So it seems that one of the most common challenges with the new Points Plus system is the higher daily points target.
I thought that perhaps we could share some of our tips for getting in those extra few points when necessary without overstuffing and while still eating healthy, OP foods!
Here are some of mine:
- hard boiled eggs - 2 pts each
- using whole eggs instead of egg white or egg substitute
- half fat or low fat dairy instead of fat free
- Activia yogurt cups instead of fat free yogurt - 3 pts per cup
- avocado sliced on to sandwiches or salads - 3 pts per quarter
- steel cut oatmeal with dried fruit or nuts - 5-7 pts per 1/3 cup (depending on what you put in it)
- kashi go lean cereal - 5 pts per cup
- peanut butter - 5 pts per 2 tbsp
- almonds - 4 pts per oz
What are yours?