Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 03:43 PM   #76  

Dee, I have fibromyalgia and arthritis in my lower spine. Some days I feel great, and then there are those other days!!! The rain is really bothering me today, so we aren't going to the football game tonight. That would be just asking for trouble. Tim said he understood. He doesn't want to go either, but I think the band might need him. lol

I wish you didn't have to cut your hair!! since you cut your hair, I think you should buy a treadmill.

Bob's b-day was pretty quiet since it was just the 2 of us. I fixed his favorite meal -spaghetti. Tim was jealous. He wants that when he comes home the end of October. Bob isn't a cake eater, but he loves Mrs. Wicks sugar cream pies. I bought one of those. I don't know if you guys have those where you live or not. We pass the factory when we go to Muncie to see Tim.

We're going to Muncie tomorrow because the band is having a concert. Afterwards, we'll get together with Tim. We'll probably go out to eat, and he can give Bob his gift. He got him gift certificates to IHOP. That's where Bob always likes to eat when we're over there.

I'm going to talk to the 5th grade teachers this week and decide how to change my schedule. I just can't do 3 days in a row. I was aiming for T-W-Th since we miss M and F sometimes during the year, but I'm going to have to adjust it. I hate to cut back to just 2 days, so maybe I can go 2, stay home 1, and go another one. I have to think of my health.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:50 PM   #77  
Thursday Lady

That's a wise decision about your health, Tammy. And, I'm sure Tim will miss you today. Of course, it helps that you'll be there tomorrow. Bob will love what Tim gives him.
I know nothing about those sugar cream pies. Do they have flavors like lemon, peach, etc.?
We're not having any rain yet. It might tonight when a front comes through. It's supposed to lower temps into the 60's at night---very nice.
Our yard is getting really dry again.

I've drunk too many Diet Cokes today. I love that Perrier sparkling water---too expensive though. For the past week, I've drunk all my water. Guess my body is going on strike today.

Where is everyone????? Maybe if I ask that enough, someone will post.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #78  

Tina, I started the school year without Bob's blessing, and he is seeing how much I'm hurting. I told him that I'm thinking about changing the schedule, and he was thrilled! He did tell me that he is proud of me for even attempting it this year, since he knows I'm not always feeling the best.

Mrs. Wicks does have different flavors of pies, but right now I can only think of the sugar creme and pecan. Bob has taken them to Florida when he has gone down to his brother's house in Tampa. They like them too.

It has been raining most of the day, and it rained last night.

I had a Diet Pepsi earlier this afternoon. Quite tasty. I've also had water and Crystal Light lemonade. We have some wine in the refrigerator, and I'm seriously thinking about having a glass tonight. Maybe that would help with the aches and pains. Or maybe I wouldn't think of them if I had a glass!! lol

It's 6:00 and I have no idea what we are eating for supper. Bob isn't home right now. Maybe we'll have cereal. That's what I had for lunch. Kashi. yum.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:50 AM   #79  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone. Finally checking in. I haven't been online in a few days.
Yesterday I FINALLY had a really good OP day. I managed to stay between 20 and 24 pts. Plus I actually drank some of my water for a change.

Tina, my job is going pretty well. I am still having a hard time having to work every other week end but I will get use to it. Yesterday I was on the one part of my job that "KICKS MY BUTT!" It requires a LOT of lifting and stepping up 2 little stairs. By the end of the day I'm dieing and the next day I'm so sore. But that part only comes every other week or so. And I guess I can use the exercise.

I will be off a couple of weeks now cuz I have to have sinus surgery in my upper (forehead area) right sinus to drain it. The doc said that it is so full that it is starting to extend my sinus cavity. YUC! But I have to say if I don't feel to awful a couple weeks off will be appreciated. Maybe when I get a headache they won't be as bad after that.

We're getting a new puppy! I can't wait. A new little chocolate labby. We're going to call her Molly.

Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day and a great week. Take care.... Sis
Old 09-24-2006, 03:17 PM   #80  

Sinus surgery, my goodness, I hope it goes well. My good friend just had his done, but I don't think it was in his forehead. Best of luck to you.

Chocolate labs are beautiful! That will be sweet.

Tammy, sorry about the Fibro. I know two women with fibro, one doesn't work and gets disability, and the other works with me full time. She is such a trooper. Sounds like you are too!! I also applaud you for trying to carry on a job. Only you know your limitations, You go girl!!!

Are those zero point pies?

My hair will grown out some by the time I get to Wright-Patt.

I AM GETTING SOME SORT OF FITNESS EQUIPMENT!! You'll see.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:24 PM   #81  
Thursday Lady

Sis, I'm really sorry you have to go through surgery. Yuck! However, it will take care of the sinus mess. I wouldn't plan on feeling too good that first week. However, you can party the second week.
Your new job sounds like lots of exercise.
How many dogs will you have now? Molly is such a cute name.

Tammy, I think you should have us all up to your house for pie.

Susan, are you okay?

Old 09-24-2006, 08:20 PM   #82  

http://www.wickspies.com/

I think all of you should order a pie from Mrs. Wicks!! They really are delicious!!

sis, good for you on drinking the water and having a good OP day!! susan just had surgery not long ago, maybe you two can compare notes. Choc. labs are so cute!!

Dee, I worked almost every day at school last year, and I shouldn't have. I kept a heating pad and ice packs in my room. With the intervention postion this year, I don't feel so bad when I don't go. That probably sounds terrible, but at least I don't have to worry about getting things ready for a sub. I'm sure the pies are zero points!!! HA!

And just why are you coming to Wright Patt? Air Force?

Tina, anytime you all want to come up for pie, it's fine with me!! tim isn't here so someone can have his bed when you're here.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #83  
Thursday Lady

Thanks for the web site. i'd love a pie right now.
I'm having a difficult weekend, missing my Smokey lots. I ate way too much yesterday and today. I feel so bloated. I had lost but I think it found me this weekend.
Tomorrow it's back OP with all the water (didn't drink enought this weekend) and fruits & veggies.
How is everyone doing today?
Susan, are you out there ????
Maureen, where are you, girl?
Old 09-25-2006, 02:54 PM   #84  

Tina, I'd like to be there to give you a hug about Smokey. I would be eating too.

I just got back from the chiropractor. He asked if I had been moving heavy boxes and/or furniture. My back was pretty messed up all the way up and down. Usually it's just the lower back. He went through my chart and my upper back has never been like this. He was glad to find out that I'm only working a few days a week. I hadn't been to him since June, and he was wondering what I had decided to do. He promised me that I'd be sore for a day or so, and then I'll feel better. I sure hope he is right.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #85  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Tammy, I hope that dr. fixed your back up. I've never been to a chiropractor. I've never needed one. My friend swears by them.

It's a beautiful day and tonight will get down into the 50's. That will be a treat!
I've done really good OP today. How is everyone else doing?????

Old 09-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #86  
Susan

Hi,
I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth. Well almost but I'm hanging on.
Actually, I haven't been getting the notifications.

Tammy, I'll say an extra prayer that the house sells FAST! I'm sorry you've been hurting lately.

Tina, how are you Honey? Thanks for the email!!

I've been working out hard. I went through some testing at the gym and they told me how many calories I need to burn up and how long, etc..... I'm working out with the trainer twice a week. He makes me tired and wobbly when I'm done. I laugh going down the stairs because my legs are wobbly. I see him tomorrow. I didn't want to go today but I did!!!

I cancelled E Tools but now I'm thinking I shouldn't have done it. I think I'm going back on WW seriously.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:10 PM   #87  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Susan, it is good to hear from you. We were getting concerned. Even if you don't get a notice of a post-----come on in here anyway!!!!!! Okay!!!!??!!!

Boy, I gained 3 pounds over the weekend. I really splurged, didn't I! However, I'm going to get rid of those this week---maybe even take off another pound. See, I'm being positive.

Old 09-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #88  

Tammy, I pm'd you re: the Wright Patt thing.

I'm not liking Core, not totally sure yet. I am not getting the hang of it yet. I probably need some recipe ideas. Anyone doing/done Core?
Old 09-26-2006, 05:05 PM   #89  
Thursday Lady

there is a WW Core Board forum. It has recipes.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:01 PM   #90  
Susan

Can ya'll believe that it is almost October??? It will be here in a flash!

We have break next week. I was planning on going home but have doctor appointments. Boo!!!

I worked out with my trainer today. I decided that I don't like him He made me work HARD!!!! Actually he is a sweetie.

Tina, are you enjoying the cooler weather? I am! 3 pounds, I can gain in about an hour! I wish I lost as fast as I gained.

Tammy, what's new with you Sweetie?

Mom, I did CORE for a little while and I liked it but it was very limiting.

I'll have to go check out the receipe board.

Do ya'll know anything about the monthly pass that is going on at WW?
Closed Thread