The Day before Friday...

View Poll Results: Why are you on WW??
To lose my excess weight.
61.54%
To maintain the weight I have lost.
23.08%
Because I feel like I should be, but I really don't put the effort in.
7.69%
I'm not!
7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Here I am... the first one. Hope everyone is doing A-OK. Lots of issues rolling through this board lately!! I mowed the lawn last night and got quite a workout. Good thing cuz this morning it is raining and I didn't get my walk in!

I am pretty busy today with meetings and getting everything together for our company picnic tonight. Then I am off for 1/2 day tomorrow! YAH!
  • Hello Jen and All. I voted " I'm Not" because right now I am not but I am planning on going back the second that I can! I miss my friends there (I went a visited my meeting a few weeks ago) and really want to get this weight off. We have a family reunion at the beach next summer and I would like to have lost some of this by then. I think it will be a great incentive.

Kim: Sorry to hear about your place. I say find someplace that will maintain for you. I don't think you should have to mow a rental property. That is what landlords are for. Anyway, I bet you find an even better place!

On the holiday issue we do every other year. SO one year Thanksgiving with my family (that is out of town) and Christmas with his (they line here) and then the next year switch. But i have to be truthful to say that on the years we spend Christmas here, the day after Christmas I make my hubby get in teh car at the crack of dawn and drive to see my parents for a few days! My family then just holds Christmas a day or so late. So I get it all...but we see his family all the time is what I think! See how I compromise (haha).

Ok, I am off to fill-up my water bottle. Talk with you soon.

Trish

Trish
  • My holiday issue is different because both sets of parents live close. However, my brother has to switch years. So our family has christmas on Christmas one year, then late the next. On the year that my brother and his family are gone, I will spend christmas with my family if they are around ( sometimes they leave to visit their parents, etc.) But usually for christmas we can hit both families (we are tired tho). From my parents to his it is about an 1 1/2 drive, maybe a little less. His family does nothing for Easter, so we spend it with mine. And if his family does something for Thanksgiving, it is on the Saturday. So again, we spend it with mine. His family is not into family much or spending time together.

Long explanation, but it is really confusing!
  • Hi!
    I've been lurking-hello everyone! On the holiday issue...DF and I have it lucky-his family is in Chicago, and he and his sister both have b-days in December. he always flies home after Christmas and they celebrate everything on New Year's Eve. He doesn't go home for Thanksgiving. So we can spend either turkey day or Christmas with my family, I can work the other holiday, and we can spend New Years with his family!

Kim-Sorry about the apt mess!!! Hopefully you won't have to do the storage thing...and maybe the new place will be even better!
    TxAggie: Sorry about the job! Now is the time to do something you've always been putting off???

Hello to everyone else! Jen-I've revised my Labor Day challenge goal to be at the weight I was when the challenge started! I go to WI tomorrow-wish me luck! I've been doing pretty good in terms of staying OP-and trying to add some more protein into my diet-I am definielty a carb addict!
    I've been going to the gym at least twice a week to work out the upper arms...gotta get them in shape for the wedding. A few of you asked about my dress-I'm trying to figure out how to post the web link....
    More later-lori
  • tired and sick....
    Greetings Jen, Trish, and Lori (and future posters)! How are you? My night was pretty dull - I did laundry, watched TV with the b/f (he was excited b/c mom has cable and a big TV). Went to bed at 9pm. I was so exhausted, I couldn't breathe through my nose or anything either. It was horrible.

Today I look bad and am dragging my butt. But, what can you do I guess. I would like to leave early, but no chance of that happening in the near future.

It's interesting to hear our holiday compromise stories.

My parents are divorced, so we always split xmas as kids. Now that my sisters aer married, they have different places to go to as well, and with the baby (well, she is almost three now) we morphed mom's xmas time with my sister's. Its cool.

I am a bit nervous about being gone for xmas. But I think I can do this. I will call my family LOTS. I also think I will visit my family in Wpg for thanksgiving in Oct. Its a 14 hour drive from here, but my grama is 93 years old. I hate my aunt though!!! My poor siste ris there now, and aunt is driving her mad, about who gets more time (which side of the family) and asking about me - our weights, my love life. She is borderline mentally ill. when my dad was there in the spring, she asked him if I was sexually acitve!! DAd was like, well, she is 25 years old adn a smart girl so if she is she is doing it smartly. I can't understand her. She is the kind of person who loves a fight, is never happy, likes being UNHAPPY...she is single, 58 years old and hasn't dated in probably 25 years. B/c, I think, she is so miserable all the time.

I have no patience for her anymoer. I am only nice b/c she makes my grama's life **** if we fight with her, so its not worth it. Grama is the nicest, sweetest, spunkiest old lady you ever wanna meet!! I don't know what she did to deserve a psycho daughter like that!! Yikes! Punishment.....

Anyway, we all have one or two black sheep/psycho's in our families I guess. She takes the cake!!

My mom's mother isn't the nicest person, she is a downright old bag. So, she counts for mom's side, the aunt for dad's. Fair enough!

Gotta go, have a good OP day girlies!

B
  • Where are you, Friday???
    Argh! I'm here but in a **** of a mood. My boss is a butt face and I want to go home and play with my puppy!
    I think it's pre-PMS.
    On a good note, Bailey slept through the night! Yippee!!
    Boss is back gotta go!
    I did better with points yesterday!
    bye!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Where is everyone???
    I finally get a smoke break and no one is around...YET, there have been over 90 views to the thread. Hmmm, Big Brother is watching you!!!
  • Hi everyone!
    Thanks all for the words of encouragement. I am resolved to not think about the career for a little while and just relax. All of us that were canned are good friends and so we are using this time to take mini trips and have a good time before any of us have to find another job. Its funny, but each of us has some sort of musical talent so we're thinking of starting a band in honor of our new unemployed status. It should be fun and who knows maybe we'll make it big Wouldn't that piss off all of the old company??? No worries, though. DH is being a doll and really supportive. I feel like a weight has been lifted. As far as WW goes, I lost .2# yesterday. I wasn't expecting it because I haven't been to WI for 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to get down to my personal goal soon. I am also working out everyday and it feels so good to get the stress away. They want me to be a leader, but I am not able to go through the training until the spring they scheduled the training sessions on Saturdays during football season (In Texas, Imagine!). If I wouldn't have gotten season tickets already I would ditch football (weird), but since they're paid for I don't want to miss them. Oh well, I am going to train to be a receptionist and start that in a couple of months.

For holidays, me and DH are still working through this. My folks are about 3 hours from here and his folks are in Louisiana. We did Christmas there last year and Easter here. We are switching this year. Its tough, but our families understand.

Kim ~ Sorry about your home!!! That is terrible of your land lady to do! I guess the Karma of the world is all sorts of screwed up right now.

Well, I am going to go run some more errands. I love going to the store when no one is there!

Take Care,
    Kay
  • I don't have much to say today so I thought I'd just say hi. No luck on the housing front yet. I've left tons of messages and only one person called me back. I'm trying to figure out if I can get the Sunday classified early, but I don't know if that's possible! I may work at a newspaper, but the deparmtents are pretty separate from each other.

Kay: I'm glad you're in good spirits!

Hi to everyone!
  • Hi girls - this is very quick - I just don't want to be lurky. I want a puppy today, I guess I'll have to go play with the dogs at the barn. I get to see the RCMP Musical ride at Job #2 tonight - I'm excited!!! I just told the people I'm working for this week that the job is too boring and they don't pay me enough so I'm leaving a week early - I feel bad but most of the time I'm just shuffling paper.
    Kay - I don't know where you are but if they have temp agencies, I've always loved to work like that - I already have something else to go to next week!

Hi to everyone else have a great thursday
    KT
  • Hi again ...

I just decided to set a new goal for myself, since I totally blew the Labor Day challenge. (Sorry, Jen!) By my 29th birthday, on Oct. 18, I'm shooting for 171.8, which would be a 35-lb. overall loss. It's also .2 less than the weight I was the FIRST time I joined WW, in 1992, when I lost 35 lbs. I figure from there, I'll have 36-40 to go, since I want to get around 125-130. Remember, I'm only 5 feet tall!

It seems so far away ...

Just SAY I get married next Sept. or Oct. (which is what I'm hoping for, if b/f will get a move on), can I lose 50 to 60 pounds by then? If I want to, I have to do better than I've done since February, when I hit my plateau.

On another topic, I'm going to see a duplex tonight. Looks cool from the outside, but I may have to talk the guy into the dogs.