Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 03:08 PM   #1  

Default FAB & FIT 40's AND 50's #182

Hi y'all.
Dianne,
Hope the weather is better. Can't wait to hear about the shower.

Es,
Did they take the polyp out right then? I am glad it went well. I didn't know you could drink gatorade with that. COOL!

Well we are cleaning the garage this weekend. Brandon wants to have band practice here tomorrow. What a job. It is mostly Bruce and the boys but I am supervising.
Brandon had his first game Friday, We played Mountain Brook (What a ritzy palce). Natalie Holloway went there. Those pics they showed of her in the flag corp, I recognized the uniforms.
He did really great. The band looked impressive. Big sound.

I'll talk to ya later.
Terri
Old 09-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #2  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Hi Girls

Terri, must be so cool having the boys practice right at home. They took the polyp out. The drink I had is something new.

How was everybody's Labor Day weekend? Mine was nice. Went to my brother's for a barbecue. Totally blew it but I'm starting fresh tomorrow. I started walking this weekend. It bothered my back a little but I'm not letting that stop me. I have to do something. I'm going to walk a 1/2 hour everyday, weather permitting. Once I get back into my exercise routine I'll feel better.

Well my friend's, back to work tomorrow. But it's a short work week.

Have a good evening.
Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 03-24-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Tuesday all!

Morning everyone... well W/I did not go as well as I had hoped so I really missed my labor day challange goal... missed it by a mile but I am up for a Thanksgiving Day Challenge and will try it again... I am just crawling along with my weight loss right now... bit by bit, like .6 and then a .8 but that is about as good as it gets... at least it is going down and not up. I have my finals posted in my signature line and will try and do better when I make my Thanksgiving challenge goal.

Had a really nice weekend here... got some cleaning done, a bike ride - 8.5 miles, and a cook out on labor day along with a birthday celebration for my oldest sons girlfriend. Full but satisfying weekend

E's: Glad it is over and done with... I know my turn is coming up soon for one of those also so I take strength that you don't act like it was too bad of an experience

Terri: The whole garage cleaning thing is something that I have to tackle here really soon but it keeps getting moved to the bottom of the list

All: have a very happy day!
Susan
Old 09-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #4  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi all

So my Labor Day Challenge was a BUST but I'm finally on track since Sunday and already lost 4 pounds! I love the first weeks results

Life is now slowing down FINALLY, now that the wedding is over. I'm trying to re-organize myself here at home. Jenna, Jimi and Rylea have bought a house so they will be moving out of ours and into their own. It's a little sad. I won't be coming home from work and seeing Rylea's smile EVERYDAY I won't be here to see her wake up on weekend mornings I won't be able to sit out by the pool EVERY NIGHT with her smile I suppose I should be smiling though......our lives here will get back to a routine because, since they've lived with us, it's been strained at times. I mean, it's hard when your grown kids move back home WITH additions. The good thing is that the house they are buying is only 3.6 miles away from us!! Better than the 1500 miles if they still lived in FL.....so, that said, I guess I should be right?

I am home today with a soar throat and headache.....my head is pounding right now but I wanted to stop in and say hi since I've been MIA.

I'll talk with y'all on the weekend.....weigh in is Saturday and I'm anxious to see how my first FULL week went

Have a great rest of the week and I'll talk to you's guys in a few days.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:29 AM   #5  

Default Happy Friday!

Zoe: Hope you are feeling better...

E's: How is your week going? Any plans for the weekend?

Terri: Did you get the garage cleaned out? Always a fun task!

Have to run but have a great weekend everyone!
Susan
Old 09-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #6  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

Susan, I had a good week. I lost 2 lbs. I started walking so I think that's helping. I know a slow weight loss is disappointing but after a few months it adds up to quite a bit.

Zoe, Rylea is so cute. I can see why you'll miss her. I would love waking up to her smile. Thank God they'll only be a few miles away. Hope you're feeling better.

I have a nail appt.

Till later.
Hugs,
Es
Old 09-09-2006, 11:42 AM   #7  

Mornin' everyone:

ZoeGirl - I know its sad to see them move out, but consider this.... you will now have the best of both worlds. They live close enough that you can go and get Rylea and keep her for the day or overnight and then give her back to her parents when you've had enough, lol. That's what we do - Willie's son lives next door with his kids and his daughter Lisa lives 5 minutes from us, so we can see them whenever we want and then go back home. I hope you're feeling better buddy.

Es, amiga - congrats on the 2 lbs loss that's great. Good going with getting back to walking. I have to get back to the gym, we haven't been in at least 2 weeks.

Willie and I went bowling last night, he kept saying he was gonna whip my butt, ha, ha, ha - no way did that happen, lol. I won. But I was amazed at how many young people were there ... I felt a little out of place. Then the music was like unbelievable, every other word was s--t, f--k, mother f----r. Wow, times sure have changed and I'd say not for the better. Anyway, it was fun and good exercise, and it got me missing my league days, so I'm gonna check out a fall/winter league and try to get back to bowling.

Hi Jen, Terri and Sandy (how's Mike's new job?) and Princess & bj. Hope you all have a great weekend. I took off this Monday again

Talk to you's soon.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:40 AM   #8  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hello

Amiga, bowling is a lot of fun. Times have changed for the worst. Have a great day off.

Weekends go by so fast. It's nice & cool today. Good walking weather.

Have a great day my friends

love u's,
Es
Old 09-11-2006, 06:57 AM   #9  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
Good loss the walking really helps, that's great. Hope you're feeling better each day.

Dianne,
Some of the music is so bad now. I miss bowling! Haven't been since my knees started acting up. Are you still on a league?

Zoe,
Hope you're feeling better. Having Rylea so close is a good thing. You'll still be able to see her as much as you like.

Susan,
All those losses will add up, you're doing great! And that's an impressive bike ride...the physical activity counts for a lot.

Terri,
I love reading of all your kids' activities. I miss all that...sometimes

Sandy,
How's everything? I made three batches of pesto with the basil from my herb garden, then froze it for the winter months. We're having a good crop of peppers this year; the tomatoes are so-so...but still plenty for the two of us.

Hope everyone has a great week!
~Jen
Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 AM   #10  

September 11, 2001 - 5th Anniversary.

All of our heroes, NEVER forgotten. God bless them, their families, New York, Washington, Pennsylvannia and most of all GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Old 09-11-2006, 02:40 PM   #11  

Well said Dianne!

Best wishes for a good week all.

Have to run but will stop back later to catch up with everone.

Susan
Old 09-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #12  

Default Happy Friday

I just wanted to do a quick stop by and wish everyone a great weekend... this is the weekend that DS and I do our bike tour so I am really excited and scared at the same time... I have never done anything like this.

Have a wonderful weekend and I will talk to everyone later on!

Susan
Old 09-18-2006, 10:35 AM   #13  

Default Morning all!

Well the bike tour went really well, we had a great time. DS and I did the 10 mile course in an hour so we were really happy about that and talked about doing the 20 mile tour next year.

Hope all is well with everyone... must be a busy time for folks.

Susan
Old 09-19-2006, 08:53 AM   #14  

Hello? Hello? Is anyone here?

Did someone move this thread and not tell me

I imagine that everyone is busy and hope that everyone is doing great!

Susan
Old 09-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #15  

Hi all. I have got to get back into things. I am letting everything go by the wayside. I clean and read. That is all. I can't avoid the computer. I am out of my habit of coming down here. I miss y'all.

Susan,
That tour sounds awesome. I would love that.
Great job. Good luck with the challenge. We can do it.
Our garage is almost done. Now Bruce and the boys will paint it. We are putting a freezer in it. Can't wait. Need the room.

Es,
Great loss. I am glad they took the polyp out. Hope your back feels better. Glad you are committed to walking.

Dianne,
I can't believe that they play that language in public. That is awful.
When I saw Nicleback at the Steeler celebration (family event) they used those words while greeting everyone and there was one song that they do that talks about a girl doing something sexual for the boy (Use your imagination ). I was so happy to see Bon Jovi.

Jen,
I love basil pesto. My favborite dish at Nothing but Noodles is basil pesto.
How are your kids and grandkids? How are the newlyweds?
My boys are busy with band. Busy, busy!!!!! Brittany is still working hard and going to school. She put her meteorology book on the roof of her car and drove off and lost it. One of our weatherguys from our CBS affiliate is her
teacher and he may get the same book for her from the head meteorologist if he'll give it up.

Zoe,
That is great that they are close. Best of both worlds is right. You will have a blast with her so close.
Great first week loss. Hope you are feeling better.

I am not feeling to great today. I hate this sinus stuff.
TTYL,
Terri
Closed Thread