Japanese Food

• Hi guys!

I'm brand new to weight watchers, like day 4 new, and my friends all want to go for Japanese food on Friday. I want to go because I don't want to feel left out but I don't want to go and feel like I can't eat anything.

I should be okay with some soup and a salad and maybe some rolls.. but I'm just so afraid I'll over eat and then I'll be way over points. I'm very scared, I've never been so afraid to eat food before.

It's an all you can eat style and I know I can't eat the tempura or anything. I only get 28 points and that's hardly enough to make it through the day after working out and everything else. I'm just pretty scared. Any help or support would be great.
  • just ask them for steamed veggies and tofu. I don't think they grill chicken. You may look online for the restaurant's menu and plan accordingly.
  • Quote: just ask them for steamed veggies and tofu. I don't think they grill chicken. You may look online for the restaurant's menu and plan accordingly.
    I find it super hard to plan ahead, just because I can see what is on the menu doesn't mean I can see what's in it. You know what I mean?
  • Quote: I only get 28 points and that's hardly enough to make it through the day after working out and everything else. I'm just pretty scared. Any help or support would be great.
    Don't forget, you get 28 plus your 49 weekly points, too. Don't be afraid to use those.
  • Look for Miso soup and sunomono salad! both are low calorie and have pleanty of things in them that are good for you There is usually a steamed tofu and veggie option as mentioned above too! As for the all you can eat anxiety i completely feel your pain and have been there before. i dont know if this will help but set a very clear and defined limit for yourself when you head into places like that. like one trip to the buffet and allow yourself one cold plate and one warm and dont be afraid to walk away with some food left on your plate. All you can eat can certainly be daunting but have faith in yourself and the goals you have set. I will cheer for you!
  • or get some edamame, vegetable maki, sashimi.....

don't worry! use it as a learning experience of how to fit WW into your regular normal life...

have a bowl of 0-point soup beforehand so you don't make high-points choices based on hunger/panic!
  • Fresh spring rolls (cold - not the fried ones) are also low in points. Steamed edamame is also really tasty!