WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 04-04-2010, 07:19 PM   #1  

Default Not sure how to count these points...

We spent today at my IL's house. I ate lunch at home and we got to their house about 2:00 so I didn't expect to eat. Well, they keep what I consider to be odd hours and they eat lunch about 3 p.m. I was totally expected to eat with them (cultural thing, they are not American) or else appear rude. (They are back in America for the first time in a couple of years, I forgot that they ate late or else I wouldn't have eaten at home.) I made the smallest plate possible without being insulting. It's not that the food itself is horrible (chicken and rice, and then these things they call potato cakes, basically made with white potato, lots of different seasoning, and some veggies.) It's that they cook with a TON of oil. Since starting WW two weeks ago, I have not had greasy food and today's "lunch" made my stomach upset because it was so greasy. I had about 1/2 cup of the rice and chicken stuff and 2 potato cakes about 3" in diameter. Probably cooked in a half cup of oil if not more! Any idea of how many points I should call it? The food is Pakistani, if that helps.

Last edited by 1bighog; 04-04-2010 at 07:20 PM.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:53 PM   #2  
I need to loose 28 pounds

S/C/G: 185/173/146.5

Height: 5.8´

Wink i did not like your post

I do the same things, this people u name..interestingly almost nobody from my country is overweight..i cook with a lot of oil too.

Just think there is people from all cultures in the forum, so careful with criticism.
mmccurdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #3  

Okay, well thanks for being honest with me, I appreciate your words. I apologize for sounding as if I was criticizing; it was not my intention at all.

However, I am following the WW diet and I am trying to count my points accurately. Oil adds points. I choose not to consume a lot of it. My choice. Not criticizing anyone who does.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #4  

Height: 5'3

You did good. You kept your portions under control, which is where the battle is fought ,for me at least.

Try to count the points broken up in parts of the recipe. Like figure the oil used to cook the cakes like a salad dressing oil. Or count them like a large fry order if you can stand the pain. Then move on..don't dwell ..it's not a setback it's a challenge. And isn't it great that your tastes have changed so much that it feels like too much in a single meal.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #5  
I need to loose 28 pounds

S/C/G: 185/173/146.5

Height: 5.8´

thank you for commenting on my post i am doing ww to and experiencingg the same problems now
mmccurdy is offline   Reply With Quote