Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 03:40 PM   #46  

Today I am at home with a million things to do, I am watching my friend's little girls. It was supposed to be couple of hours, but it may be longer. I fed them and now they are running amuk....and where is my dh? lounging in the recliner, watching college football....two teams I have barely heard of....I just want to flick him on the forehead.

I am looking at my house and it looks like a Cat 5 hurricane came through.

Tammy, we love Cabella's. They don't have them here, but we get the catalogues. I know we'd spend hours in there. Sounds like a nice quiet trip, enjoy. Congrats on your butterfly moving.

Tina, I'm sorry your house is quiet and sad.

Water? Water....wait it's coming back to me...oh yeah, I am supposed to dring that liquid....right. I suck at the water thing. I was doing so good for a while....
Old 09-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #47  
Thursday Lady

I have no idea what a Cabella's is. I guess I'd better look it up on the internet.
Now, now, Dee, water, that clear stuff that doesn't taste like a thing.
I don't envy you watching the children. Our son is grown and I know I couldn't do it again. (However, I wouldn't mind having grandchildren to spoil.)

Susan, where are you girl???????

Hope everyone is having a good day. We left the house this morning and went about 50 miles from here to an Outlet Mall. I love Mikasa. I bought a few small things. I must go back close to Christmas and get gifts. Then, we ate Mexican food. I'm so stuffed that I shouldn't eat another bite today.
Old 09-16-2006, 08:11 PM   #48  

Tina my dear,

Alas, with grandchildren come the babysitting.

I have four of my own kids then had 3 to watch today.....felt like I was in a zoo.

I promise that tomorrow I will start with drinking two 16.9 oz bottles of water minimum. (Hey, gotta work my way up...)
Old 09-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #49  

Dee, I couldn't believe all of the things at Cabella's! Of course, I don't hunt or fish, so I didn't know what most of the stuff was for. All we bought there was some fudge. lol How's that for staying OP?

We went to a Christmas shop in the same little town. Beautiful! I could have spent all my time there, but we arrived 30 minutes before the closed. I bought a Halloween ornament. Have you seen those S'more ornaments (marshmallows, choc., graham cracker)? They had one of those dressed as a ghost for Halloween. I loved it and bought it. bob thinks I'm strange. Also bought some Wind & Willow Bacon and Horseradish dip mix. It is yummy!!

Tina, does Larry hunt or fish? If he does, he'd love Cabellas! Check it out on the internet and see if there is a place close to you. It's worth it just to stop and browse. I want to go to the Outlet Mall!!!! I haven't been to one for a while. Maybe that will be our next trip!! We ate Mexican last night too! Yummy
Old 09-17-2006, 03:15 PM   #50  
Thursday Lady

A good Sunday to everyone,
It just showered here. I'm lucky not to have to water the yard. The sky is taking care of it.
I cooked the WW recipe, Beef and Noodle Bake. It's excellent and easy. You use hamburger, chopped onions, canned tomatoes, lasagna noodles and 1/2 c. of low fat shredded cheese. It makes 4 big servings, only 5 pts. each.

Tammy, I'd love to see that ornament! However, that bacon & horseradish dip mix sounds gross.
Susan, where are you?
Sis, how is that new job?
Maureen, are you all moved into your new place?
Amy, how are the kids?
Dee, is your house back to normal after the babysitting!
Jody, how is the coaching?
Mimi, are you still reading here? We miss you lots.

I didn't drink all my water yesterday and haven't made a good start today. Tomorrow!
Old 09-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #51  

House is never normal, but closer now that those other kiddies went home,lol!

DH hasn't been the best support on my weight loss journey, but lately he has been itching to eat healthier. I am thinking of switching to Core and giving him the approved foods list and the rules so that he can eat well when he is at work, what do you all think? I am not losing on Flex, so I thought I would give it a shot. Maybe my ticker will move

Tammy, I am so jealous....I bet it was neat, DH would flip out in there. We love to fish...

I promised to drink water...so off I go.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:38 PM   #52  

lol Tina, the dip really is good. I took it to my aunt's house for a get-together we had in August. It was gone so fast! What I bought will just be for Bob and me! They have lots of other flavors too, but they aren't the easiest things to find. I probably should have bought more, but I guess I can order more online. Here is the website that was on the card attached to the ornament. www.midwestofcannonfalls.com I don't know if it shows all the ornaments or not. They had a Frankenstein and Dracula too. We gave Tim one with a cap and diploma for graduation. He has some that look like scouts too.

That recipe is one that I know Bob and Tim would like. Maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime. Bob and I didn't exactly watch our intake over the weekend, but we did lots of walking. Hopefully we didn't destroy the good OP week that we had last week.

Tomorrow I plan to go to the Y during the day. At night I have the water aerobics class. Then it's back to school on Tuesday.

Dee, since I'm not going to WW meetings, I don't know the difference between Core and Flex. BUT I think sending a list of foods with hubby is a good idea. Is there a Cabella's anywhere close to you? It really is worth the drive. Have a getaway weekend!
Old 09-17-2006, 09:47 PM   #53  

I just went to that website, and I didn't see any of the S'mores ornaments. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place. I thought it would show them since it's on the card attached to the ornament. Oh well!
Old 09-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #54  

There are no Cabela's in Florida...NONE. I should open one.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:00 PM   #55  

Wow! I can't believe there aren't any! You'll just have to drive to Ohio, pick me up, and we'll go to Michigan to the one that I went to over the weekend.

I found a site that shows the different ornaments. The prices that are shown are crazy! My ghost cost me $6.00 including tax.

www.andys-villagetrees.com
Hope that works. Have to go into another page or two, but it's under smores and Halloween.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #56  
Thursday Lady

Dee, do try the Core Plan. It might just do the trick for you. I tried it but liked the flex better. I liked counting the points to be sure I didn't eat too much. But, it might help get you losing again.

Tammy, I looked up those ornaments. They're cute!

Hope everyone has a great Monday.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:31 PM   #57  

LOL, That would be like a 7 day trip...........one way.

Are you near Wright Patterson AFB? I am going there in January.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:51 PM   #58  
Susan

Hi Everyone,
Sorry for the absence. I wondered why I wasn't getting notified... plus I've been super busy.

I joined a gym and hired a personal trainer. They have run several tests on me so I will know exactly what and where I need to exercise at. I've been eating too few calories so my body thinks it's starving. So they suggested that I increase my caloric intake and exerise. My trainer is great and I meet with him twice a week. I just had my second session with him. So we will see if this helps. I decided I can't do it myself or my way so I'm getting help.

I also decided to stop paying for E tools. I haven't been using it and figured I would save the money. I think what I'll do is go back on WW after I meet with the dietician at the gym.

School is going good. It was a pretty active day today. Got kicked in the shin today. It's the first of the year and we've just finished our first 6 weeks.

I promise I'll write more later. I have to go back and read everyones posts.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:06 PM   #59  

I started core yesterday, not sure if I have the hang of it yet. I liked flex too, but thought maybe a change would help. We'll see.

I looked at the Smore's ornaments too. Cute, that was the first time I had heard of them.

DH started core with me on Monday. He came into my office with a snickers bar and asked what was for lunch. Then we go to eat lunch and he says 'can I have chili?'. I told him it didn't matter, he already ate a snickers bar. Today for lunch he had Burritos with the works.

I did fine, still need to drink that water.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:35 PM   #60  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Dee, that's funny about your husband. Somehow I don't think he really wants to lose weight. Good luck with Core. You can do it, I'm sure you can!!!!!

Susan, it's good to hear from you. Having a trainer is a great thing.
Tammy, how was school today?
Maureen, you've been too quiet.
Sis, how's work?

It was such a beautiful day. We woke up to 68 degrees! I could handle that every day. I didn't get in all my water today. I'll try harder tomorrow. I would love to lose another pound come Thursday.
Closed Thread