WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2001, 06:42 AM   #1  

Was wondering if anyone has seen this magazine. I just purchased it and it's great. They have a special, too, a 2 year subscription for 19.98 (off the cover price of $42.00).

It lists all the nutritional info and has great articles and no advertisements!!!
Old 02-03-2001, 08:45 AM   #2  

I had a subscripton. Two years for the price of one. It had great ideas but the nutritional value wasn't listed on everything.

Linda
Old 02-03-2001, 10:54 PM   #3  

I thought this was a brand new magazine. The issue I have is a "Premier Issue". All of the nutritional values are listed, including fat, fiber and calories, so it makes it easy for us WW to figure out the points.

Perhaps your subscription was the same name but from a different parent company. This comes from Reiman Publishing which does Taste of Home, Country Woman, etc.
Old 02-04-2001, 06:20 AM   #4  

I picked up the first copy at the supermarket and really enjoyed it that evening. My husband thinks I am nuts, but I like reading recipe books in bed. He can have his Tom Clancey, give me a good cookbook any day .There are alot of great recipes and ideas. I think I'm going to get a subscription. I can just hear it now, "Not now honey, I'm learning how to roast veggies!".

------------------
BEING FAT IS HARDER THAN ANY DIET!

[This message has been edited by quilting lady (edited 02-03-2001).]
Old 02-04-2001, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'0"

I've placed my order and can't wait for it to arrive!
Old 02-04-2001, 08:20 PM   #6  

LOL! Quilting Lady! I enjoy reading recipes, too. To me they are "short stories" White Cat >^.^<
Old 02-04-2001, 11:09 PM   #7  

I have had a (gift) subscription for Taste of Home for several years now. I called the publisher and arranged to have the subscription switched to Light and Tasty. I am really happy with the Premier issue. And I ADORE the non-ads in both.
Lemonade
Old 02-04-2001, 11:58 PM   #8  

Lemonade,

I didn't know you could do that (switch from one of their magazines to another). I'll have to try that, because I have a Country Woman subscription!
Old 02-05-2001, 06:38 AM   #9  
Domestic Goddess

I got my premiere issue yesterday. I mostly enjoyed it and got some great ideas but I do think they rely too heavily on red. fat cheese & non-fat sour cream. I prefer to use a few more points, a little less cheese, but the real thing.
Old 02-05-2001, 11:41 AM   #10  

Kerrie, I don't like the fat free sour cream but if you get a good brand I think the light is very acceptable. Cabot from Vermont makes very good 75% reduced fat cheese. Also I have had store brand fat free whipped topping that was awful but I find f/f Cool Whip very good. I guess our taste buds get use to the lower fat after awhile. i sorta like 'more'.

------------------

Ann P
Old 02-06-2001, 03:49 AM   #11  

I actually have a recipe published in this magazine! Mine is the "Fudgy Peanut Butter Brownies". I read in part of the magazine that on occasion they will alter someone's recipe to add back a little fat, etc. That is exactly what they did to mine. I used fat free cream cheese, they substituted low-fat cream cheese. I used 1% milk, and they used 2% milk plus a little water. The funny thing is I sent in that recipe 3 years ago! They had asked for low-fat recipes and I sent in 5 of them. This brownie recipe is the only one they've used so far, but I'm hoping I'll see some of my other low-fat recipes in there. I think its a really good magazine. I also get Taste of Home and Quick Cooking, and I just convert the recipes to low-fat myself.

Martha
Lifetime 7/00
Closed Thread