3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Food and Point Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues-23/)
-   -   Help! Need filling ideas for breakfast!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-food-point-issues/189715-help-need-filling-ideas-breakfast.html)

tiniree 01-04-2010 05:17 PM

Help! Need filling ideas for breakfast!!

Hi everyone -

I have a weird schedule and can't stop in the middle of my work to have a snack. I need ideas for VERY filling breakfast items without breaking my points bank!

Today I tried one slice ww toast and one packet instant oatmeal. By the time our lunch break was coming around I had been feeling almost dizzy :dizzy: for about an hour!

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Marie

LolaBlue 01-07-2010 11:27 AM

I eat the same thing every morning and am good until lunch:

2 slices WW lite toast
lite butter
1 hardboiled egg
coffee w/ REAL cream or half and half

sprinkle some salt/hot sauce on eggs/toast and you have yourself a pretty tasty 6 pt breakfast

ladyrider72472 01-07-2010 11:43 AM

I do this chocolate oatmeal.... Use 1/2 c REAL oatmeal, 1cup of water (like it calls for on the container). Put 1tsp (level-- not heaped), and then some kind of chocolate (I use a protein supplement) but my co worker uses hot cocoa packets. The way I fix it is 5 points, but you would need to figure it your way for different ingredients. It is awesome.... kinda like mississippi mud cookies not set. It is very filling and b/c I use a protein supplement it is hard for me to finish the whole bowl.

If I cannot do this, I do my standby of a boiled egg.

ibcnuldu 01-07-2010 11:51 AM

I like to eat

Weight Control Oatmeal with Fiber One Yogurt and Coffee (3 pts)
1/2 Cup egg substitute, an english muffin, and a banana (5 pts)
2 Nutrigrain Low Fat Waffles with Cool Whip Free, Fiber One Yogurt, and a Banana (4 pts)
You could also do something lunch like, such as a can of WW Progresso soup along side a 1 pt sandwich thin with turkey (5 pts)

I absolutely love the Fiber One Key Lime Yogurt (the Strawberry is okay). It's 0 points for one serving (I imagine if you ate 2 it'd be 1 or 2 points). I eat one almost every morning for breakfast and it's a good way to get some milk and 5g fiber in.

I might have to try that Chocolate Oatmeal, it sounds really good!

boxermom78 01-07-2010 08:24 PM

I do good with a Vitatop (1 point) and a banana

QuilterInVA 01-08-2010 03:28 PM

If you want to stay full, you need a good serving of protein with each meal and snack. Add and egg or egg whites, maybe a slice of fat free cheese to your toast. If you are only eating carbs for breakfast, you will be hungry in an hour or two.

jeanies 01-08-2010 05:33 PM

I agree with Susan I do better with protein at each meal as well. My WW meeting leader encourages this. I have also learned that *I* must eat protein for snacks vs. something carby like rice cakes or popcorn. If I choose the latter I only continue to be hungry.

LiL PiXiE 01-08-2010 05:59 PM

chocolate oatmeal sounds yummy...i'mma try this

mysweetiepie 01-08-2010 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyrider72472 (Post 3080627)
I do this chocolate oatmeal.... Use 1/2 c REAL oatmeal, 1cup of water (like it calls for on the container). Put 1tsp (level-- not heaped), and then some kind of chocolate (I use a protein supplement) but my co worker uses hot cocoa packets. The way I fix it is 5 points, but you would need to figure it your way for different ingredients. It is awesome.... kinda like mississippi mud cookies not set. It is very filling and b/c I use a protein supplement it is hard for me to finish the whole bowl.

If I cannot do this, I do my standby of a boiled egg.

What kind of protein supplement do you use ?

choirgirlhotel 01-08-2010 06:28 PM

I've been eating one egg and one egg white as an omelet with half a slice of low-fat cheese (processed or otherwise) and 1/4 avocado. and coffee of course. seems to fill me up, esp if I drink a lot of water, or even sometimes add half a piece of high-fiber toast.

trooworld 01-09-2010 03:34 PM

I like to make a homemade egg Mcmuffin:

1 Oroweat whole wheat sandwich thin (1 pt)
1 egg (2 pts)
2 slices turkey bacon (2 pts)
1 slice non-fat american cheese (1 pt)

I realize that 6 pts may be a lot for some people, but I get 28 pts a day. If you use 1 egg white instead of a whole egg, that is -0- pts. You could also cut the turkey bacon to one slice, and the whole thing would then be 3 pts. It's very filling along with some coffee/water.

kareberr 01-10-2010 11:31 PM

I find I don't give myself enough time to have breakfast at home. I can easily have my breakfast at work so often just have instant oatmeal when I get there. Tonight I made my breakfast for morning. Two spinach mushroom crepes. To make my crepes I used 2 egg whites, a few tablespoons of skim milk and 2 T of flour. Divided it into two crepes and by spreading thinly on a non stick frying pan with a spray of pam. Then I cooked some chopped mushrooms, onions and chopped spinach. Once that was cooked I added 2T of low fat cream cheese, salt and pepper. Filled and wrapped my crepes and I am ready to go for the morning. So looking forward to them. Just going to warm in a microwave.

letstrythisagain 01-11-2010 06:48 PM

This is tough for me as well. I need to eat protein in the morning but don't eat pork and really really don't enjoy eggs.
I found a cereal with 13 g of protein per serving. I have a cup with skim milk and some kind of fruit. I am usually (as long as I drink tons of water) ok until 11:00 am then I might have a small yogurt to tide me over until lunch

I used to make egg sandwiches on WW english muffin with LF cheese and some turkey bacon. Wasn't too bad...

I am now going to try cottage cheese in the morning. I h8 cottage chesse but it's got some decent protein in it. I m going to dress it up with some fruit, and some cinnamon and see what that's like.

I am soon going to be commuting a few hours to work so morning will be tight.
I will probably buy some LF protein powder and make protein shakes with fruit to drink in the car....

Jaimie 01-17-2010 11:47 PM

What I usually have is:
1/2 cup Steel Cut Oatmeal w/1 tbsp honey, a half cup of strawberries/raspberries/blueberries and 1 tbsp sliced almonds [5-6 points]

or if I want a light day or am not hungry in the morning, I'll have:

A yogurt, 12 almonds, and an apple [4-5 points]

This usually keeps me full until lunch. I prefer the Steel Cut Oatmeal over Instant. It tastes so much better and seems to keep me fuller longer. It's eliminated my need for a mid-morning snack and it doesn't make my hypoglycemia act up.

Girly2010 01-17-2010 11:56 PM

For a filling breakfast I always go for the old standby of some 45 calorie slice bread with some Peanut Butter and Honey and maybe a piece of fruit. That seems to get me through the day. I love oatmeal but for some reason that doesnt stay with me very long.