3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Thursday Chatters for October (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/95039-thursday-chatters-october.html)

Mom4kids 10-26-2006 05:20 PM

:frypan:

There is a smilie for everything!

Tammy 10-26-2006 07:26 PM

I like Tina's way of thinking!!!! Too funny!!

Had some problems at the doctor today. I had to be there at 10 for the back injections at 10:30. They had problems with another patient, and I heard them talking to his family, which started making me even more nervous. The nurse saw how upset I was becoming, so she gave me a shot to relax me. I'm so glad she did. They didn't get to me until 11:45. I bent over a while ago to pick something up, and my back didn't hurt. I hope that's a good sign.

I bought a box of the lemon 2 point bars at the meeting tonight. They were $4.50. Are they that much everywhere? I posted on the WI thread, but I'll put it here too. Down 5 pounds! Thrilled isn't the word for it.

Tammy 10-27-2006 06:50 AM

Me again. I like the first couple of weeks at WW cause the scales seem to move in the right direction. I moved my butterfly again. I know I should wait until Thursday for the official WI, but I like the motivation that it gives me when I can do it whenever the number is lower. Still wish it showed 1/2 pounds, but I'll deal with it. lol

FRIDAY! I've been busier this week than I've been in ages because of the doctor's appointments on Tues. and Thurs.

Tim will be home for the weekend because of his fall break. I told him he needs to help me stay OP.

Rain expected all day again.
Have a great Friday!

mslee514 10-27-2006 01:17 PM

Hello everyone

Hello everyone. I decided to join this chat. My name is Leeann, I live in Tampa Florida (anyone else from here). I am married to a wonderful man of God named Patrick and have two overall wonderful daughters, Kristi (17) and Emilie(13). I joined ww because I want to have a breast reduction. I was already denied because of my weight. So I am going to do what it takes to get r done.
I have lived in Tampa all my life. I am trying to live through my daughters graduation. I can't believe how expensive it is. For anouncements and cap and gown it was $223.88. Next I have to pay for grad night and Cap & Gown pictures. I don't know how my parents did it.
I have been married for 3 years now to Patrick. He is truly my soul mate. We complete each other. There are alot of obisticles to get over with him and my daughter Kristi. The are so much alike and are always butting heads. She is more like him then her biological father.
I had my first weigh in yesterday and actually lost 4.4lbs:carrot: I could not believe it.
I can't wait til I can fit in to these two brand new outfits that I bought from Metro Style online. I bought them in what I thought was my size(16) and got very depressed when they both were to small. So I will post a picture when I can get in to them.
I really will need alot of support. I don't get much excersise because I have some hip,shoulder and foot problems. I have been taking the stairs more and park further from the stores so I have to walk.
Oh, last friday around 11:30 pm I put on my MP3 player with head phones and started cleaning and dancing. I am so glad my family was asleep because they probably would have commited me to a mental institution if they saw me. I know I looked stupid (especially since I can't dance) but when I was done I was covered in sweat and realized I was dance cleaning for 2 hours. My husband almost died laughing when I told him and my kids think I am a dork anyways but I actually had fun.
Well I guess I bored you all enough. I hope to get to know you.
Have a blessed day and week.

Tammy 10-27-2006 05:55 PM

Welcome Leeann!! I'm from Ohio. My husband has family in Tampa. We've been married 25 years, and we have a son, Tim, age 18, a freshman in college. We did ok with the graduation prices last year because Tim just didn't want the stuff, so we bought very little. You had a great weigh-in!! Keep it up. I just started back to meetings last week myself. I attend a water aerobics class at the Y two nights a week. I have arthritis in my knees and spine (just had injections in the back yesterday for the pain). I also have fibromyalgia, so I'm up and down with how I feel. Too funny about the dancing and cleaning!!

I am tired of the rain. Most of the day yesterday, all day today. Hope it stops. Too depressing.

I ate too much today. I haven't figured out the points yet, but I'm dreading it.

Mom4kids 10-27-2006 08:11 PM

Welcome Leeann, I am in Homestead!! I am married and have four children ages 13, 12, 6 and4. I have been on WW this time since July. I have only lost a few pounds, I am dealing with some body/health issues. I did WW before and lost 28 pounds. It really works. I run/walk for exercise. I am hoping to get a MP3 player for my birthday so I can dance/clean too! LOL.

I lost 1/2 apound. I was still sad about that because I have been so diligent about running/walking for the past couple weeks and was hoping that would do something. Oh well, there is always next Thursday.

Of course DH is working late again. He has to work tomorrow. We have plans to go out with friends, I even have the babysitter lined up. I hope he doesn't fudge this or :club:

mslee514 10-27-2006 10:06 PM

Well Dee remember muscle does weigh more than fat. If you are being a good girl and walking/running then maybe you should look at your inches also. I need to start walking more.
Tammy I can feel for you because I am currently in PT for shoulder problems. Actually the whole right side of my body seems to have broke. My shoulder, hip, wrist and even the big toe. Seeing an ortho and gotta get some MRI's to try to find out what is really wrong. The PT is killing me though.
Kristi(my oldest) went to Hallowscreem at Busch Gardens. She went with her friend. I don't celebrate Halloween. At church we have an alternative for the children so they can at least get candy. I like helping with that.
To everyone: Thank you for your support. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

Tammy 10-27-2006 10:07 PM

Dee, I love the smilies!! Maybe the running is affecting the loss? Muscle?? Hubby better be there for you to go out with friends. Tell him you have lots of friends to back you up!!

Tammy 10-27-2006 10:10 PM

Leeann, we were posting at the same time!! Great minds think alike, right?

We have Harvest Parties at our school instead of Halloween Parties. Most of the students are able to participate which is so much nicer for everyone. We have several students who can't do that either, so we always have an alternative activity for them.

Tina 10-27-2006 10:42 PM

Hi all,
Leeann, it's really nice to have you with us now.
Several of us are from Texas. Come over some time. ;)

Tammy, did Tim get home? I bet Kramer was happy to see him and probably won't let him out of his sight. How is Bob? I'm so glad you are able to bend.

It's cold and windy here. Brrrr.....

Maureen, Sis, Amy, Susan, Brandy, everyone----I hope y'all have a great OP weekend.
:flow1:

auntie 10-27-2006 11:07 PM

Hi,
What a week it has been!!!! I had a 2 day migraine! It hurt so bad yesterday that I put my head down on my desk during my planning period. If I had been stopped they would have tought I was drunk. I was in bed at 8.

Welllll, I met with the dietician on Monday or Tuesday. She said "you are not eating enought calories." She also said that I need to balance my meals and have 5 small meals a day. At each meal, I should have a grain, protein, milk and fruit/ or veggie. I really havent' been hungry this way either. She said I need to eat every 3-4 hours. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sorry I've been MIA. Having a killer headache put me out of commission for a couple of days. I think I told you I had to have Oksana, my cat put to sleep.

Hope everyone is well...... Hugs!

Tammy 10-28-2006 06:45 AM

Yes, Tim made it home!! Usually when I walk in the door, Kramer follows me around, but yesterday afternoon he followed Tim everywhere. They spent quite a bit of time playing last night. No wonder Kramer went to bed early!!

It has been cool and rainy here. I'm hoping for no rain today because we have some shopping to do to "winterize" Tim for school.

Susan, I'm so sorry about those headaches! I'm also sorry about the loss of Okasana. Take care sweetie!!

Tina 10-28-2006 08:58 AM

It's cold here this morning........Brrrr......
Okay, it's not freezing--not even down to the 40's....more like the mid 50's (don't laugh). That is way too cool for me. I'd do good living in the tropics. :lol:
Susan, I'm so glad you finally posted. My heart goes out to you over your loss. I'm always here for you, like you've been for me during my grieving period.
Everyone have a good day.
:flow1:

Mom4kids 10-28-2006 09:35 AM

Susan, I am sorry about your kitty. :(
Migraines are the worst. I'm sorry you were suffering. Hoping things are better for you.

Tina,
OMG it is cold there, It was 60 here and I was so cold. I moved to S. Florida to be warm.

Hence the reason I am so looking forward to going to Wright Patt, Ohio. :snow4: :nono:

Tammy, who is Kramer? Did you cook Tim something yummy?

Tonite we are doing sushi. How bad it is for you? I am not a big sushi eater, don't know much about it. Is any of it healthy???

Leeann, my friend took her kids to Disney for their Halloween Party, she said it was wonderful. It was totally kid oriented and safe.

Tina 10-28-2006 09:53 AM

Dee, are you having to permanently move to Ohio? Brrr....., if you are.
You and I would do good together.....no cold weather for us. :lol:

There are so many planned activities here for kids at Halloween. It's not "scarey" for parents like it used to be. Oh, I heard of one city that was rounding up all the sex offenders for Halloween night. Is that legal? I don't think so. (A good idea but not legal.)

Today I'm going to drink at least 8 glasses of water. Who else will do it, too?!?
:haphal: