3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Healthy ways to eat more points (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/222444-healthy-ways-eat-more-points.html)

peanutt 01-14-2011 01:55 PM

Healthy ways to eat more points

So it seems that one of the most common challenges with the new Points Plus system is the higher daily points target.

I thought that perhaps we could share some of our tips for getting in those extra few points when necessary without overstuffing and while still eating healthy, OP foods!

Here are some of mine:
- hard boiled eggs - 2 pts each
- using whole eggs instead of egg white or egg substitute
- half fat or low fat dairy instead of fat free
- Activia yogurt cups instead of fat free yogurt - 3 pts per cup
- avocado sliced on to sandwiches or salads - 3 pts per quarter
- steel cut oatmeal with dried fruit or nuts - 5-7 pts per 1/3 cup (depending on what you put in it)
- kashi go lean cereal - 5 pts per cup
- peanut butter - 5 pts per 2 tbsp
- almonds - 4 pts per oz

What are yours?

seagirl 01-14-2011 02:17 PM

I get 29 a day and have no problem meeting my points but that's because I eat whole eggs, 2% milk, almond butter, and I cook with actual oil not a spray.

I think the focus of fat free, sugar free, fake eggs, cooking spray, diet products are what lead to people not getting enough points. If you eat whole real foods, you should be able to get enough points in.

peanutt 01-14-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seagirl (Post 3653600)
I get 29 a day and have no problem meeting my points but that's because I eat whole eggs, 2% milk, almond butter, and I cook with actual oil not a spray.

I think the focus of fat free, sugar free, fake eggs, cooking spray, diet products are what lead to people not getting enough points. If you eat whole real foods, you should be able to get enough points in.

I completely agree! Are you one of the posters I've seen say "If your grandma wouldn't recognize it, don't eat it" ? I'd like to think that getting people towards a whole foods diet was one of the motivators behind Points Plus.

Iianae 01-14-2011 02:30 PM

I get 37 points and I struggle to not go over...what's that say about me =(

seagirl 01-14-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutt (Post 3653620)
I completely agree! Are you one of the posters I've seen say "If your grandma wouldn't recognize it, don't eat it" ? I'd like to think that getting people towards a whole foods diet was one of the motivators behind Points Plus.

Well, my grandmother used to boil cans of sweetened condensed milk to make caramel and then eat the whole thing. :lol: But yes, I subscribe to that theory of eating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iianae (Post 3653625)
I get 37 points and I struggle to not go over...what's that say about me =(

It says you are following the plan perfectly. I eat my 29, plus about 4 or 5 weeklies every day. Why the sad face?

Iianae 01-14-2011 03:13 PM

LOL I guess my sad face is because sometimes I feel like I would be better off having to struggle to EAT the points then the struggle I face not having enough (in my book) LOL. Know what I mean? I REALLY have to pay attention to what I eat or I will go over quite a bit every day and all I can think some days is...wow, wish I had more points =)