WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 09-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #1  

Question At the minimum daily points

Hi there!
I used to do the flex points program and it made a lot of sense that as I dropped weight I would also lower my daily points allowance. I am now trying out the points plus system, but am weirded out to find that I am already at the lowest daily point total (I am 180 pounds and petite, so I need to drop a lot for my health). I am really confused as to how this promotes weight loss. Reducing food intake is my primary mode of losing weight, because I cannot exercise well due to some health issues. I am feeling really unsure and uncomfortable with the idea that I need to keep eating all these points daily, and that it won't change. Any words/explanations/similar experiences to help me out?
Paust001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC

How about you try it for a while without comparing to the old plan, and watch it work before getting uncomfortable?

This is a big one. It's very easy to get caught up in how the old plan worked, etc, etc. If you want to give this a try, give it an honest try and see what happens without pointing to the other plan. They're two different plans.

If you want to start out eating more... don't forget to eat your WEEKLY points. They're your points, too, to be used in any manner you wish.

The plan promotes weight loss, because you'll be eating less now than you have been in the past. And down until you reach goal, you'll be taking in fewer calories than expending, which means you'll burn excess fat.

Let's pretend for a moment that your goal is to maintain this weight:

In example-land, it would take 1800 calories a day for you to maintain your weight. 29 points PLUS the fruits/veggies a day is roughly 1200 - 1300 calories. That means you're already eating less than you're taking in on a daily basis, which will cause you to lose weight. Even as you lose weight, at some point it will take you 1700 to maintain... you're still eating 1200. Then it will take 1600 to maintain... you're still eating 1200. Etc. Etc. Until you get down to your goal.

I'm not saying that there won't be tweaking needed along the way as you get down to only 20 pounds from your goal or something, but that really... WW has tested this method for a while. They're always in the process of improving, but to start? To start... don't fret over something that hasn't happened, yet. There's no need to put pressure on yourself over something that may never happen.

If it's working for you now, then let it work for now. If at some point in the future there are problems, then comb over it and look for solutions.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.8/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

A word of note, as well. Food is more points on the PointsPlus plan, as compared to the previous plans. So, even if you ate the same foods on both programs, on PointsPlus it would be more points.
SkineeMinnee is offline   Reply With Quote