WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 01:10 AM   #1  

Smile lite lunch at Burger King

Anyone looking for a low point lunch when they are out shopping? Try this one at Burger King, from the value menu
{all .99cent items} One baked potato- 3points, one container chili-4 points and a green salad. No dressing, butter or sour cream. I take the potato cut it in half and put half in the plastic lid and leave half in the bottom part. Top with the chili and and salad. Fantastic, only 7 points, takes a long time to eat and is filling and last but not least is only 3.00. It's nice that fast food places are finally making things we WW members can eat.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:23 PM   #2  

thanks for the infor - that sounds great!!
Old 10-06-2002, 11:21 PM   #3  

thats real cool, i never thought of things from fast food like that--i havent been to a fast food place in 6 months!

thanks for teh info
Old 10-08-2002, 07:44 PM   #4  

Good Idea. I do the same thing at Wendy's...the points are pretty much the same. Take a plain baked potato and top with a small container of chilli and add hot sauce. MMMM. It is filling too.

CD
Old 10-09-2002, 12:01 PM   #5  

Burger King is my fav...I order a BK broiler and take it home. Once at home, I take off the mayo(way fattening), and I put on low fat mayo.

Stacey
Old 10-09-2002, 10:01 PM   #6  

Stacey, Just ask them to leave the mayo off. I do it all the time. I order the wopper jr. and tell them no mayo, I add a packet to catshup to moisten it up. It's 7 points.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:19 PM   #7  

...MMM...
Old 10-14-2002, 04:23 PM   #8  
A Real LOSER!!

Or my favorite, a chicken whopper no mayo. 7 pts. and I have them load on the veggies. When I get home I add a slice of low fat cheese for 1 point. Total 8 points, yum!
Old 10-14-2002, 05:55 PM   #9  

I love the McSalad Shakers. Grilled Chicken Caesar salad is 2pts. Skip the Caesar dressing and get the Herb Vinaigrette instead for 1pt. A big honking 3pt salad on the run.

CD
Old 10-17-2002, 10:05 AM   #10  

I love the Salad Shakers too. I do exactly what you said too. I get the Chicken Caesar w/o the dressing and use the fat free. I haven't been to Burger King in a while, but now that I've heard how much they have for WW members, I'll have to check it out!
Old 10-28-2002, 04:47 PM   #11  

puggiegirl:
From your message, I couldn't tell if you eat the other half of potato or not. I know at Wendy's their plain baked potato and small chili is 9pts...it would be 7pts if I had only half the potato...

can you clarify? I had this for lunch today from Burger King and it was really good.

CD
Old 10-29-2002, 04:24 PM   #12  

I eat both halfs. I just put half in the lid and half in the bottom. The plastic bottom part is too small to split the potato and cover it with chili so I use the lid too.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:21 PM   #13  

Gail,

so what you're saying is a baked potato/small chili at BK is 7pts?

Is the Chili less points than at Wendy's? Do you have the points for BK? At Wendy's the potato is 5pts and the Chili is 4pts, total of 9pts.

That would be really cool if the BK chili has less points! The other day, I bought a small chili from Wendy's and one from BK and compared the taste of both. They are the same size and look similar, but the BK chili is thicker with tomato paste. The Wendy's chili is soupier...I think the only difference is the tomato paste. Both have the kidney beans (Wendy's uses both kidney and navy), onions, green pepper and ground beef.

Thanks for clarifying, Gail. Did you compute from the nutritional info on the site?

CD
Old 10-30-2002, 08:31 PM   #14  

puggiegirl-thanks for the info!! Sounds delicious!
Closed Thread