators that is still 0 points.

Unless you are over using them or excessively using them most do not. If you use a couple throughout the day it is fine. I received this from the SPLENDA company:

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for visiting the SPLENDA(R) No Calorie Sweetener website. We hope you
became more familiar with SPLENDA(R) No Calorie Sweetener during your visit to
the site.

The caloric and carbohydrate content for SPLENDA(R) Brand Sweetener is as
follows:

SPLENDA(R) Granular
1 tsp = 0.5 gm carb = 2 calories
one half cup = 12 gm carb = 48 calories
1 cup = 24 gm carb = 96 calories

*1 tsp. = 1 serving

Packet of SPLENDA(R)
1 packet = .9 gm of carb = 4 calories

*1 packet has the sweetness of 2 tsp of sugar

Note: Per U.S. labeling laws, anything with less than 5 calories per serving, is
properly labeled as "zero" or no-calorie.

The caloric and carbohydrate content for sugar is as follows:

Sugar
1 tsp = 4 gm of carb= 16 calories
one half cup = 96 gm of carb= 385 calories
1 cup = 192 gm of carb = 770 calories

Note: The calories and carbohydrates in SPLENDA(R) No Calorie Sweetener come
from dextrose and/or maltodextrin, which are added for bulk. Sucralose, the
sweetening ingredient in SPLENDA(R) Brand Sweetener, has no calories and is not
a carbohydrate.

Granular - sucralose, maltodextrin (0.5 gram per serving)
Packets - sucralose, maltodextrin and dextrose (less than 1 gram per packet)

SPLENDA(R) No Calorie Sweetener (sucralose) has no known side effects.
Sucralose can be used by everyone; including people with diabetes, pregnant and
nursing mothers, and children. The safety of SPLENDA(R) Brand Sweetener has been
demonstrated as part of our clearance process with the FDA as well as other
regulatory agencies around the world. There are no warning labels on the
product to exclude anyone from enjoying SPLENDA(R) No Calorie Sweetener.

Kelly Shields
January 3, 2005
Page 2

We value hearing from our consumers. Please feel free to call us with any
additional comments or questions on our toll-free number 1-800-7-SPLENDA
(1-800-777-5363), Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Time.
You may also access our website at www.splenda.com for answers to frequently
asked questions, recipes, cooking and baking tips.

Tracey Ely
SPLENDA Consumer Relationship Center

Kelly_S 10-15-2005 09:42 AM

I don't use creamer but then again it is the same way. Just total up the cal/fat/fiber you use of it then if you think you need to add a point or two. I believe most creamers are higher in cal than the Splenda.

BTW my leader gave me this tip for the zero point freebies (not zero point veggies) to put a small mark or ticmark in your journal and for every 4-5 add 1 point to keep yourself honest.

TMunday 10-15-2005 10:09 AM

Thanks again Kelly! I think I may stop using the creamer again. It is 10 calories a serving. For 4 teasepoons it is 1 point. It costs to much dang money for me anyway! :)

As for the splenda... since I will be drinking black coffee.... maybe 1 packet will do instead of 2! That was very intesting - the letter they sent you! Thanks so much for sharing it.

What do you mean by ticmark? Do you mean... if you eat 4 or 5 free/0 point foods to give yourself 1 point for them? And make a mark on your paper for each one to keep track?

This is my "duhhhhh" time of day haha. Sorry lol. My brain still wants to be sleeping haha.

Kelly_S 10-15-2005 10:48 AM

Yes that is exactly what I mean about tracking them. I usually just put them in my journal and not worry about it...but when I started I did the 4-5 a day = 1 point trick.

TMunday 10-15-2005 11:33 AM

Awesome! I noted that tip in my journal. Thanks Kelly!

One more question... is this only for the 0 point foods in the 0 point food list... or is this also for the other 0 point foods like sugar free jello? I want to make sure I do it all and right! :) Tia!

Kelly_S 10-15-2005 11:51 AM

Other than spices and zero point veggies I did it for.

Sugar free jello (10 cal per 1/2 cup but 2 cups is 40 cal), Cool Whip Free (15 cal per 2 tbsp but 6 tbsp is 45 cal), etc. So if I had Sugar free jello 1 serving and Cool Whip Free 1 serving I would but 2 ticmarks in my journal.

TMunday 10-15-2005 02:11 PM

Awesome example!!! Thank you so much for explaining it this way. Now I know exactly how to do it. :) And I plan on doing it to. :) Thanks a million!