WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 10-01-2010, 06:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'5

Default Points confusion?

HI I just joined weight watchers yesterday and got all the info. I just have one question...

Ok...I live in sweden and we have the same points system but Im still confused. Im american and my swedish is so so and my swede at home was little help!

Ok I get 32 points a day and i think 45 bouns points...Im confiused about the free points...Do you have to use them and if I understand you can use them during the week if you know that you might eat something special or if your a bit hungry?

Here is where Im confused...if I eat 32 points and I want a cupcake and its 10 points I just subtrack from the 45 free points?

It just seems silly that you dont just average them in to your daily allowance.

Im very excited to start weight watchers and Im looking forward to reaching my first goal

Thanks in advance,
Maggie

Last edited by spacecadet; 10-01-2010 at 06:28 AM.
spacecadet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/157/120-150

Height: 5'5"

Yes, you use them from those extra points. Your daily balance is what you SHOULD consume every day, but the extra points allow for you to eat more one day and less the next. Some people do average them into their daily point allowance, though, and if that works for you, go for it!
pageta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #3  

Thanks...That is what I thought cool its my in-laws birthday tomorrow so I can have cake
Old 10-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #4  

The Swedish points plan is NOT the same as the American plan. They both use points but they are calculated differently.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 01:49 AM   #5  

Ok...That was my understanding from the WW lady...she said it my vary but I can use recipes and such from a American WW cookbook...

I was just confused about the free points and after I read on here and then talked with my friend who is also on the plan..I understand better...

Im not a big fan of most swedish food so I have to get creative with spices and food choices....