3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   WW Clubs and Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups-106/)
-   -   Week of August 14 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ww-clubs-groups/91520-week-august-14-a.html)

luflic 08-14-2006 09:34 PM

Week of August 14

Hello Sistas where is everyone? Hope you don't mind that I started off our week. I am again in Ohio helping my daughter well she won't let me help very frustrating too me. She is so independent. Staying at hotel so got to go swimming yesterday and today that is good. but broke down and ate ice cream yesterday. Oh well.... Hope you all are off to a good start.

eeyoredja 08-14-2006 10:30 PM

I'm here, I did pretty good today, the swelling in my foot went down so i could finally walk on my treadmill; did 30 minutes!! I am proud of me. I did get on the scale for the first time in weeks, and was horrified to see that I weighed 178!! I had let myself go for a while and I guess the bad eating caught up with me. But now I am more determined than ever to stay on track, I have a goal of 20 pounds by the time we go to Tenn. in October.

Hope everyone is doing good today.

Misty, did you find out about your job?

Hugs,
Donna

Jen 08-15-2006 04:45 AM

Hi all. Have not been posting much. My vacation really put me right off plan and I've been really depressed about it all. Not even feeling like I want to lose weight anymore. I think I was putting a lot of hope on going to the bariatric clinic and then when I found out I wasn't likely to be seen within the next 2 years or so, it took the wind out of my sails a lot. Then I set myself up with trying to do too much at once and that lasted about all of 2 days. So I haven't felt like posting much.

Donna - good job with the treadmill! Glad to hear that your foot is better

Luflic - some people just can't or won't ask for help. The best you can do is let her know you are there if she needs you. Otherwise enjoy your visit!

MistySeptember 08-15-2006 07:14 AM

Good morning!

I only have about 2 seconds, but I'll try to get online later today.

I haven't heard about the job. I highly highly doubt I got it. I was really sad and angry with myself for a couple of days, now I am over it. I'll get extra time with DS, who really needs it, which was my intention with sending DD anyway. But I am again having second thoughts about sending her. I just can't let go. It's only 9 hours a week for goodness sake! She's excited so I can't hold her back just b/c I don't want her to grow up.

Well I have to run, but I'll be back laters so I can say hi and send some encouragment your way, b/c it sounds like we all could use some! I'm not even ready to face what the scale said this morning!

MistySeptember 08-15-2006 09:15 AM

Ok I'm back!!! Hopefully I have a minute or two while the kids play....I laugh to myself as I read that back!!!! The tension between the kids has really been escalating into ALOT of acting out. They are best friends one minute, hitting screaming, pinching, hair pulling, ect the next. Bickering I can handle this is out and out violence. I am at my wits end. It's nothing for my almost 2 year old DS to kick his sister in the head knocking her off the couch. Yesterday he snatched her cracker and threw it so she dove around the table and pinched him really hard in the face. My two are the ones who hurt each other. They are NOT allowed to watch violent cartoons, they don't see my husband and I do that, I don't know where it is coming from. The three year old I watch and my daughter tend to scream and whine at each other, but rarely hurt each other.

I am really concerned about my son. He laughs and kicks the dogs and cats, or pokes them with toys. He thinks it's funny to pull my hair, and he's ripped HUNKS of hair out of my daughters head. He doesn't listen at all. Sunday he took off on us in the store, so fast I didn't know which way he went once he turned the corner. DH was closer to him but just called for him. I had to get around him and the cart to go after him. But chasing him just makes him think it's a game. So no more walking in the store. I am really afraid that he has something more going on than just normal 2 year old boy. DH gets mad at me when I say that. But I just have this feeling, you know that Mom feeling? I'm just not doing something right and I don't know how to fix it.

Maybe preschool will be helpful. I can spend more time with DS and DD will get a break from him and time to play with kids her own age. But latley I have to sit right next to them or they freak out. Everytime I walk away for just a second they go nuts. It's exhausting to spend every waking moment referreeing them. I can't even pee.Which is why I'm not always able to come online. W, Th, and F I have a 14 year old who comes and helps me for 3 hours a day and then I get a bit of a break during the day. I can take a couple and she can take a couple and I can take a minute or two on the computer.

I know exactly what you guys mean. Jen, I too feel like I keep setting myself up for failure. I know it must be a bummer to have set your hopes on the clinic and have them dashed. My sister has LOTS of support sites for bariatric patients and maybe I can find out what they are and send them to you. For now maybe just focus on one task at a time. Maybe start with teh one you dred the most or the one you like the least, then the otehrs may fall into place.

Luflic-I'm sorry I didn't send you a :carrot: and a couple of :cb: :cb: sooner for your one pound loss WAY TO GO!!!!!! Don't sweat the icecream. It's tricky but you can work in those treats. You are doing so great! Don't let a little icecream get you down!

Donna-You're brave getting a tattoo on your foot! I LOVE fairies though. I am glad you are enjoying your treadmill! Keep it up!!!!

Steph-How are the headaches?

Well, I've had to stop 25 times while typing this so I better get going. I think I might try to compile a list of reasons I want to lose weight. There must be 100 of them. Myw eight is WAY WAY WAY up, like 9 months pregnant up. I will never reach my goal by my 30th birthday. I can't seem to get a grip on this. maybe if I have a list for inspiration I'll get motivated...maybe's it's just another one of my feeble attempts to get back on track.

AmyMCGS 08-15-2006 11:55 AM

Hi, all.

There must be something in the air... it sounds like most of us are a little off track. I haven't been sticking to my plan at all- just eating whatever's quick and easy to grab in between taking care of my baby, my toddler, and working on the major decluttering I've been doing in my house. My plan was to be reducing portions and eating healthier... but, apparently I need to put myself back on counting every point and making myself more accountable. Ugh.

Have a great week everyone!

eeyoredja 08-15-2006 03:45 PM

Well chicks, I only have a minute, but I wanted to pop in and say, I know we can all do it!! My MIL & FIL are BOTH getting tattoos today, so we'll see how that goes, lol. It's the first for both of them. I'll let you know how that goes.

Hugs,
Donna

Jen 08-16-2006 12:12 AM

Misty - what are you doing to discipline your son when he misbehaves? Not that I condone spanking or hitting as punishment but the odd time that is all my son has understood when trying to talk to him about what he has done wrong does not penetrate his little brain. I can't remember when the last time I had to give him a smack on the bottom, he's almost 5 now so other types of discipline are more effective ie time outs, loss of privledges etc.

MistySeptember 08-16-2006 09:14 AM

Hi all!

Amy-A new baby really makes it hard. I remember those days. Give your self some time and you'll find your groove!

Donna-Good luck to your in laws. I've considered getting a second tattoo, but I am happy with the one I have. It's a green butterfly. I wanted a daisy but they would have to do the white part twice and I was leaving for college and couldn't come back for the second part. I often forget I have one at all until someone asks me about it.

Jen-I've resorted to spanking. It's still not working. It gets and immediate reaction, but has no long term effects on curbing the behavior in the future. I now threaten him..."Stop or I will swat your hieney", that works most of the time for short periods of time. But the other day he had my daughter's Barbies lined up on the couch. I think there was about 6 of them. He picked each one up, spanked them and said "Fwat you hieney...GET OFF THE COUCH!!" Then he threw them. I was like UH OH! The get off the couch comes from my daughter and the boy I babysit's obession with climbing, jumping, sommersaulting, taking the cushions off the couch. So they are not allowed on the furniture if they don't treat it respectfully. I try to redirect him, which is what the "experts" say is best at this age, when I can, but sometimes I feel like that is saying "It's ok you just kicked your sister, Honey, have a toy." He always has to apologize, and I make him say "I'm sorry for...". I don't know. I'm stressed out, they are stressed out. He pinched me in the face Monday. We were at a church softball game. He was antsy b/c it was raining and he couldn't go out of the pavillion and play. He pinched me in the face and I didn't realize until yesterday that his nails broke the skin.

On the weight loss front...I am trying the Wendie plan. So far so good. We went out to dinner last night and I ordered my entre and a box. I boxed half right away. In the end I didn't even come close to eating my daily points target so I got to have a snack last night. We'll see if I can get through I whole week. I made it four days last week.

I have to clean my office today. I am dreading it. But I'll feel better if I can get it done. My son's birthday is the 23rd, we're having a party for his birthday and my dad's which is today on the 20th. Then we'll do the cake and presents thing with DH's family on the 23rd. So I have two cakes to contend with. I can't belive it's already the 16th! Crazy.

Well all have a fabulous day!

Jen 08-16-2006 12:22 PM

Oh boy Misty! Your son sounds like my SIL's boy, probably about the same age too I think. My ds is such a mild mannered child and so good about 99% of the time, I have a hard time imagining how you guys cope. I think I would have beaten my child senseless if he acted that way. I don't know maybe that is part of it. Maybe somehow he senses that I won't put up with anything and so he behaves himself? I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. It's not like he is scared of me but I have noticed that I am capable of giving him a look that will make him instantly behave because he'll stop whatever he is doing and say that he is sorry. Generally I'm pretty laid back about a lot of things but he knows right away when he's crossed the line and I'll send him to his room for a timeout or take away things and he knows I"ll do it, I do not bluff. Sorry to hear that he is stressing you out. It's hard coping with 2 little ones at the same time. My SIL is exactly the same, I think her kids are the same ages as your little ones, her's are 3 and 1, both born on the same day exactly 2 years apart if you can believe that. Not planned, just worked out that way. Anyway she is so stressed by her boy that she is taking off for a 10 day vacation by herself next month. They are not well off but she needs the break. I wish eh? Good luck with your plan, sounds like you are doing well.

luflic 08-16-2006 01:05 PM

Wow ladies we do need a pep talk don't we. Baby steps we all are improving. Even if it is baby steps. We need to celebrate our successes. like Misty you taking home food in a box Whoo Whooo!!! Donna on the treadmill that is great! Staying on plan for the day. Hey just coming here and being able to admit what we have done. That is progress.

MistySeptember 08-16-2006 03:37 PM

I got the job!

I am floored! Ok got to run 800 loads of laundry are looming in the other room...but I did manage to get through all of my papers in the office today!

MistySeptember 08-16-2006 03:39 PM

oh and I was down 3 pounds this morning! It doesn't count until Tuesday..but hey it made me smile!

luflic 08-16-2006 07:48 PM

Congratulations Misty I am so happy for you!

luflic 08-16-2006 07:49 PM

And a loss of three pounds! Looks like the tides have turned for you girl! Yippee Skippee. Post all the great details when you have a chance. When do you start?