Subway

• So I've taken to eating Subway sandwiches when I'm crunched for time and can't prep a meal. My standard is 6" veggies-only on wheat. I get double veggies cuz they don't charge extra, so it's usually lettuce, spinach, tomato, green peppers, pickles, and onion, with (a little bit) of oil, and vinegar. I used their websites nutrition facts page, and that sandwich, minus oil/vinegar is 6 pts*.. but I got to thinking, it's just whole wheat bread and like 2 cups of veggies (which are "free").. I have a hard time believing their bread is 6 pts... so I used their facts sheet to figure out *just* the bread and it says 5 pts. Which should I use? I know it's not a lot of difference in the grand scheme of things, but I'm just curious.

*(I tack on 3 pts for the oil/vinegar)
  • The bread from subway is mainly where all the fat and calories come from (on the healthy sandwiches that is) When you look at the nutrition facts you see that the bread is like 200-250 cals & then the rest of the cals equals only bout 100 (thats if your getting like turkey or ham, but the veggies are even less.) & the breads where the fat & carbs are coming from so Im just assuming thats why its 6 points. BUT i don't know 100%

Good Luck
  • Hey, I'm doing doing WW but when I go to Subway, I have the scoop out the inside white part of the bread and that really does cut down on some of the calories. It still tastes the same to me. Just an idea.
  • If -just- the bread is five points, you can likely go with that. Especially if you're just eating veggies as the meat of the sandwich (no pun intended ).
  • Tell them to leave off the top for an "open-face" approach to cut the points