WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2001, 12:50 PM   #1  

Thumbs up

I was thrilled that I found FF Blueberry and FF Aple muffins @ Sam's Club. I checked the fiber, cals, and fat and came up with 2 points. I could have done the happy dance right there. I didn't even wait to get home to scarf one down.

Well, when I got home I almost made a religious experience heating a cup of coffee, turning on the tv, covering up with my cozy blanket and ate another one.

Today I grabbed one to eat on my way to see my first patient and happened to reread the label. The serving size in 1/2 muffin! Now who the **** eats 1/2 muffin? I was so ticked. I mean they are still really good for 4 points but for 2 points they would have been golden!!! Oh well, it taught me a lesson on reading ALL of the label when I am figuring out points.
Old 03-08-2001, 01:04 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

Tee hee! Well I sort of did the same thing (once when I first started my muffin was 2 points and then the serving size was only 1/3 of the muffin) and the other day I grabbed a bag of chips at the Hockey Tournament and it was 170 cal etc....I thought great 4 points until later I looked and it had 2.5 servings in the bag. LOL! That's why I never eat chips from those snack bags!
Old 03-08-2001, 10:48 PM   #3  

Default Sam's Muffins

About a year ago I did the same thing w/those muffins!
Was so excited, got home, read the fine print and realized it was for only a half of that tiny little muffin.
GRRRRRRR
debbie
Old 03-09-2001, 11:17 AM   #4  

Have you tried the Kellogg's All Bran muffin mix - if you substitute skim milk, egg beaters, and applesauce for the regular milk, egg, and oil the muffins only come to 1 point each and they are a decent size. I sometimes have them for breakfast and sometimes they are dessert. I used to make my own muffins from scratch from a recipe that a friend created but these are much easier to do.
Closed Thread