Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #169 Bale of Turtles Working Hard

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 10-06-2006, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Friday all!

It is a beautiful fall day here... in the low 40's this morning but supposed to warm up to the 60's this afternoon... and it is sunny and clear out... they are calling for a wonderful weekend and that is a good thing...

We are going to tackle the cleaning of the garage this weekend so that should be fun! Bob Seger he is coming to town in November so I am going to be on line Saturday morning trying to get tickets to his show... very excited... love Bob Seger!

Ariana: I normally don't get to excited about a week either but I am ready to see a drop again so I guess that is what is making me nervous about W/I this week. I understand about skipping a W/I once in a while, I have been known to do that also

All: Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!
Susan
Old 10-06-2006, 10:36 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Check out the last posts on 168 because there's a lot of good information there.
Chris, As far as biting and kicking toddlers and little kids, I'm at a loss but Super Nanny on TV has amazing ideas that work with the worst little kids I've ever seen. Give it a shot because she does great work and harmonizes a household.
All goes well here. I'm over my momentary hissy fit about gaining even though I worked so hard last week. Had so many social occasions and even opted out of a few offers so I could stay in check. Yesterday I ate more than I wanted and had to have a chat with myself telling myself to stop it and get back on track today. Although we don't have plans for theweekend, I think we'll be getting over to my daughter's house to help out and visit with the grandbaby. He sure is an active little guy.
I wish you all the best. I know I have purposely skipped a WI here and there when I knew I would see a gain. Now that my scale's in the closet, I'm not exactly sure what I weigh anymore. For those of you who skipped WI this week, good for you because you are the expert of yourself. Good luck with figuring out the exercise and food intake that leads to fitness and a weight loss. You guys are the best!
Happy weekend everyone.
Judy
Old 10-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #4  

Good afternoon, ladies!
Old 10-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hey ya didn't lose me this time. LOL.

Anyhow, I had a busy day today. Took my SIL to her doctor appts and then to the prosthetic place, and to Target to get her prescriptions, then pick up the kids at school, pick up hubby's parts from the parts warehouse, drove out to SIL house and took care of her cats...now I'm home finally and need to make dinner.

Okay..I'm fessing up . I haven't done good with eating today at all. I'm not going to overload at dinner so help me!

chris
Old 10-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Stayed the same at my w/i this week & was alittle disappointed since I was very good & this weekend is Thanksgiving so that will be a challenge but hopefully should have some sort of loss next week.

Lots to do this weekend, so just stopping by to say Hi & have a great one!
Old 10-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #7  
Chick

Dear Turtles,
I think there is a weight loss conspiracy against the turtles! Have you noticed how, even doing well, we are not seeing the weight loss on the scale?
It has affected every one of us. Hmmm. We've got to get to the bottom of this. I'm sending : to all of us to see a weight loss on the scale this week. It's difficult to keep on doing the right thing and then not get rewarded on the scale. Okay, I understand TOM, fluid intake, muscle build-up, looser fitting clothes, etc. but I admit I have to see the weight go down too!
Bandit, Happy Thanksgiving! I saw it was coming up on my calendar because my calendar features both USA and Canadian holidays. Do well, be well.
here's a to help you along.
Chris, you're doing a lot right now, but just think--even though I wasn't clear about starting the new thread, you keep right on track. Yay for you.
Things will get better, I promise.
Ariana, good afternoon to you. Have fun on your coffee date. Sounds very
Princess, glad to see the good weather returning. Perfect day for cleaning out the garage! I do flylady.net and am so much happier now that I've got a simple routine that I can follow. Before I spent a lot more time cleaning and I was a lot less happy. LOL.
Weather here was supposed to be sunny and cool. Well, they've got the cool part right. I'm looking forward to today to catch up on the things I want to get done.
Take care, do well, and keep on keepin' on.
JUdy
Itryharder
Old 10-09-2006, 11:18 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Monday all!

Well W/I went really badly... not sure what happened but the scale had me up 2.4.... so I have looked at the whole thing and I see a few areas that I can improve on so that is my game plan...

Busy but productive weekend... I have to run but will check back in later on.

Susan
Old 10-10-2006, 08:08 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Slow thread and yes I've been super busy. Today wasn't too bad until Cole chucked his toy box lid at Conner after Jen got home from work, and right before I needed to pick Tiana up from school. She had to run him in and he's got 3 stitches above his eye and one nasty black eye. I'm thinking Cole had better hide his rear end from his dad when he gets home from work because I don't think much of its going to be left. It was BAD!

You'd all be proud of me. I actually went to the gym last night and did 15 min of elliptical, 25 treadmill, 45 crunches, and some stretching. My back felt so good after having a nice stretch. LOVED IT! Now if I could just keep up with it. I need to get a handle on this. I love to get up and move but just don't have much incentive to.

The weight loss conspiracy better bug off! Let's whip its little butt and bulldoze it and get on with our "losing".

Chris
Old 10-11-2006, 10:21 AM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Man, I can't believe Princess went up in weight. Something's definitely going on here. I'm glad you noticed some places that might benefit from tweaking and will work on that. In the meantime I'm sending : to you and to all of us for perservering even when the times get tough.

I am avoiding my WW WI today. It makes me sad to do this, but I can't face a gain on the scale, am sure I will be up, have had a totally poor week, and have started again to do the right thing for myself, good health , and weight loss.

Bandit, sorry you : didn't budge. Not fair! Here's to a much better week for all of us.
Chris, holey moley--the drama never stops at your place. Here's to help you feel valued and appreciated as you get through these tough times.

Good wishes to all. Ariana, how did your coffee date go?
Turtles--let's do this!
Judy
Old 10-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #11  
Focus on the Process

So far, its a quiet day around here. I''m liking that. It's kind of spitting snow a little outside too. One of those dreary days I guess. I have homework to do but THank God, not much of it. Well, less than usual anyhow.

I think I will walk on my treadmill tonight. No gym because I have to lead a chat online for my accounting group at school.

Check back in a bit. Did we tell that weight loss voodoo to take a hike yet???

chris
Old 10-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #12  

Good afternoon, ladies. I had a good weekend, the coffee date turned into dinner really, and it was okay, but just okay. Saturday I saw "The Illusionist" with my friend Lisa (great movie), and then we went to dinner. I think I did pretty well, but I did miss my fourth workout due to being unwell part of the week, so we'll see. Work is okay, very frantic and stressful. I'm ready for the weekend already! Maybe I'll take Friday off.

Bandit -- sorry you maintained. Uh...isn't thanksgiving *next* month? (Then I read Judy's post.) OH! Canadian thanksgiving. Gotcha...

Judy -- I don't know what's going on either with all of us. I know what you mean, inches lost, etc. is nice, but what we all really want to see is numbers going down on the scale. Thank you, Judy. the date was ok. Sorry you are having such a rough week. But you can get back on track -- I have faith in you! (Besides, I really think it is okay to avoid a WI if you don't do it often -- maybe, once a quarter?

Princess: sorry about the weight gain. I think you have a good attitude, looking at your strategy and seeing what can be improved.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

I'm back and counting down the last 30 min of my wonderful day of babysitting. I had to take my SIL to a dr appt again and then to the grocery store. My back hurts pretty good from hoisting her wheelchair into the back of her truck all the time. I don't know what to do except baby it along. There just isn't anyone else to help her. After Kelly's suspension from work last week, he doesn't dare doing anything to jeopardize his job and their mom has emphysema and COPD...so...

Well at least I don't have to cook dinner tonight. My SIL is making us supper as a thank you for helping her out. That'll be nice.

Gonna go play a few games on pogo before Jen gets home.

chris
Old 10-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
What I know more than anything is that when I don't want to follow eating habits that lead to fitness and good health, I avoid this site. Well, I also know that doesn't work. I skipped my WI at WW's this week, but am detemined to go next Wed. This is only Friday. I dragged my scale out of the closet because not weighing didn't work. It read high, but in one day I am already better than yesterday. So far today has been good. So, today I am and all of us even if a *conspiracy* is out there undermining our good efforts. This is : to all of us for a : WI whenever we WI this week.
Please chime in, state your efforts, your problems, and how you're handling them. I'll see you all in onederland!
Love,
Judy
Old 10-14-2006, 01:39 AM   #15  
Focus on the Process

just flying by for now. I'll check back tomorrow. I've been stuck in homework overloead. Time to rest my eyes and brain. I just have this nasty feeling I'm going to be dreaming about algebra equations all night. No fun...need sleep.

chris
Closed Thread