WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Thanks for the tips- I am going down to the States in August and now know that Applebee's is a relatively safe place for me to eat!

That cake looks delicious!
Old 08-21-2004, 08:07 PM   #17  

I have tried the Baja Chicken Wrap and the Sizzling Chicken, both a disappointment. Not satisfying enough...nothing to do with the preparation. I have tried the Chicken Tortilla Melt, which I split with my DH and then had the Teriyaki Shrimp which was my favorite, but then on another visit, I had the Tilapia and that is my new favorite. I went there for lunch with a friend yesterday and had the soup finally, which I've heard so much about. It was great. I also had the Citrus Grilled Chicken Salad. Pretty good too. It was plenty for lunch. I have yet to try any of the desserts. I'd rather come home and have a WW 2 point ice cream sandwich.

I have been to a few different Applebee's in the past, before WW and had so-so experiences with the food, but I guess I'm fortunate to have 2 good Applebee's in the area...vegetables are always cooked to perfection and piping hot, which is difficult to get in restaurants.

Ruby Tuesday's is very good. We just ate there again tonight. I get the Petite Sirloin, creamy mashed cauliflower and sauted zucchini for a total of 9 points. It's a nice break from chicken.

start: 271 in 01/2004
now: 227 as of 08/21/04
loss to date: 44 lbs.
mini goal: total of 70 lbs. by New Years Day 2005
high goal weight: 165
ideal goal weight: 135
Old 08-22-2004, 10:37 AM   #18  
Tutus10

I too have visited Applebees and found that the portions are right on but the presentation is not up to par, a smaller plate would help the entree look normal. I think that Applebees here in N.Fl. St. Augustine, must be having a major problem staffing their resturant. Hope that's not the case elswhere. But all in all the quality of the food is good. Have a good day Aloha
Old 08-28-2004, 11:10 PM   #19  

I went to Applebee's here in Davenport today for lunch and had the sizzling chicken skillet. I liked it,but they should present it better. I have tried the mesquite chicken salad and I liked that too! Today I also tried the chocolate raspberry cake. It is a bit small,but very tasty. I'm just glad finally WW has come into a restaurant and hope more is to come.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:29 AM   #20  
Cowboy Up Chick

I had a Friday a few weeks ago that it rained so hard I couldn't get home and I was able to go to Applebee's and eat. I had the Sizzling Chicken Skillet and it was gorgeous (sauted veggies under a sliced grilled chicken breast), salsa and 'dressing' on the side with my own little tortilla keeper. It was beautiful and very filling with my soup and diet soda.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:11 PM   #21  
okikatt

I have eaten almost all the WW choices at Applebee's and have found them all wonderful..well didn't like the crouton on the onion soup to me it was more like soggy bread. The portion sizes were not as big as I would have liked but then if I had my choice I would have had a plate the size of a turkey platter..lol. I love the cheesecake dessert. I think it must be like anywhere else. Depending on the restraunt and the cook for the night will determine how good your food is.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:11 PM   #22  

I would avoid the WW desserts. Something in them can cause your stomach to get upset, if you know what I mean. Several people I know, plus my family, have had this reaction. The other food is great though.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:57 PM   #23  

I went yesterday with my sisters and brotherinlaw, and one of my sisters tried the ww meals with me (they can be supportive when they want to...lol). I got the soup, which was *gross*. The cheese and that soggy cracker or whatever was just horrible. The broth was ok, but I just couldn't eat it...yuck. However, I did enjoy the shrimp and steak skewers. The shrimp was wonderful, and the steak was pretty good. But I LOVED the rice that it came with. However the squash or whatever that came on the plate was just gross....couldn't get myself to try it because it looked so off color or something. But my sister got the the Tango Chicken sandwich, or something like that. She said it was good except for the dressing they put on the sandwich. All in all, I would go back knowing that I could get that shrimp again : )
Old 06-08-2005, 02:31 PM   #24  
Michele

I must have a good Applebee's because I love it. The rice like you said is to die for and I love the shrimp skewers. I tried the steak and shrimp last time I was there but I didn't care for the steak skewer so next time I'll be sticking to the shrimp skewers. I actually love the steamed veggies with peppercorn. I also like both deserts - especially the lemon berry cheesecake. I always used to get the cake but then my aunt had the cheesecake and I haven't gone back to the cake yet.

I love that I can eat here and not worry about guesstimating the points.

Old 06-11-2005, 11:15 AM   #25  

Been to Applebees twice, first time got the shrimp skewers and had to laugh at the difference in the quantity comparing it to my husbands meal...but it was good, I would probably order an extra side of veges. The cheesecake thing with the strawberries was fantastic.
The problem was I ordered a side salad to go with it......cheese, croutons, bacon and egg!!! what a huge disappointment that was, should have asked for some veges on the salad!!!

Second time, got the onion soup--awesome, sizzling skillet-really enjoyed it and no dessert....(was good and skipped dessert only to end up at the mall with my mom for a piece of Sees candy)

Guess you learn each time.

Julie
Old 06-15-2005, 02:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 192/187/139

Height: 5'3"

I ordered the salad and the dressing I got was creamy, so maybe they did make a mistake. I also got the chocolate cake for dessert. It was good, but very small.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:39 AM   #27  
BJ3

I've tried everything on the ww Applebees menu except shrimp (allergic!). The only thing I have been dissappointed in was the onion soup. My favorite is the Tilapia and the cheesecake (so much better than the cake.) It is not exactly like cheesecake, but delicious!
Old 06-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #28  

I love the chicken skillet, and the lemon berry cheesecake, and the onion soup is to die for! I think I might have to make my husband take me there this week, lol!!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:41 AM   #29  

Apple Bee's is always my first choice to eat, just because it is a no brainer with the points. The Tilapia is definately my favorite. Maybe because my DH doesn't like fish so I only get it when he is gone or we eat out. My second choice is the sizzling chicken, which makes me feel like I am cheating. I haven't tried the dessert yet but have tried most everything else and really like it. The only time I had trouble is one time my Tilapia was still frozen! I guess something was wrong with the grill. They fixed it right away and it was fine.

I agree it would be wonderful if more restraurants had a WW menu or even a light menu with the Calories, fat and fiber listed! I hate always getting the grilled chicken and broccoli to be safe. Even then you don't know what they added to cook it.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:02 PM   #30  
Back on Program!

I went and tried the Mesquite Salad. I thought it was good, even thouugh it was nothing exciting---I could have prepared it at home myself. The dressing was creamy-style, not clear, and I didn't use it all. Next time I think I will try something a little more "exotic" so I feel more like it was a treat to go out to eat.
Closed Thread