3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Weight Watchers > WW Clubs and Groups

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #46
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
It's another hot day. Some parts of town have had rain.
I actually did some needlepoint today. I'm trying a new stitch and that scared me. So, I have put it off for weeks. Turns out the stitch is soooo simple and works up fast. (I am very slow.)
I've done good OP, except for drinking a Coke Classic. There went 3 pts.

Hope everyone is okay.
Tammy, how was that meeting?

Old 08-22-2006, 05:56 PM   #47

Ouch to broken pinkies!!!

The meeting was interesting. Insurance has gone up, and the board is picking up the difference!!! Very surprising. No pay increase until January when the new money from the tax levy starts coming in. Makes sense I guess. I'll have Jan. and Feb. with a bigger paycheck. Woo hoo! I'm pleased about the board picking up the insurance increase though. That is just like getting a raise.

I was at school for 3 hours today. I am pooed. I hardly did anything. Dawn and I went to check out our room. Nothing had changed since we were there last week. We saw the new principal in the hall, and he asked about the room. He went right to the room, looked at it, and went to the librarian and told her he wanted her to start getting her stuff out of there NOW. Oh boy. She had the old principal wrapped around her little finger. I don't think it will be the same. She should never have been allowed to take over that room last year. We found boxes of books that were ordered for the library with packing slip dates of 2004. Think she needs to get busy and do something with them?

Tim called and said classes are great. His Astronomy prof looks like Santa Claus. His Crim. Justice prof is a woman we met when we were checking out different colleges. She was one of the main reasons we settled on Ball State. She is wonderful! We're going over to Muncie Thursday after I get out of school. Taking a payment to the Bursar's Office, and then we'll pick up Tim and go out to eat. He wants Texas Roadhouse, and he said he'd like to make a Wal-Mart run for necesities.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:24 PM   #48
Susan

Hi,

Tina, I haven't needlepointed in years. I want to learn to knit, I can do a simple stitch but nothing else.

Tammy, life is going to be interesting with a new principal. I can't wait to hear more. Have fun with Tim on thursday.

You are never going to guess what happened this afternoon. This stuff started falling out of the sky. It was wet!!!! It rained for about 20 minutes, it is the first time it's rained since the beginning of July. I stood out in it for a few minutes... silly I know.

Amanda (Amy's little girl) asked the doctor if he would write her a note to get out of computer this week since he was writing it for pe. He told her "no, but it's a good try." She is so funny.

Amy is finally feeling better too.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:51 PM   #49
Thursday Lady

Rain in north TX!!! yahoo!!!
Susan, I think I would've stood out in it, too.
Tammy have fun seeing Tim. Congrats on getting a raise next year.
Maureen, have you returned yet?
Sis, do you still have a computer?
Mimi, it's been ages.
Terry, Karla, Jennifer, BJ, come on y'all. Post.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:49 PM   #50
Thursday Lady

Hi group,
Do I hear an echo here????? It's so quiet right now.
Smokey has a urinary infection. I found out yesterday. We spent the morning in the vet's office. He got a shot and brought home medi. Went back this morning for a check. Go back on Monday afternoon. If he's not eating in the morning, I take him in for another shot. Poor baby. It hurts me so.
At least, I might be losing some weight as I'm not hungry and not eating.

Everyone else have a great weekend.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #51
Susan

Hi,
This has not been a very good week. Wednesday, I got home, fed my horses and ran inside to get something to take back out to them. My 37 year old horse was down. To make a long story short, I called Pat and he rushed home. I called the vet. We had to have him put to sleep. It was horrible. We've had him since 1989 and he was my first horse. It's horrible watching my other horse grieve over the loss of him. We were talking tonight that we will probably get another one this fall.

So needless to say, I've shed many a tear. My vet is like a second Dad to me me. He brought his wife, who I love dearly. He talked to Pat then me and then told me I needed to go inside with his wife. I just love them.

Tina, I'm so sorry about Smokey. It's horrible to see your dearly loved pets suffer from anything. (I'm not eating much either)

Tammy, have fun with Tim. Give him a hug for us!

Where is everyone?

Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #52
Thursday Lady

Susan, I am so sorry about your horse. I so feel for you and wish I could be there with you. It's so good to have a vet you trust. Smokey's is quirky but knows her business and takes care of her animals.

Tina
Old 08-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #53

Sorry that I've been too busy (or tired) to get on here!!

Susan, you had rain!! We could use some. The ground is so hard, and it is so dusty. I don't think you are silly at all for standing out in it. I just now read the note about your horse. I am so sorry you had another loss in your life. I wish I was there to give you lots of hugs and support.

It was so good to see Tim! We laughed and talked so much. When we were getting ready to leave, I started to cry. He came over and gave me a big hug even in front of lots of college students!! I think he knew that I needed it, and just maybe he needed it also.

Tina, take care of Smokey!! I agree about having vets that you can trust. There are 4 vets where we take Kramer, and they all love him to bits. They all say that he is the only nice dachsund that they take care of.

I'm totally worn out from the 2 days of school. I'm trying to stay calm with the woman I'll be sharing the room with. The custodians have been working hard since they found out (this week) that we will be using the room for a classroom. We don't have to start with students until Wed. or Thurs. She was yelling at the custodians because things weren't completely finished. I stayed calm for once. Nothing to get upset over. We'll get it done, and at least we have a room to use and we aren't out in the hall working with kids.

No loss no gain this week. I'm stuck.
Going to bed.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:10 PM   #54
Susan

As for my weight loss, I'm up one day and down the next couple of days. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. I have to get this going in the right direction.

Thanks Tammy, it was hard watching Boss suffer Wednesday. He was a great horse. I'm glad that you had a good time with Tim. He needed that hug from his mom just as much as his mom needed it.

The quick rain was great.

I'm off to a birthday party for one of my students. Actually the one that broke my nose. It's a swim party but the teacher won't be swimming. It should be fun, I know one of my kids will be there too.

Old 08-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #55

Susan, how was the birthday party? Hope everyone had fun.

I think you are right about Tim needing the hug. I know he misses us even though Jess is there too. He emails a couple times a day, and he has called a few times. I'm hoping to get a computer in my room at school soon so I can check for his messages. lol

I think it is a very good thing that they are not expecting me to be at school every day. I'm aiming for 3 days a week (T-W-Th). That way the teachers that I'll be working with will know when I'll be there.

I need to go to bed so I can get up and go to church in the morning.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:51 PM   #56
Thursday Lady

Hi,
Of course, Tim needed that hug. He's still you little boy, no matter how old he gets.
The weeks are going by faster and faster.
Susan, take care of yourself.
My Smokey feels a little better today. He's been really sick.
I wrote someone the other day that things were going to good - I was right.
Hopefully everyone will have a great OP Sunday.
Tina
Old 08-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #57
Susan

Hi,
The party was fun. My girl was so excited that I came. I didn't take my swim suit but I sat on the edge of the pool, of course I got splashed. Actually I got all wet. Had a good time.

I'm really tired and I'm watching all of my General Hosptials for the week. Then I'm off to bed.

Tammy, I agree with Tina.... Tim will always be your baby! I'm glad you are only working 3 days a week.

Tina, I'm glad Smokey is a little better. I know it's hard on you when he is sick. Believe me I know!

Old 08-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #58

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I am tired today. Right now Rob is laying down napping with Zackie and I wish it was me. Last night Rob and i went to a going away party for one of his employees that is moving to their Germany office and my parents watched the kids. Well today I am paying for it. I tired to go to Dave and Busters to shoot pool for 3 hours in a new pair of sandals (with heels) and that was the WRONG thing to do.

Well if I don't get back OP I am going to pop but I am so hot from all the 100 degree dry heat i have no energy to exercise. Sweating is the last thing I want to willingly do.

Well I am off to do laundry. Fun, Fun!

Amy
"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."
Old 08-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #59
Thursday Lady

Ouch! New shoes, with heels doesn't sound good. I wear sandals all the time.
It's been raining here on and off all day. Great for the grass!
My brother-in-law was taken to the ER last night, vomitting and dizzy. They think it's an inner ear thing called, Benign Positional Vertigo. An MRI will be run tomorrow to make sure there's nothing else wrong. I think my sister got 2 hrs of sleep last night. We stayed at the hospital all morning.

We stopped for Mexican food after leaving the hospital. If I was counting points today, it would be off the scales.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #60

Tina, I hope Smokey continues to feel better. Let us know what they find out about your BIL. I've had something similar to that, and it isn't fun. Never went to the hospital for it, but did end up at the doctor. I love Mexican food.

Susan, I'll bet the girl was absolutely thrilled that you were at the party. And to sit there and get splashed probably made it that much better!!!

Amy, your poor feet!!! BUT did you have a good time (other than the feet)? I'm with you on getting on program. I have good days and bad days. This ended up being a bad day because Bob cooked supper. lol

When I went to church this morning, I saw windows open in our classroom. Saw Dawn's van there. She told me on Friday that she wasn't coming in over the weekend to work on the room, but I guess she changed her mind. We don't have to start with kids tomorrow, so I wasn't worrying about it.

Rev. Tim did his yearly blessing of the backpacks at church. He does it in groups (Pre-5th, 6th-college, school employees). He blesses each backpack, and if that person doesn't have one, he blesses the person. It's always so neat! Carol and I stood together, and we were both teary eyed as we walked back to our seats. She said, "That's your last time!!" Oh my. A HS teacher from a neighboring school district told me that I'm killing him. He has 10 years to go until retirement. He started to wish me a good year, then changed it to "Have a good few weeks!!" His wife smacked him. lol They got married a few weeks ago, and they are so cute! He's about 6'5", big guy. She's about 5'4" and little.

I think I need to go get my lunch together for tomorrow. Leftovers come in handy during the school year.