Old 11-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #46  
Thursday Lady

Greetings,
I wrote a long post yesterday but one of those "pop-ups" came onto the screen. It wouldn't just go away without clicking on it to look at it. I was NOT going to do that. Finally, I had to abort the whole thing.

No time for a long one this morning. I have my ob/gyn visit in an hour. Thrill! not.... My original dr. had to retire because an auto accident hurt his arm. The ob/gyn that took over isn't "my cup of tea." He walks in talking and won't shut up. You have to almost yell out to get to ask him something. Why oh why would he act that way????
Maybe he thinks this puts you at ease. It just so frustrating.

Talk to y'all later.
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:42 AM   #47  
Texas Jewelry Designer

Talking

Mornin' Tina ~ Hope your annual visit goes well, as well as it can.
It sure is quiet around here today. Guess everyone is busy.
dazzleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:06 PM   #48  
Thursday Lady

I made it through my exam! (Next month I have my mammogram.)
Dee, thanks for the information about the artery in my arm. Some day I'll try again to take my bp.
Dazzle, yes, I read about you living near Abilene. I've been trying to figure out where you do live. It's great you get to go see your family during the holidays.
Susan, how is your dad doing? How are you doing, my friend?
Sis, are you still reading and not posting!! Maureen, let us hear from ya.
Jody, what's up with you???
Tammy, isn't this your day off? I hope you're treating yourself with something nice---sleep, maybe.

I'm going to treat myself this afternoon with something from Starbuck's. Hey, I can use some of my flex points.

Old 11-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #49  
Leeann Thurston

S/C/G: 206/184.8/140

Height: 5'5

Happy Wednesday to you all. I am still battling a sinus infection but on the plus side, food don't taste so good, so I am not so hungry. I hope I loose something tomorrow.
Tina-good luck on the mammo. They are no fun either. I used to have to get one every 6 months but finally graduated to only having them yearly.
Dazzle- thank you so much for the devotion. You are so true when you said that we are never alone. I actually have a "Prayer Closet". It is a closet that has a rocking chair, soft instrumental music, soft light and a fan that I can go into and get away from the world. Maybe one day if any of ya'll come to Tampa, you can come and see it. It is my favorite place.
Well I hope everyone is a loser tomorrow. I am glad to finally have some friends that I can talk to.
mslee514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #50  
Thursday Lady

Leeann, I'm so sorry about your sinus infection. Not being hungry is a plus, though.
Take care of yourself.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #51  

I am not going back to the WW meeting. Since I am currently following the Dr.'s advice. But I will still weigh in at home on Thurs.

Hope this works.

Leeann, sorry about your sinus infection. Hope your better super quick.

Tina,
Why don't you find a new GYN? You shouldn't put up with someone that makes you uncomfortable. My OB/Gyn retired to have kids and her partner was an horses behind. So I found a new one, and he is wonderful!!!

Susan, how about a little update?
Mom4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:06 PM   #52  
Thursday Lady

Dee, would you believe, the dr. was better today. He didn't talk as much and he answered my questions. I guess I've stayed with this guy because my ob/gyn thought he was good and recommended him.
Since I'm past having children, I only see him once a year.
Thank you for your concern.

Good luck to everyone at your weigh-in.

(I got a flu shot and now my arm aches. Poor me.)
Old 11-08-2006, 08:58 PM   #53  

I honestly think we are all related in one way or another on here. I went to the doctor today, and he scolded me because I have a nasty sinus infection and I didn't come in sooner. I also got a flu shot. He was happy because I was down 11 pounds since I was there last.

Dee, I'm with you on thinking of lowcarb meals. I have a couple of cookbooks that help out when I want that kind of meal. Laundry is a never ending battle, isn't it?

Dazzle, the devotional was right on the mark. Thanks for sending it. I do not do crafts, and I have several friends who do. They always make fun of me. Going home for Christmas sounds so nice. I've always lived in Ohio, and my brothers both live nearby.

Tina, I go to my gyn. the end of the month. I don't know what I'll do when he retires. I've been going to him for at least 20 years. We've grown old together. lol He's a year older than me. His daughter and Tim are the same age. This wasn't an off day for me, but we did have a 2-hour delay because of fog. I'm going tomorrow instead of Friday. We have meetings all day on Friday, and I'd rather be there when the kids are there.

Leeann, I love the idea of the Prayer Closet. In the summer, I sit on our enclosed porch on the glider. It is so peaceful there. We just put a small heater out there, and I think I'll be able to use it quite a few more days. Not when it gets bitter cold though!! I just might get to Tampa some day since my husband's brothers live there.

Hope everyone has a great weigh in tomorrow!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #54  

Ok, everybody needs to get healthy. NO MORE SINUS INFECTIONS!

I reeeally need to start my Christmas shopping. I haven't started. UGH!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #55  
Thursday Lady

Morning,

Dee, going to a WW meeting might give you inspiration. Don't let using another way of eating (notice I didn't say diet) stop you from going. I always feel better after a meeting.
Christmas shopping---I was thinking about when I woke today. I have no idea what anyone would like.
Of course, David would like a job. Oh, Oh, Oh, he did an interview on Tuesday. They want to fill the job by tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed that he's the one.

Tammy, how does your arm feel about the shot? Mine is so sore! I felt feverish during the night and had to take a Tylenol. I hope yours didn't bother you.

What is everyone doing today? Be sure to drink that water.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:48 AM   #56  
Leeann Thurston

S/C/G: 206/184.8/140

Height: 5'5

Well Happy Thursday to all.
Tammy, If you every come to Tampa, let me know and we can get together for lunch or dinner (Applebee's of course).
I am off tomorrow, I have physical therapy and a follow up with my ortho on 2 of the MRI's. I hope all is well. Well as far as the flu shot is concerned, my job at WellCare is offering it free to all the employees. I have never gotten one and am not sure if I want to start. I have always been scared that if I got the shot, I would be the one to get the FLU. Oh, I decided to keep Kristi out of school tomorrow and just have a mom and me day. We haven't had one of those in a long time and I figured we are due.
I weight in at 12 so I will let you know how I did. Hopefully I lost something.
Tina: I will pray that David got the job.
Tammy: you copy cat. You just want to be like me...lol. I hope you feel better.
Dee: If you stop WW meetings don't stop keeping us informed. I really think I am doing so good because I feel like I have to answer to each one of you and that helps.
Talk to you in a little while to let you know how I did at weigh in.
mslee514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #57  

Tina, I hope David gets that job! My fingers are crossed!! My arm is sore, and I didn't go to school today because my temp was 101 this morning. It was up a little last night. I never even thought about it being from the shot until I read your post. I've been drinking plenty of water. I'm getting much better at that. lol I wrote down a few things to get for Christmas gifts for friends, and I have ideas for Tim. No ideas at all for Bob. Not a clue! Last year we went to GA for Christmas and that was our gift to each other.

Leeann, this was my first time getting the flu shot. Bob gets them almost every year. I figured I was immune to everything since I'm around so many germs at school all the time, but yesterday my doctor recommended that I get one.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #58  

Fingers crossed for David!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #59  

Hi gang! Bob and I are taking off later today for Michigan. He doesn't even know where we are going. I just told him to pack some comfy clothes. We're staying about 30 miles from the Henry Ford Museum in Detroit, so I want to go there Sat. or Sun. I also want to go to a Christmas shop that we've been to before. I just decided last night to do this. I was hoping Bob would go for it, and he said it's fine. He's doing leaves (again) at the other house. I imagine he swears at my dad everytime he is there because of all of the trees my dad planted. lol

I thought while we are gone, we can do some Christmas shopping. Tim said he wants the movie War and Peace. He read that last year over Christmas break. I started it and didn't even get past the first 20 pages. Yuck! Maybe the movie will be better. I checked on Amazon, and they have the version he wants for about $9. I think I can afford that.

If I don't get back on here before we leave, everyone have a great weekend!!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:10 AM   #60  
Thursday Lady

Friday again and it's a beautiful day!

Thank you for all the positive thoughts and prayers for David. He hasn't heard back yet from that job interview. However, early this morning, he got a call from another place wanting him to come in for an interview next week. Wouldn't it be great if he actually had a choice of places!
(He's been out of a job for 5 1/2 months now.)

Still don't have my scales but I feel thinner. I'm thinking about going to a Walgreen's and using one of the scales they're selling. I know it would'nt be that accurate, but I'd have some idea of how I'm doing.

p.s. Just read what you said, Tammy. Have a great trip and be sure to get each of us a gift.