Eating less

• I just started on the weight watchers program, and writing everything down and trying to keep track is quite new for me. I never realized that sometimes I eat a lot less than I should. I was eating the wrong food and too much, but now I see that it has to be the right foods and the right amount. Have any of you used less points than you were allowed for the day? If you did, did you eat more just to stay on your daily allowance? It'll take me awhile to figure out how to get to or stay at that 28 point allowance. Any tips?
  • Plan you meals in advance. Using less than your daily points will not work. If you want WW to work for you, you have to follow all the plan. If you can't get all your points in, user fewer ff or lf products. Take a look at the weekly menus for ideas on how to get all your points in.
  • You can add extra points by eating healthy fats like peanut butter, or adding mayo or a slice of full fat cheese to your sandwich, you can cook your veggies in olive oil (measure and count everything though).

The above poster is right though, you must use all your points for it to work for you.
  • Thanks very much for the responses Quilter, and Shytown. I was really wet behind the ears, and just starting on my first day when I asked this question. I realize after a few days, that it is easier to get through all your points then not. I definitely will take in your suggestions, and I noticed today that I could easily go through 7 or 8 points a meal depending on what I ate. I need to try eating more filling and setpoint foods than not.

Do you use your extra 35 points during the week? I've noticed that it is easy to use some of them as I've already used three in two days. I bet It takes awhile to get used to what works best for me, and how much weight I lose with the extra points and without.

How do you fit the oil recommendations in? I use cooking spray to cook, and don't use much oil. I guess I could use it in salads. Oh yes, and cooking in olive oil is a good bet. Thanks again for the tips.