WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default Points Reminder?

Hey everyone, first time posting here as I've been on the South Beach board. I did Weight Watchers 4 years ago and got to my perfect weight! I felt so great. I was also more active then too, but anyway. I landed a full time salary paying office job and what do you know, 50lbs were waiting in that chair for me. I did alright on Phase I of SBD, losing 9lbs. I've lost 15 total and I am having a major issue now. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong and all the hard work for nothing is really bothering me. I decided I would try to incorporate WW in with it because I really think I have ended up cutting out way too many calories all together.

I once figured out, based on my activity level and average food intake, that I was averaging like 2600 calories eaten a day! Now I struggle to reach 1200 calories and I think my body has just said 'Screw this, I ain't playing'. I figure if I do the same foods as I normally do with SB, but aim for my minimum points in WW, that my body will find I am playing more fairly.

So, the question is, based on my current weight of 171lbs, and my goal weight of 130lbs. How many points am I aiming for? I still have my slide rule thing (though it's the old one) and know how to figure everything out, I just don't remember what I am aiming for.

Any help would be great. Thanks all!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:20 PM   #2  

Hello,
According to my chart, you are allowed 20 to 25 points per day on WW.
Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 10-13-2004, 02:23 PM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

We don't have ranges anymore but if you have your books from before with Turnaround (Core and Flex) you get a Target (which is 2 points above the minimum from the ranges) and you can earn APs for your activity and you get 35 WeeklyPointsAllowance (aka FlexPoints) to use during the week.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:43 PM   #4  

So like 22 points is my target, but with 35 extra to throw around per week? So, could use 4 extra one day, 2 another, and so on? I'll give it a shot. I'll aim for 22-23 and then allow my 35 extras as needed. Do you /have/ to use those extra ones?
Old 10-13-2004, 05:02 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

The 35 are not extra points a week. They are what you could have banked with the ranges (5 points a day x 7 days a week = 35 points).

You don't have to use them but the majority of people lose better with more consistency when they use them.
Closed Thread