WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 08:09 PM   #1  

Question Eating all the Points at One Time

Hi. I'm new to the board and new to WW. I have a quick question that I hope someone can help me with.

I was wondering how bad it is if you eat all or most of your points in one sitting. For example, I ate very light today and had the remainder of my points (17) for dinner. Will this mess up my weight loss?

Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:41 AM   #2  

I think this is okay every once in a while, maybe for a special event or something....but I wouldn't make a habit of it. Everything that I have heard indicates that it is better to spread your points throughout the day. You won't be as hungry during the day, and you will probably feel better too. Since this is supposed to be a healthy lifestyle change I would also be concerned about how good it would be for you to do this frequently.
Hope this helps.....and .......
Old 05-06-2005, 08:24 AM   #3  
Eat well, Live well

I have done this a couple of times, but only for special events, like a banquet or potluck. I saved up my points during the day, knowing that the banquet meal would be big. Each time, I still lost weight that week, but all the other days of the week I stayed on target.

Hint: plan your dinner meals in advance. Aim for 10 points or so, and spread your other points out accross the day. You will probably find yourself more satisfied throughout the day, and find yourself wanting to eat less at dinner.

It took me a while to get good at this, so don't lose heart. My first couple of weeks, I found myself making dinners like I had before WW, and was shocked at how many points my usual dinners were. Now, I have surprised myself with some very delicious and filling low-point dinners. Such as: broiled and spiced chicken breast cut over a huge pile of fresh mixed veggies, with Kraft low-fat Ceaser dressing: 8 points and 3 servings of veggies!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

that happens to me every once in a while too. At first it would happen a lot more but now I feel so full when I eat more than 10-12 points at once. If your body doesn't tell you otherwise, I think its OK once in a while but once your body adjust to the life style change of eating smaller meals, I bet you won't be able to do it and feel good after ward.

unless, they are empty calories, like once I got a salad at a resturaunt and it was basically just a salad w/grilled chicken, not crazy filling, didn't stick with me for the whole day or anything but when I looked it up it was like 14 points and the piece of bread that came with it was like 4. so that sucked and I wasn't even full.
Old 05-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

I am assuming you are talking your TPs and not any added APs and FPs. Well not it doesn't really mess you up but it could lead to a binge eating...more than what you want when you do that and it doesn't keep the metabolism constantly working like if you ate more points throughout the day?
Closed Thread