WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Old 05-04-2007, 06:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW/253/CW231/GW175

Height: 5'8

Default 100 days of WW

I'm trying to make myself accountable, so i decided to start this thread. I got this idea of 100 days from lighter life. Hope many other newbies can join me!! Let's see who can make it all the way with me...please...

I'm on day 98 today!!! (counting backwards).

This is my plan for today..

Breakfast

Skimmed milk (0.5)
Special K (2.0)
Danone shape lasting satisfaction yogurt Blackberry (1.0)

Total 3.5

Lunch

WW Tuna Salad sandwich (4.0)
Apple (0.5)
Walkers baked cheese and onion crisps (1.5)
Danone shape lasting satisfaction yogurt Blackberry (1.0)

Total 7.0

Dinner

50g uncooked pasta (2)
70g brown rice (1.5)
70g mince (3.5)

Total (7.0)

Anytime

Banana (1.5)
Apple (0.5)
130g grapes (1.0)
WW creamed rice (1.5)

Total 4.5

Total 22

Let's just see how this goes cos i'm really not hungry today!!I'm just tat my desk and i've hardly touched any of my anytimes munchies.

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 05-04-2007 at 06:10 AM.
SlimmingWorldChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #2  

Wednesday

Breakfast
Special k (2.0)
Skimmed milk (0.5)
Tesco healthy living Raspberry yogurt(1.5)

Total 4.0

Lunch
2 Mcvities Go ahead apple and sultana crispy fruit slices (2.0)
Tuna Salad sandwich (4.0)

Total (6.0)

Dinner
60g mince (3.0)
200g brown rice (4.0)
Peppermint herbal tea (0)

Total (7.0)

Anytime
Banana (1.5)
Tesco healthy living Mini Pretzels with sea salt and black pepper(1.5)
130 grapes (1.0)
Danone Shape lasting satisfaction raspberry yogurt (1.0)

Total (5.0)

Thursday

Breakfast
Special k (2.0)
Skimmed milk (0.5)

Lunch
Tuna Salad sandwich (4.0)
130 grapes
Peppermint herbal tea (0)

Total 6.0

Dinner
80g mince 4.0
80g uncooked pasta 3.5

Total 5.0

Anytime
ryvita minis caramel (1.5)
Tesco healthy living pretzels sour cream and onion (1.5)
apple (0.5)
banana (1.5)

Total 5.0
Old 05-04-2007, 07:20 AM   #3  

Could the moderators move this to weigh ins and countdowns please?
Old 05-05-2007, 10:17 AM   #4  

Hello all!!Day 97 days left!!

I'm still here..guess the moderators didn't move this thread...

I've been so naught today but all within my points . I'm not at work today so it's a little bit harder. I just feel really bored plus this morning i went for my driving test and it was cancelled, no note nothing!! So i came home had some WW toffee cookies and a bag of baked walkers crisps.

It's so good to be in so much control on this plan. Here's today's menu..

Breakfast

Special K (2.0)
Skimmed milk (0.5)
Apple (0.5)
Yogurt (1.5)

Total 4.0

I added the apple cos i woke up 6 and thought i was going to be driving for a while..and didn't want to be hungry...

MMmm this is where i get a bit naughty..i think it was partly bcos i was very angry that i'd psyched myself up for my test and wasn't able to do it.

Lunch

WW oven chips (2.0)
Weight watchers pizza oval cheese and tomato flavour (3.5)
29g Hobnob biscuits which is 2 biscuits (2.5)
Walkers Baked Ready salted (1.5)

Dinner

65g uncooked pasta (2.5)
70g lamb mince (3.0)

Anytime

Weight watchers toffee cookies (1.5)
Walkers baked crisps cheese and onion (1.5)

Had a sneak peak at the scale cos my tummy is looking really flat and guess what ive lost 9 POUNDS!! THIS IS DEFINATELY A KEEPER!!SO GOOD THAT I CAN BE A LITTLE NAUGHTY AND STILL BE WITHIN IN MY POINTS!!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #5  

Could anyone explain to me about the extra 35 points you get for the week? I've joined online and can't seem to find anything about this..So i've just been sticking to my 22 points allowance.

9 pounds!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 12:31 PM   #6  

93 days to go i think..

I'm a bit confused...

But today is Tuesday and I'm on CORE this week. I had a little glich on Sunday when i was totally bored... Thank God i had those extra 35 points!! I weighed on Monday and was still the same but i felt a bit like i'd spoilt it so i decided to skip dinner which caused all kinds of problems so today i decided switch to CORE cos i'm having trouble with portion control.

Today's menu...

Breakfast

Special K
Skimmed milk
Grapes
Banana

Snack
56g granola 4 points

Lunch
Brown Rice
Chicken stew

Snack
168g granola 12 points
Banana

Dinner
Pasta bolognese

Overall points 16 !!!

Last edited by SlimmingWorldChick; 05-09-2007 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:39 PM   #7  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Slimming - Just a comment here, but aren't you spending a lot of points on granola? I don't know how many you have in a day, but my I have 25 and that would be half of my daily points! Or are you using some extra points? It still might be a good idea to have more, maybe some vegetables? I see some fruit in there but no veggies! Just a suggestion
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #8  
Katie

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/135

Looking good I think I'll also be doing WW for at least 100 days. Right now I've been doing it for 11 days and it's going well so far. I agree that you might want to try eating some vegetables. I've been eating a cabbage salad with low fat dressing each day and I find I like it a lot better then lettuce salad. Cabbage is also very economical because it lasts a long time and there seems to be an endless amount.. one head of cabbage makes at least 6-7 salads. You could also try making veggie soup, it's low in points and fun to make if you like cooking. Good luck!
fireflytrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #9  

I've had really bad craving for granola today, looks like i will have spent all my points on granola!!I only have 21 for the week..hopefully this will go away..

Thank you for your advice i will try some veggies i thought your 5 a day could be either fruit or veggiess or both. I just cant be bothered boiling them . But i think it will make my meals more filling although i'm very full now.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:38 AM   #10  

Hello 92 days to go...i wonder my overall loss at the end of these 100 days, some people on LL loose up to 3 stone!!

I felt really good when i woke up this morning..I think it's all that good healthy CORE food, i fells straight to sleep last night and when i woke up this morning I was feeling good considering i had to wake up 6:00, i got lots of snacks cos i'm working at my desk till 3:30...o and my granola craving is gone...

Breakfast
Special K
Skimmed milk
Banana
(i couldn't eat that much ate half of what i ate yday)

Snack
Banana
Apple

Lunch
Pasta
Chicken stew

Snack
120g grapes(i think i need to keep measuring this cos sometimes i have way too much!!

Dinner
Brown Rice
Bolognese sauce
Old 05-09-2007, 08:36 AM   #11  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimmingWorldChick View Post
I've had really bad craving for granola today, looks like i will have spent all my points on granola!!I only have 21 for the week..hopefully this will go away..

Thank you for your advice i will try some veggies i thought your 5 a day could be either fruit or veggiess or both. I just cant be bothered boiling them . But i think it will make my meals more filling although i'm very full now.
I have had 4-5 leaders in my history of Weight Watchers and they all said that you shouldn't eat more than half of your "fruits and veggies" as fruits. You need to have at least 2-3 servings of those as veggies. My current leader said that you should only spend 0-3 points PER DAY on veggies and fruits. I believe this is because fruit has more sugar than the veggies. But if you don't like veggies right now, then I would start off shooting for 2 servings of veggies per day and work up to 3-4. Good luck!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 AM   #12  

I crashed and burned. Yesterday CORE was going so great then i decided to have some granola and i burned big time. So i decided that i'm going back to points i'm not wasting even one more day. I'm never doing CORE again. I just feel happy that i haven't given up and i'm still here with 91 days to go. I feel like everything was goin so great so i'm not going to give up and just stick to the points plan. I'm just going to start my week a fresh and keep going. 92 days to go So this Thursday is my Monday. I'm also going to aqua aerobics and thinking about doing Tae Bo should i put this under Kick boxing on my activity planner.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:54 AM   #13  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey there slimmingworldchick!!
I hope your well... and congratulations on the weight loss it must be lovely to see your efforts paying off. I just wanted to ask in a couple of your dinners you had like "pasta and mince meat" what did you do with it? I mean.. no tomato sauce or did you just boil the pasta and mince together and eat it with a little seasoning. lol I'm probably quite slow for not getting this... but anyways. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:30 AM   #14  

Hiya,

I had pasta bolognese but i made it so the sauce had no points. I cooked the mince meat with tomatoes and lots of herbs and spices, i also added green peppers and red peppers. It was very yummy i just wrote mince meat cos it's the only thing i weighed. Hope this helps seranab..

I'm sooooooooo happy cos i just did 32 minutes of my Tae Bo workout although i was complete failure at CORE, it just shows i'm not too sure of my limit... I'm so gonna try and make this work.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #15  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Wow Excellent!!!
Do you enjoy it? What do you do in it exactly? And do you do it at a gym or do it at home... you know like watching a video?

As for the bologenuse... thank you... that really helped I was just so confused especially one of the days where you had pasta, rice and mince meat... could that possibly be spaghetti with meatballs?
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote