WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #1  

Default a few ?s about gaining....

hello everyone....well i have been at a weight loss plateau for about 2-3 months now, and just recently that has turned to a slow gain!! I have been wracking my brain thinking of possible causes, and one thing I was wondering about is if taking SF metamucil has possibly hindered my weight loss. It is an extra 10g of carbs and 45 cals a day so....what do you all think? IT used to help me tremendously with constipation, but now it really isnt even always helpful. Guess my body is getting used to it. Anyone have any success with anything for constipation??Do you think this could have to do with my weight gain?Thanks for ur help=)
Old 05-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Are you accounting for that 1 point (45 cal)? Are you constipated still (see your doctor if you are)? Constipation can cause a weight gain.

Usually the high fiber eating and making sure I get in 2 fats (and yes they should be healthy fats but I don't always follow taht as long as I get in 2 fats a day) usually takes care of the constipation for me.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  

Maybe you should 1st go back to the drawing board and start measuring everything again and making sure you journal. Look up all the points for everything you do and don't guess about anything. Act as if you've just joined WW. Then, you might want to try rethinking everything else. Ex: If you have been walking for exercise, try swimming or jogging for short periods of time within the walk. If you've been drinking diet sodas, start instead drinking iced green tea. If you haven't been eating leafy greens, start.

At least, that's what has pulled me out of two 6 wk long plateaus! HTH!!!

There are so many ways to improve your diet and exercise regime. Always. Just don't get discouraged!
Old 05-26-2005, 11:12 AM   #4  
CIN

Sunluva
I agree with the advice given.

Sometimes when the "honeymoon" stage is over............we need to truly re-evaluate what we are doing. Are we really being accurate? Are you following the healthy guidelines.especially the fruits veggies water & 2 teaspoons of fat?

Unless something is physically wrong with you..................you should be able to jump of the stand still by checking carefully & track!

Sometimes too.eating some new things instead of the same old food...........changes something for you.

Hope you hang in there..we know it works...............! Good Luck!
Old 06-11-2005, 11:30 AM   #5  

One substitute leader we had one week said if you are on Flex and on a plateau, switch to core for one week. Or try to switch your mind set to week one of program when you were most motivated and measures, journaled, drank water etc....get that feeling back of beng excited and new!
Julie
Closed Thread