Week 1 - Sunday 12.3

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Good morning!

Thanks Lori - weigh in showed a loss of 4.4 for the 1st week.
    I'm thinking that since my weigh in days are Sundays and coincidently that would be New Years Eve I'll take a look then that week at where I started and my weekly weigh-in's to see how much progress has been made by that time. As long as it's a loss; I'll take it!

Hope the party went well and I'm sure it was a success!

Ali - how are things where you are ? Life slowly taking on some sort of normalacy (sp?) ? Or are you and Lil G still adjusting to each other's schedules ? You know ... being a girl ... it's all about her.

Quiet Sunday here ... I'm still putting off a paper that's only due ... oh Tuesday.
    And I have another due in the next few weeks too.
    BF has his championship hockey game tonight ... I'm his biggest fan.
    This week I'll start to use the treadmill again - walking and I'll bring myself up to running again in the next few weeks.
    Next Sunday we are having breakfast w. Santa where I work; I finally made a reservation for my own family this year and this coming Saturday I am hosting my annual Christmas Cookie Exchange party. So a few challenges ahead of me this week. Nothing I can't (try to ) handle!

Have a great day all ~
  • Wow-4.4 is fantastic! i am so jealous! I want to be that committed!! I'm sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when you peek at your weight on new years!! Good luck with your challenges this week. I'll weigh in on Tuesday, I think. That's my usual meeting. Ali where are you? Come out and play everyone!

We had jen's 1st birthday party yesterday-I did ok but there is lots of extra cake that has to be gotten rid of....today our town did it's town wide holiday thing-we went to see Santa and to a Petting Zoo. We are skipping the tree lighting though b/c we want to get our own lights up!!
  • Hey-where is everyone?? I'm lonely!
  • Wednesday Slump Day ...
    Hey Lori ... I'm here ... I had a 15 page paper and presentation due so I worked on it all day Monday and had it ready to go for Tuesday. I. hate. papers. And presentations ... ugh. I get so anxious ... which doesn't help my eating.
    So needless to say I've not been that committed. I need to commit myself. Hahha.

Jeez - remember when this board was hopping w. so many different people ... I almost couldn't keep up w. the responses during the work day! Let's get this party started again!

How's it going out there ? I'm hoping to get a tree and decorating done this weekend; and I have the Holiday Cookie Exchange on Saturday; I have 1 paper and 1 exam to go and I'm done for this semester. Woo hoo! The sooner I'm done with school the better.

My son presented his list to me to mail to Santa. It's almost foreign to me. His handwriting is terrible ( I hate to say it ) but he's a lefty and not a very patient when he writes.

Have a great day!
  • I have been slacking... My weight is pretty stable, but I wish my eating was better. I have been exercising fairly consistently though!

I have so much to do before Christmas!! I can't wait though!

Cheers!

Ali

• What a cutie she is !!!! Ohhhhh .... I just want to squeeze her!
  • Hey guys-I am here! i am exercising more but eating is crap due to holidays and DH's birthday/DD's birthdays this week. Hoping to hang in there and lose a few more by Christmas-am going to Chicago over New Years to see family and friends that haven't seen me in over a year and I want to be thinner!!
  • Hey guys! I was e-mailing Ali and she told me that there were some familiar faces - remember me?? Wow, this whole thread is now a bunch of old-timers!

I am now pregnant with baby #2 - 19 weeks along. My daughter, Eve Madeleine Lily is just about 18 months now, so I'll have my hands full. I am looking forward to getting back on the wagon post-pregnancy. I wasn't back to prepreg weight prior to this pregnancy, but then I lost 9lbs my first tri-mester, just from the sheer morning sickness!!! I still have it, unfortunately, but such is life.

Lori - last time I heard from you, if I recall, I think you were pregnant! Holy cow, it's been a while! Looks like you're doing well losing the preg weight.

Deb - you go girl! You are obviously in the right frame of mind!!!

Well, I better go do some work. Adios amigas!!

Paula (Belle)
  • Hi Belle! Congratulations! Sorry about the morning sickness-I had it until 18 weeks with my second-she is a year old today. I am stuck at the pre preg weight i started at for her-guess it is good i'm not ending up even higher with each one!!
  • Hey Lori - happy birthday to your baby! Are you guys having a party? We let Eve have her own cake, stripped her to diapers and let her have at it - it was a good time (required quick bath after though - she had cake in her little bum-crack! Hee hee).

I would be happy with a pre-preg weight at this point! I am trying to be good during this pregnancy, and I really don't eat much more - but the exercise is really tough with having a full time job and a toddler, eh? I find once Eve is in bed, I am half asleep and must go right to bed. I am lucky if I can throw in a load of laundry at night...

Well, I should head off to get some work done.

Enjoy the week before Christmas all of you lurkers (in case I don't get back before then!).
  • Hi Guys:
    I'm a major blast from the past! Ali your little one is so beautiful!!! I concur with Little D Squeezage is highly necessary. I had Gastric Bypass in September and have lost as of yesterday 40 pounds. I'm almost into Virgin Fat Territory. It's definitely different and don't even think of turning to food in a crisis or you'll have an entirely different one on your hands!
    Hope you're all well! and if you don't mind I'd like to come back to posting wiht you guys!
    Love
    Kier
  • Belle-it is really hard to exercise-I am so tired too-working with two little ones leaves me little time for myself-but I tell my patients they need 30 minutes of exercise per day, so I am trying to do that too. Kier-Gastric Bypass-wow! I didn't realize you were in a place where you needed to do something so serious. Glad the weight is coming off for you! Congrats on the virgin fat!!
    I've actually started on the Biggest Loser Website-the workouts and recipes/diet plans are great. i am combining that with WW-we'll see how it goes...
  • Hey Lori!
    How is the BL website I loved the show!
    as for the WLS my BMI hit 40 I turned 30 and when you have CP that's pretty much the make it or break it time aka my body was getting OOOOOLD like "do i have to climb those stairs?" became "Can I climb those stairs?" It's no magic bullet but it definitely gives me a leg up
    Today is going to be wacky
    I have to go shopping for bonus gifts (my sis spent more than i did one more for MIL yadda yadda) Make a quiche make muffins more brownies and sugar cookies None of which i will eat
    get back before it rains (I'm scooting) and make myself pretty for a party
    I'm trying to get myself motivated!
    HAve a great day ladies
    and If i don't pop back before MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
    Kier
  • So, crap ... I had a post ready to go yesterday and *poof* it was gone !

What a blast from the past girls ... you made me giggle thinking back to the day !

Hello ladies and happy new year to all!

I look forward to you posting here in the days to come ...
  • Blasts From The Past
    Deb, Lori, Kier, Ali, Belle! Oh my gosh, the gang's all here--some of my favorite ladies from back in the day!

I can't believe how much things have changed since I was last active in this forum--so many moms! That's SO wonderful! It appears that all is well with each of you, and I'm happy to hear that.

I hope that 2007 is filled with countless blessing and beautiful things for each of you!

Jess