Points in One Big Bowl of Pho?

• Just wondering if anyone knows how many points would be in a big bowl of Pho (the Vietnamese beef noodle soup). I think the ones my favorite restaurant serves must be at least 3 cups (including the broth and everything.) I desperately need to know, since this is my favorite food in the whole world!

Thanks in advance
  • I love Pho too, but the restaurants in town each have their own unique way of making it - so much difference that the calorie count has to vary tremendously. The calorie average I've found on calorie counting websites is around 350 - 400 calories for 22 to 24 ounces (about 3 cups). Because the fat content isn't usually very high, the point count should be around 6 to 8.

I'd say that's a good average, but I second guess a bit, by estimating the calories in the solid ingredients (the soup quantity isn't as important, because the broth doesn't have many calories at all). Usually it's the noodles, I pay the most attention to. It's the most calorie-dense ingredient other than the stir-ins available (such as peanut butter and hoisin). In our favorite restaurant, they bring out a cart filled with condiments (some would be pretty high in calories due to fat or sugar).

I often ask for half the noodles and twice the bean sprouts.
  • vegetarian pho 1 cup = 2 points
    beef pho 1 cup = 2.25 points

above data from WW
  • I love pho! Since lots of starchy carbs are a problem for me, I've taken to asking for mine without the noodles. So far, every restaurant has been willing to serve it to me without noodles. I take the lion's share of bean sprouts (and a good amount of fresh basil) and after they have softened a little, they are a lot like the noodles for hardly any carbs or calories.
  • Awesome. Thanks guys!
  • Is this with out noodles?
    Quote: vegetarian pho 1 cup = 2 points
    beef pho 1 cup = 2.25 points

above data from WW
    Is the point value with out the noodles