3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Jimmy John's sub (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/263606-jimmy-johns-sub.html)

EmilyMartis 07-27-2012 12:43 PM

Jimmy John's sub

Hi, Everyone!
I just joined WW Points Plus program after purchasing materials, and right away I have my first challenge! I'll be going to a beach 'picnic' with some work colleagues on Monday and we're ordering from Jimmy Johns. I ended up with the Turkey Tom sandwich on whole grain bread, no cheese or mayo, add double of all veggies (no avocado), and dijon mustard.

I'm thinking that this will be 10 pts since all of the veggies are 'free'. Does this seem reasonable to anyone else?

I'm also getting a pickle on the side (0pts), a diet coke (0 pts), and a bag of "Thinny" chips - 3pts.

Thanks for the input...
Emily.

sept2012 07-27-2012 12:46 PM

if you have not already you shoud sign up for the ww food tracker. it will tell you exactly how many points. Subway is the best for that diet as you can actually build your sandwich online and it will tell you cal,fat,carb,protein and then you can plug it into thepoint tracker and your dead on.

JO

EmilyMartis 07-27-2012 12:52 PM

Thanks, Sept! I was going to wait to sign up until I'm done with some travel I have coming up in August. I guess, in retrospect, it's probably not terribly appropriate to ask for the values of a subscription/$ based system.

Thanks for your note... and the tip about subway! I don't actually eat a lot of restaurant food or sandwiches, but this will help guide me in the future.

Cheers,
Em.

KatieBug 07-27-2012 12:52 PM

And for the future, for ordering at JJ get the unwinch!!! They wrap your sandwich lettUce! (if your watching breads and stuff like me) it really saves me!

EmilyMartis 07-27-2012 12:57 PM

Oh, great idea Katie!

To be honest, I think I'd rather get the bread and ditch half of it (but maybe that's hard to do with willpower?!?!)

I also just thought that JJ might have a nutrition calculator and... sure enough! I re-built my sandwich with custom changes and plugged the values into my WW calculator and it is, indeed, 10 pts!

Thanks for the help, everyone.

amandie 07-27-2012 01:02 PM

Emily- sounds good! I have not had JJ's in a while. I'd say keep the bread if it fits in your points! :) Google is my best friend when it comes to figuring out what the calorie/point count for whatever you need. Good luck!

KatieBug 07-27-2012 01:21 PM

Oh you are way better than me :) bread is my #1 trigger food, so I have to avoid it at all costs. Haha!

DrivenByAmbition 07-27-2012 01:53 PM

Well my club sub is 15 for the way it comes... So I'm pretty sure if you leave off the mayo it should be less than that. Just try your best not to guess like that most days.

LovelyAndLosing 07-27-2012 02:29 PM

FYI the avacado spread is amazing and only like 20 cals. there is no mayo in it.