Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2001, 06:53 PM   #16  

I DID IT! I needed 1.2 and I got 3.4 which totals 63.8 I am starting maintance. Thank you alll for your support
Old 10-19-2001, 07:17 PM   #17  

Default Yee Haw!

Congratulations Tracey! I knew you would do it! You did great!
Old 10-31-2001, 06:55 AM   #18  

Where is everyone? Haven't seen any new posts. How is everyone planning to stay out of the halloween candy? I hope lots of kids come because i have plenty in the house. I am still holding around the 142 mark. Going for the second week of maintence. I would like to get down to 135 because I want to quit smoking and we know that adds a little pounds. Maintence ends for me 2 weeks after thanksgiving kinda glad i have an extra week to make sure I can work off the turkey
Old 10-31-2001, 10:15 AM   #19  
Failure is NOT an Option!

Hello, Friends.

Just read with interest the Wendie Plan post. I have struggled with the same 3 pounds since August and have become quite discouraged! I am going to give this plan a try and hope it works. Deanna, you said this worked for you. Were you stuck with the same couple pounds? Did it work immediately for you (as in at your next WI?) I have lost 30 pounds since April, but haven't gone anywhere really since mid-August. Still counting points and journaling, but with a metabolism that practically shuts down . . . frustrating!

I am so happy for you guys that have reached or are so close to goal and lifetime! Good for you!!!!! I love to check in to see everyone's progress, unfortunately with some life changes at my house, the computer isn't on as much as it used to be (not a bad thing, necessarily).

Anyway, I'll try this Wendie Plan and report back. Wish me luck!
Old 11-01-2001, 04:19 PM   #20  

Hey guys i actually think the wendy's plan could work. Since i hit maintance i have alllowed myself to eat more and a few days used some banked points and i lost 2 pds this week.
Old 11-01-2001, 07:06 PM   #21  

Default Wendie Plan

Hi,
I'm so glad to hear from my online buddies again! I've been checking almost every day to see if anyone had posted.

I have not officially used the Wendie Plan. I just think it could work because it makes sense that if you always eat low points your metabolism could slow down. The only thing I did that is similar is I attended some parties ( on the weekend) now and then where I know I ate above my limit (hard to tell exactly how many points when others have prepared the food). Anyway, I would always eat low points the rest of the week. I weigh in on Wednesdays, and I would still lose. I hate to say this stuff because I don't want to encourage anyone to go off plan. That's why Wendie might be good. That way you're still in control.

I can also share a friend's story. She was on a plateau after having lost 60 pounds. She says she never cheats (I believe her) and always ate at the bottom of her points. I told her my leader said not to do that; to alternate points. The next week, she ate more and then lost.

Right now, I'm on sort of a plateau, but it is of my own doing. I've been tired since going back to work and haven't always been on plan. I've been fooling around and not always journaling, etc. For now, I'll be happy to maintain and am still rededicating myself every day to starting over and doing this thing right.

Another good article on breaking a plateau is at heathdiscovery.net. I've been going there, mainly for great recipes. My name is Dee-termined there. Anyway, right on the home page under health and fitness is a link to an article about the topic.

Halloween is tough. I've got three kids 8 and under and the amount of candy in the house is insane! Had a couple the past two nights but none today and I am not going to have any more. It's not worth it.

Hope everyone has a good weigh in. Skipped mine yesterday because of Halloween. I'll see how I do next week.
Old 11-03-2001, 08:59 AM   #22  

Hi,
For those trying it, I just found a site with an entire section devoted to the Wendie plan. It is pub70.************/blightenup78347

But please come back here to let us know how you're doing!

On Halloween candy: Some people say it makes a great dessert because it is in portions and a lot of it equals 2 points. I don't know if I can stop at just one is the only problem.......
Old 11-03-2001, 09:13 AM   #23  

Sorry about being the third post in a row, but had to tell you, I went back to that website I mentioned in the last post to make sure I typed it right, and it looks like the originator of the Wendie plan is answering the questions. I think she goes by lovetwin.
Old 11-05-2001, 06:43 AM   #24  

Lil i tried to find that webstite because I wanted to check out the recipes. It would not come up. Can u send me the link from the page.

email
[email protected]

Please include your name in subject since there is alot of virus's out there and I havent been opening alot from others i dont know

Good luck all

ps Lil when are you off maintanence. Why did you skip this week? You are on maintence arent you this is the time that they are adjusting your points so some gain is expected
Old 11-05-2001, 08:07 AM   #25  

Lil i found that website. U had forgotten the l in health. Thanks for the info. Looks like a great site I will check in out more when I have more time
Old 11-05-2001, 05:42 PM   #26  

Hi Tracey,

Sorry about leaving out the "l". I'm usually more careful than that. They are totally "into" WW over there, a bit militant, but the no-excuses approach sort of appeals to me and they have some great ideas and recipes, especially if you go to the section of recipes submitted by users. So, for anyone else messed up by my mistake, that site is www.***************.net.

Speaking of "no excuses" (ha ha) I skipped my weigh-in on Wed. because I had to take the kiddies trick-or-treating. I'm sort of in a gray zone right now. I'm officially a lifetime member, but want to lose more. What I did was set my goal at 150, even though I would like to be around 135. I then figured in 6 weeks I would continue to lose 1-2 pounds every week like I had been. Trouble was, school started and I had a tougher time staying OP. Plus, I have found it harder to stay in the points range for under 150. So, I have lost a little and have been playing around 146-148 lbs. So, I really only need to weigh in once a month to stay a lifetimer, though I'm going to try to go every week till I lose those last pounds. Hope that makes sense.

Congrats on losing those 2+ pounds. Are you doing Wendie this week too?
Old 11-06-2001, 06:36 AM   #27  

Lil you and I are in the same boat a far a being at goal but still losing. Even though you are at the 150 weight the range is 18-22 but maintence is around 22-27. I have been eating around 24 and still losing around a pound. Try adding a little extra points and you might boost your metabolism.
Old 11-06-2001, 08:46 PM   #28  

Good suggestion! Giving myself permission to eat more may be key. After being off-plan, I have always tried to make up for it by eating low in points. That strategy may not work now, because that means 18 points for me, and that's hard. Then, of course, frustration sets in, because I'm the type of person that likes to do everything right. I've been eating very low points breakfasts and lunches, but fall prey to eating during dinner prep, dinner, then dinner clean-up and packing those wonderful pbj's for the kids. That is when I'm tired and I let my guard down. I am going to try to get to bed earlier; I think that will help me with my resolve to get back to losing. Also, I'm going to try to pack the lunches as soon as we get home while the kids are doing homework. I have better resolve not to take "a little taste of peanut butter" at that time of day. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-07-2001, 08:20 PM   #29  

Default Hooray!

I lost 3 pounds since my last weigh-in 2 weeks ago. Maybe I'm getting back on track. I'm now 144.5 and have lost a total of 30.5 pounds.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:05 AM   #30  

Boy Lil that sounds like you got the right frame of mind. Good Ideas about making lunches earlier. You are doing great. I lost another pound yesterday. which total 66.8. I am hoping for another 4.8 before I reach lifetime which is the week after thanksgiving. My mom and I are trying to figure a way we can alter her famous lemon merange pie. It is my favorite but there is only 2 of us that eat it. Looking at this as lifetime decision I cant foresee not having this pie again so we are trying to making it a little different. Some thought are using free whipped cream instead of the merange or a low fat graham cracker crust. I will let u know.
Closed Thread