3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   It's Tuesday....getting closer to the WEEKEND (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/9311-its-tuesday-getting-closer-weekend.html)

Belle2000 09-11-2001 09:39 AM

It's Tuesday....getting closer to the WEEKEND

Hello girls, its early here, only 7:30 adn I have been here for an hour already BOOH!!

I did good yesterday on points, but no exercise besides walking to work.

hello to Maria from Sweden!! That's cool that you found our site!!

Okay, gotta run right now, but I'll check in in a few...

Belle

TonyaLyn 09-11-2001 09:46 AM

Good morning Belle ~

Your such a trooper for being to work so early!

I also wanted to say "Hello" to Maria from Sweden!!

Not much new here. Working away!

Didn't get any walks in last night, was just too busy, but I am going to walk extra hard tonight!

Still journalling, not doing too bad.

Better get back to it....TTYL....

Kirsty 09-11-2001 09:57 AM

world trade center

i guess you've all seen the news about the planes being hijacked and hitting the world trade center...
i hope no one we know has been injured. it is such a terrible thing.
thinking of anyone who might have suffered a loss. i'll be back on later to talk more normally. i'm feeling quite shell shocked about the whole thing.
kirsty

Belle2000 09-11-2001 10:10 AM

Kirsty I have not heard this news, will check the news now.

YIkes, that is horrible news....

Janet R 09-11-2001 10:54 AM

We're all in shock. Nobody is doing much work today as we all huddle around our radios and worry about friends, family, and loved ones that live and work in the city.

As of now I have not been able to get in touch with my BIL and SIL who both work in NYC, though neither is in the World Trade Center. I do have friends that work in the WTC and I haven't heard from them yet either.

I am just sick to my stomach and on the verge of tears.

All bridges and tunnels into and out of the city have been closed, the subway has been shut-down, the phones are down in the ENTIRE city. Car bombs are going off in various locations... It surely seems like the end of the world is coming.

I just can't believe it.

Kirsty 09-11-2001 11:04 AM

janet, my thoughts are with you. it is really shocking. here in london everyone has stopped working. in the street people are all gathered round tv screens in shops looking at the shocking footage. it is so upsetting and surreal. we have staff in america but we can't get through to them to check. i can't believe how bad it is.

Sweater Girl 09-11-2001 11:19 AM

I am in shock over what has happened and am trying not to cry in the computer lab at school right now. I cannot believe what has happened. This is so sad and tragic and so unnecessary. I cannot get to any of the major news sites on the net due to the fact that I am sure they're all jammed with people trying to get on and find out what has happened. I pray for the people, the families and the security of the world, no matter what.... this is scary.

Take Care

Ali

Kirsty 09-11-2001 11:28 AM

this website seems to work a bit more than the others.
www.ananova.com
but it makes depressing reading.

StaceyT 09-11-2001 11:31 AM

my ears are glued to the radio

There is actually talk about sending people home in downtown Oklahoma City.
Janet: I'm praying for you and everyone you know.
Ali: I'm kindof stunned myself.
Kirsty: thanks for your concern. I didn't want to get on the internet but couldn't resist.

I have to listen to a press conference (local) now.
Thinking of everyone,

Lollybird 09-11-2001 11:47 AM

People, I don't even know where to start. I am at home in front of the BBC news so I have everything as it happens. I hope Sarah is OK, doesn't she live in DC? Janet, I thought of you right away, it was good to "hear" your voice. All of you in the US and Canada, my thoughts really are with you. I heard it on the news in the Post Office of all places, and ran straight home.

There is speculation that there may be other attacks around the world. So far: New York, Washington, Pittsburgh, Chicago.

Ali, I was in tears in front of the tv and wishing I was somewhere with other people.

Kirsty - are you going home? Or are you far enough from the City?

I might go and see if anyone's about in chat.

thinking of you all,
Lolly
xxx

ps:- I lost 7lbs at WI this morning, though it seems a very long time ago now.

Kirsty 09-11-2001 12:01 PM

lolly - i'm still here. i am pretty far from the city and canary wharf. it's really upsetting news. i don't know what to say.
well done on the 7 pounds, although i agree it must feel very odd with respect to what is going on in the US. in a way i'm glad i can't see tv footage. just reading about it is shocking enough.
thinking of you all,
kirsty

Belle2000 09-11-2001 12:02 PM

To any of you in the US who may have some loved one in that horrible disaster, I send my love.

We are all in shock in Canada.

Belle

StaceyT 09-11-2001 12:07 PM

Awful footage...

The Today show (big NBC morning show) aired footage of Palestinians (sp?) celebrating regarding this morning's attack.
How awful is that???

Lollybird 09-11-2001 12:07 PM

Doesn't Kier work in New York? Or has she gone to Dublin now? Kier, if you're out there, give us a shout!

Kirsty - you're probably right about the pictures. I've seen the same ones over and over. I couldn't work so I went into the kitchen to make a veggie curry but I managed to burn it because I kept getting caught up in the news.

Kirsty 09-11-2001 12:32 PM

i think kierie headed to dublin last week.
stacey- i agree it is awful to celebrate someone else's death.
and there was me thinking things couldn't get much worse than adults throwing pipe bombs at 4-year-old children walking to school because they were of a different religion.
what is this world coming to? i feel really down about it all. quite a struggle not to cry in the office. i'm off for a stiff drink in a few minutes. my love to you all and speak to you tomorrow.
kirsty