Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #139

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • G'day all,

Thank you for your advice re the bodysuit. I definetly would like to breath on the day so I was thinking something like a lycra. I will see what is available.

Ann sending lots of positive vibes from down-under for your dh's surgery. Look forward to hearing that all is well.

Karen nice to hear from you. I don't know of the strike you speak of but hope the problems will soon be resolved.

Trudy no doubt you had a nice afternoon with Slavika , I hope her computer is soon on the go again, I miss her posts.

Peggy what do you mean by 'the city is on curfew', what is the reason? Thank you for yet another moving site.

Did any of you see the speech the English Prime Minister Tony Blair gave last night? I thought he spoke very well and agreed with a lot that he said. The war thing is still very scarey but it is difficult to think of any other way to bring the Taliban regime to an end and then hopefully also deter the terrorists.
    I guess there are no easy answers but listening to Tony Blair did make me feel a little better. I am also pleased that things are kept a bit more secret, I am sick of journalists speculating what will happen next.
    Off my box now

Cheers
    Maria
  • Hi everyone,

Maria, it is good that your feet are on the mend. I know it has to be difficult to be sitting so much. That is the main reason I don't want to have the surgery that would help me. That + I just don't think my problems are that severe yet. I have some one piece garments that are not uncomfortable. I don't know if they are what you would call a bodysuit, but they certainly used to make me look nicer. I bought mine to fit my bra size and it was fine. I could move and dance and do everything while wearing it. The main problem was using the rest room because it has a hook and eye closure in the crotch. And trying to hook that sucker in the confines of a little cubicle with these arthritic hands wasn't easy. It wasn't as comfortable as being in a regular bra and panties but it was very tolerable. And I bought it to wear to my nieces wedding in August in Louisiana. I think you are wise to wait till December to buy it so it truly fits who you are then.

Tell Slavika we will be glad when her 'puter comes home from the hospital.

Karen, I am like you. As many people as are out of a job, now is not the time to strike. Not having insurance is a big deal right now. I hope it is settled soon and your DH gets back to work. However, union leaders don't always pay attention to the rank and file. Sometimes they just like to swing their weight around and aggravate management. The members should have been allowed to vote again under the circumstances. The vote taken back in August was under different conditions. What company is he with? I haven't seen anything about it in the Texas papers. I will start watching for it.

Have to go eat. Just got back from my First Place meeting. Can't bring myself to eat before a weigh-in.
  • Thank you Maria
    Maria:Glad to have a new thread. Time will tell whether you will like any type of one piece garment. If you have the oopotunity to try it on that should be the clincher.

Trudy:You just enjoy all the pretty fall colors for me. I'll use my imagination. Say Hi to Slavika.. Be sure to tellus all about the new baked stuff she is creating.

Peggy:Thanks for the site. I think that we need to keep remembering, and not get too complacent. The thought of some sort of war is not pleasant, but what happened on Sept. 11 was far from pleasant, and justice is necessary. I did hear part of Tony Blairs' speech. What I heard sounded good.

Karen:Sorry about the strike. I hope for your sake and your dh that it won't last long. Union bosses can sometimes get power hungry. That is just my opinion.

I'm with you Maria, about the need for more secrecy about what is going on. Why should we let the Taliban know our every move before we make it? But our news media would like to broadcast every little detail. WW2s' famous slogan was ' loose lips sink ships'. The live of all of our troops who will be taking on this assignment need not to be endangered by the 'so called' publics need to know. Now I'll get off my soap box.

Hi everybody. 'See' you tomorrow. Ann
  • Ann: Work......do not ask. Its been crazy. Vancouver is beautiful. Been there twice. It has impressed me both times. If you like fall colors, my trip to Colorado was awesome. Lots of fall. Truley beautiful. Was gonna post a pic. But ALAS. I dont have one with fall colors. They are in DH's cmera. Might get them back in 2005. Plese keep us posted on your DH.

Trudy: Sorry to hear about Slavika and her PC problems. Tell her Hello! Dont know how you Oranized, but here is me. I create a folder for Internet. Then under it I create folders for certain things, or sites. I place them all there. Might help might not. Im queen of organization on my PC. People hate me because of it.

Maria: I know nothing of body suits. I would wait and see how it fits. You could be ok. I have always hated being "binded" like that. The wedding should be for you to enjoy and relax. Not be uncomfortable.
    I didnt see the speech last night. sorry I missed it. I have been missing alot lately. Oh well...

Karen: Good to see you! So sorry about the strike. Its stressful thats for sure. Keep us posted on how things are going.

Peggy: The wedding you went to sounds beautiful! I would love to see Phantom of the Opera. Im sure it was an excellent play. Alas someday hopefully.

Night Night all!
  • Just came home from the Dr's. I had my 6 month cancer check up and she is sending me for a dexascan and a colonoscopy. I just can't wait. I did manage to lose 10 lbs since I was there in April. Queen Lily you are just too organized. We really need you to make house calls. Ann, I too, am certainly tired of the media telling everything they know all the time. They will do anything for a scoop. If I know that they have people in Afganistan looking I am certain that the Taliban does too. I did miss Tony Blairs speech but I understand it was excellent. Geri what a picture you paint of wearing a body suit. That was my chuckle for the day. Maria they had the city on curfew for a few nights because the judge dropped all the charges against the cop that killed that kid. The thugs in that neighborhood decided to start dumpster fires and then throw rocks at the cops and firemen when they came to put it out. They wanted him to get some jail time but the judge looked at the evidence and basically said that the kid shouldn't have been running. He was told to stop at 3 times before that. He also had 14 warrants out on him and the cop didn't know that they were for minor things. It was also 2:30 in the morning in a drug area. I have a lot of opinions but I will not voice them now. Hope that Slavika gets her puter back soon. Trudy tell her hi. Karen how is the strike going? Does your dh have to walk a line? See you all tomorrow, Peggy
  • ...I'm baaaaack
    Hi Everybody I picked up my computer after I returned from my day out with my friend. The reason I took it in was that it was crashing every 2 min it seemed. I would re-boot, everything would come back ok and then ....bingo....the "blue screen of death" would come back again. Then...........I would try the "3-fingered salute" and it would come back again, but ALAS it would crash again. They thought they might have to take "everything" off my hard drive but fortunately it didn't come to that. The repairman said, "I had a corrupt file in my start up file" (or something). Anyway, it appears to be ok. Thanks everybody for saying hi to me. Trudy kept me informed as to what was going on with you gals. Maria my thoughts on the bodysuit is this....breathing is a good thing. The first thing I do when I get home is take off all my "outside clothes" and put on my very comfortable "inside clothes" which is usually a big denim shirt with patch pockets (that way I can take my bra off too). I do put on shorts or jeans too.............. Geri your story was just too funny. I could picture the whole thing. Thanks for the laugh. Karen sorry your DH is on strike. This sure doesn't seem to be the time for the unions to call one. I hope it's over quickly. Peggy what is a "dexascan". I don't think I have ever heard of that before. Ann I'm sure your DH will be fine, but I know it's a worry for you. I too am sending along my good wishes. Lily I wish you lived close to me too, then maybe you could have helped me with my computer problem, then we could have gone for lunch instead of paying the Computer Store.
    Have a nice evening everybody.
  • Good to see you back on line Slavika I reckon the way computer companies charge would have paid for an airfare for me to visit, I may not have been able to fix it though

Not much news here, but I did get an email from dh that I thought I would share for a bit of a laugh, I hope it is received the way it was meant to.

An Australian man was having coffee and croissants with butter and jam in a cafe at Bondi when an American tourist, chewing gum, sat down next to him.

The Australian politely ignored the American, who, nevertheless,
    started up a conversation.

The American snapped his gum and said, "You Ozzie folks eat the whole bread?"

The Australian frowned, annoyed with being bothered during his breakfast, and replied, "Of course."

The American blew a huge bubble. "We don't. In the States, we only eat what's inside. The crusts we collect in a container, recycle them, transform them into croissants and sell them to Australia."

The American had a smirk on his face. The Australian listened in
    silence.

The American persisted. "D'ya eat jam with the bread?"

Sighing, the Australian replied, "Of course."

Cracking his gum between his teeth, the American said,

"We don't. In the States, we eat fresh fruit for breakfast,
    then we put all the peels, seeds, and leftovers in containers, recycle them, transform them into jam and sell it to Australia."

The Australian then asked, "Do you have sex in the States?"

The American smiled and said, "Why of course we do."

The Australian leaned closer to him and asked,

"And what do you do with the condoms once you've used them?"

"We throw them away, of course."

Now it was the Australian's turn to smile.

"We don't. In Australia, we put them in a container, recycle them, melt them down into chewing gum and sell them to the United States."

Why do you think it's called Wrigley's mate?

Cheers
    Maria
  • Funny joke, Maria. Of course if I were to tell it, the Austrailian would be a Texan, and the American would be a Yankee. Remember, Karen, et al, that I am originally from Buffalo, N.Y. so I can tell Yankee jokes.lol. Of course when I lived in Georgia the Autrailian would have been a Georgian and the American would have been an Alabaman. When my brother tells it (and I will have to send it to him) the Austrailian will be a Cajun and the American will be a Yankee. Thanks for a good laugh. I needed one today.
  • Maria Funny joke. I needed a laugh. My computer is still crashing so I will have to take it back to the computer repair place tomorrow. RATS!!!!
    Bye for now all.
  • Maria I loved your joke. Needed a good laugh today and you supplied it. Slavika so sorry about your computer. Maybe Lily could make a house call since she is closer. A dexascan is some kind of a bone scan for osteo. You go into an mri type thing so she said. I just don't want my head in there or I will panic. I have to check today to see if my insurance covers it. Time for morning walk. Peggy
  • Maria great joke! Wish I could use it in a meeting. But some how I just don't think I dare

I was just checking in quick . Some one asked where my husband worked. He works for the state of Minnesota. As far as I know there has been no more talks. My Wednesday evening meeting is held in a state run Technical School building. I felt so guilty going in last evening a little like a trader.

Now our Gov. Jesse is mad at the world because he was criticized for leaving the state for a few days while all this strike business is going on. Some times I think someone needs to pound some sense in his bald head!

Just dumped a bottle of color on my head so got to go wash it out. Talk to you all later.

Karen
  • ...LABELS..
    Do the labels on clothing irritate any of you? I have to take all the labels off my clothes, because they scratch up my neck and make me miserable. I think the thread they sew the labels on with must be bullet proof too, it is so hard to pick the stitches out. Too bad they don't sew buttons on with that thread, we would never lose a button again. That is my beef for today.
    Sorry Slavika won't be around for awhile. Last night I was on the PC for awhile and my MSN kept on informing me that Slavika was logging on.... now she never turns her PC off so I knew she was crashing....big time. She is also heading off to her friends cottage for the Thanksgiving weekend, so we might not see her till Tuesday.
    Maria..the joke was funny.
    Peggy ... I had a bone scan for Osteoporosis, but didn't know what it was called.
    It is cool and windy here today, not good! Makes me think it is time to put away the summer clothes and bring out the woolies. The high today is supposed to be 10C/50F and I notice that Geri will have 30C/86F.... It is supposed to get warmer for the weekend...I hope that is true.

Bye bye...
  • Trudy I hear you about the labels. Every once in a while I get one that drives me nuts. It happened at the wedding Sat nite while I was in church. I think it is that plastic thread that they use in some clothing. Is this your Thanksgiving weekend? What do you all cook? We are going to get that cool Canadian air over the weekend. Supposed to be in the 50's. It is perfect today. My son just bought his cousins Mustang convertible. I got the first ride in it. We had the top down and it was perfect. I will have to be extra nice to him so I can go cruisin' around in it next spring. He is parking it for the winter. Karen I forgot that Jesse was your governor. I have a friend that thinks he is cool and would like to him be president. I don't think that I can picture that. See you all tomorrow,
  • ....I'm here

Hi Everybody my Son called the fellow who owns the computer shop (a friend of his) and told him to 'PLEASE" fix his Mother's computer himself. Well he did and it seems ok so I sure hope it stays that way. The fellows at the shop are very nice and I understand from my Son that sometimes the problem is just difficult to find.
    Speaking about labels Trudy they drive me crazy too.

A couple of days ago when the little Princess was over she said to my DH, "Papa, please cut the label out of my sweater because it is drving me crazy, and really bugs me.
    I bought the Princess a "princess gown" at the Disney store. It is in a lovely yellow, floor length, with net over the skirt. I also bought her a little crown and a "magic fairy princess wand". I ironed the dress, and added a few little pretty things to the gown like ribbon bows and and a pretty little flower that gathers the net in the front of the gown. I am probably more excited about this little halloween costume then she will be. I went to her "apple party" at her school today. The little ones could invite "guests" to lunch, on things like apple pancakes, apple crisp, sliced apples and cheddar cheese, and apple pie. It was fun.
    Hi to you all, and hopefully my computer will still be in operation tomorrow. Night all.
  • G'day all,

Trudy I agree with you about the tags but the thing I hate even more is those plastic 'thingies' that they use to attach the price label to a garment. If you try and pull it off you can damage the garment so you always have to find some scissors to cut them Very annoying.

Slavika Lets hope your computer stays up and running, how annoying. I noticed Trudy said you use MSN message service, so do I and I often talk to my dd, dh and ds via this medium, I think it is excellent.
    When we are out of the country it is even better that we can communicate without getting a huge phone bill

Peggy I have had a similar scan like you mentioned. It was at the time I had breast cancer and I had to have so many tests to ensure the cancer had not spread. I thought it was great that all those tests were done but at the same time found it scary in case something was found. Luckily all was well.

It is a coolish day here today. Today has been named as 'walk to work day'. DH set off early this morning and thought it would take him at least an hour but I got a call 45 minutes later to say he had arrived and had enjoyed the walk.
    I am starting to get all sorts of strange sensations in my feet, I hope that is a good sign and the body is telling me its healing.

Have a great day all
    Cheers
    Maria