WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2001, 05:19 AM   #1  

I need some low point sweet ideas. Don't know why, but I have been craving them (could it be the prozac?) Anyway, I would welcome any ideas. Thanks ! Amy
Old 02-16-2001, 06:03 AM   #2  

This may sound a little strange(it did to me at first). First - you have to like pumpkin or pumpkin pie. Someone suggested this at my Weight Watchers meeting and I saw another variation on Dotti's site.

Take one can of Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie), one package of Fat Free-Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Mix, a couple packets of Equal or Sweet N Low or Splenda (whatever you use), cinnamon, and/or pumpkin pie spice. Mix it all up and eat the entire bowl for about 2 points. I usually can't eat all of it, but I count it as 2 anyways.

I like it cold, but the girl at my meeting likes to microwave hers.

I also like to eat "Lemonheads" They are like 60 calories for 10 of them. I'll pop one in my mouth when I want something sweet, and it takes that away, and it makes any chocolate or anything taste really gross.

Good Luck!

------------------
Lisa K.
6/00 - 202
2/01 - 164
St. Paddies Goal -158
Old 02-16-2001, 08:24 PM   #3  

I find that SF hot cocoa does the trick - it has that combination of chocolate and creaminess.
Old 02-16-2001, 09:22 PM   #4  

Mmmm... SF Hot Cocoa is good. 1 pt for the Swiss Miss kind with Marshmallows

------------------
Lisa K.
6/00 - 202
2/01 - 164
St. Paddies Goal -158
Old 02-16-2001, 10:35 PM   #5  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

If you don't mind cooking or baking a bit there are some fabulous recipes on this site as well as WW's and Dottis.
My favorites are the chocolate muffins, the chocolate wacky cake made with baby prunes (don't ask--it's really good!), all the angelfood variations--especially the Lite Cherry Pie Filling one and the crushed pineapple recipe. These all range from 1-3 points a serving.
I happen to LOVE the pumpkin/LF instant pudding mix dessert. I make it every week.
For a NO BAKE sweet, I really like all the varieties of the Just 2 Points WW bars. With a tall glass of water they are filling and help out with that sweet tooth.
Diet Jello with or without fruit, with or without yogurt, with or without Cool Whip (FF)
Hope this helps.
If I'm out, I'll buy a mini Peppermint Pattie for one point. The dark chocolate and the mint work for me. I can't have a bagful in the house, but buying and eating one doesn't throw me off.
Good luck.
Old 02-16-2001, 11:24 PM   #6  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

I really, really hate fat free products, etc. I can't stand the taste of aspertame and the ones with real sugar are way too sweet. So, you won't get go to the store and buy this ideas from me. What I do is to search for easy recipes.

So, I found some cookbooks that have recipes that run the gamut from super simple treats you can make quickly to special occasion recipes that are more complex, but your guests will prefer them to the "real thing".

My favorite is "Chocolate and the Art of Low-Fat Desserts" by Alice Medrich. The lemon bars and Michael's Fudge Brownies are wonderful and easy to make. One lemon bar is 2 points and one brownie is 3 points.

It's not the cheapest cookbook around, but it is the best of the low-fat baking books. One of the best features is the section in the back with the "new basics". They're basic recipes you can combine to create your own low-fat desserts.

One other suggestion--check out the web site for "Cooking Light" magazine cookinglight.com I have their series of annual cookbooks and most of the recipes are available online.

Enjoy!

Lin
Old 02-17-2001, 12:14 AM   #7  

Hard candy! That's what I do--I keep a bag of Hershey's Tasteation chocolate or butterscotch hard candies at my desk. When I get my afternoon sweet craving, I just pop one into my mouth. They're only 10 calories apiece, so they're 'free' unless you eat three, in which case you've used one point.

For evening sweet cravings, I keep Stewart's diet root beer in the house. It tastes lovely and somehow the carbonation makes me feel full. If you don't like root beer, try browsing other diet sodas, like cream soda. Of course, if you don't like aspartame, that won't work.

Also, look in the freezer section of the supermarket; some sorbets are pretty low in points, but be careful, as some are very high. My nightly snack is 1/2 cup of a soy dessert, Simply Delicious Awesome Chocolate. I just scoop out 1/4 of the pint for 2 points. It doesn't taste at all like ice cream, but it's chocolate, so who cares

[This message has been edited by Lenore (edited 02-16-2001).]
Old 02-17-2001, 01:24 AM   #8  

I am a big sucker for chocolate, so I have found that After Eight Dinner Mints are a great solution for me. One mint comes out to about 3/4 point. And I eat it really slowly!

-Kim
Old 02-17-2001, 05:26 AM   #9  

Altoids!

Actually, these are my weapon against any food craving. I love the strong mint flavor, and the flavor in my mouth makes the thought of putting any other taste in my mouth sound gross (kind of like brushing your teeth, then drinking orange juice - yuck!) I go through 2 or 3 tins a week. . . .

I've only been on WW for a few weeks, so who knows how long this trick will work for me, but so far, so good!

Rachel
169/162/130
Old 02-18-2001, 01:23 AM   #10  
Is is spring yet??

How about the WW 2Point Bars? I find them very satisfying and for 2 points you can get a chocolate fix too! They are my favorite

Tara

------------------
[email protected]

Failure is not falling down, failure is staying down!
Old 02-19-2001, 07:20 AM   #11  

I too love sugar free hot cocoa. Every night I eat a See's sucker with my hot cocoa. So yummy and it last quite awhile too. I also love to put f.f. coolwhip on top of some oranges. The coolwhip turns my humdrum fruit into a delicious dessert. I like to eat two caramel viactive candies a day for the extra calcium.
Old 02-19-2001, 10:19 AM   #12  

No Pudge brownies (avail at Trader Joes) topped with Cool Whip Lite are fabulous -- very chocolaty and the CWL takes away any aspartamey flavor. I freeze mine and nuke each about 10 seconds. Two pts for the brownie and I count the entire tub of CWL over 10 days, so it's "free" every time I dip into it, minus a point a day.

Bakers Breakfast chocolate/chocolate chip cookies (available on line) are a little too good. 4 pts for a huge cookie that you really CAN'T eat in one sitting -- especially if you remember to drink your water with one. I eat a half at a time.

WW Just Two Points Chocolate/Peanut Butter are the best -- if you can get them. Milk chocolate is okay, but nothing comes close to the peanut butters.

SlimFast peanut butter and chewy caramel are also filling and delish (make sure the peanut butter is fresh -- it'll really stick to your fillings if it's stale).

Last resort, try a small bowl of Lucky Charms or Cocoa Pebbles -- with or without milk.

[This message has been edited by HospitalWriter (edited 02-18-2001).]
Old 02-19-2001, 10:29 AM   #13  

Hi,

I like the golden grahms cereal bars. If you put it in the micro for 15 sec. it is really gooey and sweet. They have 2 pts. each. Also Rice Krispie treats bars, the carmel chocolate and the double chocolate in the micro, they have 3 pts. each though.
Old 02-20-2001, 02:50 AM   #14  

Hi, there! I had to try the pumpkin and vanilla pudding mixture taht ChrisNJakesMom posted above and I LOVED IT!!!! I re-calculated the points and came up with a total of 4 points for the whole thing -- 2 points for the can of pumpkin and 2 points for the entire mix of s.f. f.f. vanilla pudding. Does that sound right? Our meeting leader said to count the mix in the points. The mix is 0 fiber, 0 fat and 100 calories for the whole box. :confused:
Old 02-20-2001, 04:40 AM   #15  

Begging your pardon, I could easily eat THREE bakers breakfast cookies at a sitting! I haven't...but I COULD!

------------------
There are many paths up the mountain but we'll all reach the peak if we just keep climbing.
Closed Thread