Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 05:46 AM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Week of October 2, 2006

Morning all. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I worked so it wasn't all that great but what can you do?? The nice thing is that I have a week off, I have one day where I have to go in for an education session but still it will be nice to have most of a week off and an education session isn't even close to working a 12 hour night shift.

My 5 year old had his first hockey practice this past Saturday. He can't skate, there were about 5 kids altogether that couldn't. The one coach that worked with him was just amazing, so much patience and my son is carrying on and crying but so was one other kid so I didn't feel too bad. My husband was upset because he doesn't think our son should be crying but I keep telling him that the coaches know this going in, they've done it before, they've had other kids act like this so chill out. By the end of the practice he was barely standing on his feet and taking a couple of steps so I think he'll be skating in a couple more practices.

Otherwise it is pretty much same old, same old. What is everyone else up to?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:16 AM   #2  
Kimmy

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/130

Height: 5 foot nada

Hey Jen,

I know what you are talking about with 12 hour night shifts. I start my nights tonight and I'm already tired thinking of it...LOL

The coaches who dedicate there time to hockey especially 5 year olds know what they have in store for them. I guess that's why they pick the ones with more patience because they realize most of these little kids, coming into hockey for the first time, have NO experience at all about hockey OR skating. He will be fine after a while and hubby will feel better about it too.

Kim
Old 10-02-2006, 10:10 AM   #3  
WW online (pts plus)

S/C/G: 200/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Hi all.

Not much going on here. I'm feeling a little under the weather, just trying to get myself motivated to get going and clean the house today. I've done a ton of decluttering in the last few months, and planned to work on the storage room some more today, but I think I need to rest a bit today. Being up with the baby all night catches up with me every once a while!
Closed Thread