3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Do you use your weekly allowance points? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/248246-do-you-use-your-weekly-allowance-points.html)

allforHisglory 04-16-2012 03:24 PM

I always do :( and I am trying to work on not using them; I have had a rough start with the plan, a picky household definitely doesn't help with this, but I am just sucking it up and going to start making myself something seperate if I need to, while still trying to feed my picky guys as healthy as possible

mammasita 04-16-2012 03:49 PM

Yep I usually do......and routinely on friday/saturday (days when we end up eating more than usual).

charliefan 04-21-2012 01:37 AM

I've only in my 7th week and use maybe 4 or 5 of the WP's every week. Only 4 weeks into it I started stalling after staying w/in points and racking up lots (for me) of AP's and so cut my DP's back from 42 to 29 - 32 for 3 or 4 days. So I know I won't be able to use the WP's, although I like having them there for the inevitable time when I'll go off the deep end!

hle82 04-21-2012 08:15 AM

With 2012 PP+, I usually eat 2-6 WPAs everyday, and have 1 semi-high day where I use a good chunk. I usually never eat all the points + APs by the end of the week. Losses are decent (~1lb on avg a week) but are consistent thus far.

thewickedcityx 05-02-2012 05:40 PM

I just started WW yesterday and was wondering the same thing about the weekly points. My leader said that you should absolutely eat all of your daily points, and eat all of your earned Activity points but that the weekly points are optional. Even eating my daily points feel like I'm eating too much food. But, I'm still going to give it a shot for a few weeks and see how it goes. My doctor told me that reason I was having difficulty losing before was that I probably wasn't eating ENOUGH food and my body was going into starvation mode so maybe this will work better. I'm just so used to feeling deprived on a diet that I feel like something is wrong because I'm not starving all the time!

k8325 05-04-2012 01:56 PM

After they pushed us down to 26 points a day, I upped them back to 29 and almost always use my weekly points. I have lost 70 lbs in since Feb 2011 and I am very pleased with the results. For me, the weight loss is probably slower, but I'm also not experiencing excess skin problems and have lost and average of 1.3 lbs a week. The first few weeks of ww I lost NOTHING and I have hit a couple of plateaus, but kept on truckin' and eventually broke through them. I think the important thing to do is figure out what makes YOU comfortable. Personally, I feel like I would starve if I was limited to less than 29 points a day. :dizzy: and I would have given up if I felt deprived in any way. My personal goal now is to always have at least 20 activity points left in my cache, so it is good to have points up there, but when I first started getting 20 activity points was a hardship (now I get anywhere between 25 to 40 depending on my ability to get to the gym) So that might be a factor as well. Just keep at it, girl, the lifestyle lessons will be worth it! I gave myself a week off of point counting but continued many of the healthy habits I had learned and didn't gain (slipped up with McyD's and a heavy night of drinking)!

redapple84 04-23-2013 06:18 PM

I use them, but I don't use all of them. Last week I had 9 left, and this week I should have 25-30 left. I would rather increase my activity level and indulge a little. Otherwise, I'm falling off the wagon and into a Cold Stone Creamery (Sp?) (I know this because when I started I was super strict about how I ate then I relapsed for about 1 1/2 months).

redapple84 04-23-2013 06:28 PM

Excess Skin

Quote:

Originally Posted by k8325 (Post 4320897)
For me, the weight loss is probably slower, but I'm also not experiencing excess skin problems and have lost and average of 1.3 lbs a week.

That's a fear of mine. Excess skin. I don't want to have plastic surgery (because I can't really afford it), but I will. Thank you for mentioning this! It gives me hope that maybe it won't be so bad.

happybug 09-13-2013 06:48 AM

I don't use them and had forgotten about them. I actually never take note of the saved points anymore, though if I exercise during the day and gain a few extra points and I'm dying for something else to eat after dinner, then I will use those.

Snazzygina 03-08-2016 05:49 PM

I eat mine!

I eat my weekly allowance points, but usually on the weekend!
I only eat my activity points on the days I work (on my feet and walk 4+ miles at work) and the days I workout. On the days I do both my fit bit has my calorie burn close to 3,700 calories. So, I definitely eat them.
I've only been on WW again for month and have about 20lbs to lose. I lost 3lbs the first week and 1-2 lbs the last three. So far so good!
If I stall I'll prob stop eating the weekly extras but continue to eat activity. :)

Koshka 03-09-2016 12:53 PM

Looks like you are doing well. Currently I have elected to swap my FitPoints before swapping Weekly Points. Now that there is a baseline with FitPoints I feel safe doing that. As a practical matter it means I end up using few, if any, weekly points but use all of my FitPoints (above the baseline).

helene1 03-30-2016 01:20 PM

I eat all my weekly allowance points (usually on week-ends) and every day I use my FitPoints. So today I added +4 FitPoints to my 30 SmartPoints. I will eat 34 SP and during the weekend will eat all of my 35 allowance points. I don't want to starve myself because I exercise a lot every day.